My Pet World: Feline herpes virus sim...

My Pet World: Feline herpes virus similar to common cold in humans

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 26, 2009, titled My Pet World: Feline herpes virus similar to common cold in humans. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Q Please advise if the feline herpes virus can be treated successfully. From what I understand, it's a chronic condition and it spreads easily.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

DJ Cooper

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Jun 9, 2009
Is this,or any other feline virus able to infect humans?I became ill around the same time my shelter adopted cat did and I was diagnosed with a bacterial infection generally transmitted by cats.......a week later I was told my cat had this herpes virus and the vet claims feline illnesses cannot transmit to humans.
Michael2327

Kansas City, MO

#3 Dec 3, 2014
I noticed as I was holding my cat yesterday when she yawned, she couldn't really open one side of her mouth. I think that she might have herpes. Could that affect me if she started licking my cheek? I think I should get this checked out don't you? http://hansendx.com/products/fhv-1/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ithaca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Student Fatally Stabbed In 'Large Fight... Sun BLdontM 1
News NY man pleads not guilty to strangling Cornell ... (Jan '15) Aug 10 perfect 12
indymedia reports gang stalking and covert hara... (Jun '07) Jul '16 Elise Gingerich 7
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Jul '16 josephbarkley 20
News Body Mind Restoration Retreats, Ithaca, NY (May '07) Jul '16 Midwestern Mama 14
Ithaca man invents visual internet browser! Jun '16 ithakinz 1
Dryden Cops and Tickets May '16 CNY 1

Ithaca Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ithaca Mortgages