Paterson to introduce same-sex marria...

Paterson to introduce same-sex marriage bill

There are 3 comments on the www.pressconnects.com story from Apr 8, 2009, titled Paterson to introduce same-sex marriage bill. In it, www.pressconnects.com reports that:

Gov. David Paterson said today he plans to re-introduce legislation to make same-sex marriages legal in New York.

The legislation is expected to mirror a gay-marriage bill introduced in 2007 by former Gov. Eliot Spitzer, who -- with Paterson as his running mate -- campaigned in 2006 on a platform that included marriage equality.

“We’ll put a bill out and let the people decide one way or the other,” Paterson said this morning on WHCU-AM (870) in Ithaca

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.pressconnects.com.

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#1 Apr 8, 2009
I hope he does so and I hope he leans on his fellow Democrats in the Senate to pass it.

Since: May 08

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Apr 8, 2009
Well this of course is good news, even though the number of votes seem to be a bit shy. I'm a tad worried with regards to Republican's jumping on to this issue with even more force as a means to try and bolster their strength again.
marenda

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Apr 19, 2009
Now it's one thing to do something and fully understand what your doing and the consequences that it holds. It's another thing to openly defy or go against what you were to is the right thing to do. To intently go against GOD'S word shall reap the ultimatae punishment. No one has the right to judge another; for the LORD GOD is the one and only true judge. Yet, it would go against everything i believe if i did not take a stand. Look, he gave us choices and we will be held accountable for every decision that we make. So, if you choose to co-habitate or have relationship with the same sex. That is your your choice and so be it. But the bible specificly tell us that marriage is that between a man and a women. That man shall not lay with man nor women with women. We are living in the last days. If you don't believe it open the bible and see for yourself. Every word that he has said shall come to pass. It would be in the better judgement of all humain all the world for this bill not to be past. Trust me when i tell you it will bring upon nothing but distruction. The divorce rate will go up and gods wrath will pour out. I believe people have the right to live as they choose. The right to have health insurance and such things just as everyone else. This does not require same sex marriage. They can have these things as a single person. And if Gov. Patterson need this bill to pass inorder to come out of the closet himself-maybe he should rethink his lifestyle. Maybe he should be more sercure in knowing that people sexual orientation doesn't determine what type of person they are. He should be confident that who he is as a man will override his preference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ithaca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael J. Sigler as Legislator? (Jan '16) Feb 13 Anyone But Mike S... 20
News GROUNDED: Project shuts down Binghamton flights... Feb 12 Conklincolt 7
News Does Lansing Have a Voice in the Natural Gas Cr... Feb 10 walkerny 1
News Mourners of police shooting victim Shawn Greenw... (Mar '10) Feb 4 Carolb 25
Groton drug problem? (Dec '13) Jan '17 lexiepippygirl 3
Need help picking a local Gym Jan '17 DVDMXM 1
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Dec '16 Good fella 32

Ithaca Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ithaca Mortgages