Mourners of police shooting victim Shawn Greenwood fill Ithaca church

Mar 2, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: PressConnects.com

On and on the mourners came -- men and women, young and old -- filing into St. James AME Zion Church and shuffling past the casket of Shawn Greenwood, who was shot and killed by an Ithaca Police Department narcotics investigator last week.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 23 of23
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
James Harris

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2011

Offthestreet wrote:
It seems to me black commit crimes against the blacks. Deal drugs to other blacks, shoot other blacks. I would seem to me the black community would be happy to have this creep out of their neighborhood and sleep a little safer a night. Too bad the parents were not able to instill better values in the son, that is where the failure lies and that is the reason the police offer was put in a position of life and death. Glad he was killed. Good job Ithaca police.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but a Spade is a Spade. You would have to grow up in this county to understand how blacks are treated here, and why when something like this happens the security video from the public, police dash always never shown to public and later disappears.

If it is always on the up and up, then why always the cover up?
James Harris

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2011

rightwing wrote:
The only thing disgusting me here is reffering to him as a victim. When you do what this man did you have to be willing to suffer the ultimate consequence and you do not deserve in any way to be labeled a victom. He was a victim of his own actions.
Good Job IPD.
That assumes that the facts told by police were correct! The Mayor did a press conference and promised to release the video evidence and bam, never happened. When a white person caused my sons death, the police refused to prosecute and then bullied local paper into not running the story. Spade is a Spade.
James Harris

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2011

ngirl wrote:
<quoted text> I feel that people were misinformed about what happened in the first place. I feel that police should not taze u while u are driving. When that happened SHAWN slammed his foot tothe gas involentarily.
It is often a race thing. The numbers dont lie. My mom was arrested for armed robbery. The allegged Victim said that a 6'0" Male with a limp and a cane and scarred achne did it.!

My mom is 5'3", no ache, no cane, no limp,no gun, female and they still let it go past the preliminary hear and pushed indictment. When it was discovered that the investigator told her on video that he did not care if she did it or not, she was going down. They begged her to plea. She took it to trial and won. She is black and happened in Ithaca. A Spade is A Spade.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 23 of23
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Ithaca Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ithaca People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••