Kruger dumped as ReNewa s director

Erich Kruger, the founder and longtime face of ReNew Building Materials and Salvage, said he was shocked when he was terminated without notice by his board of directors on July 20. Full Story
chap914

AOL

#1 Aug 6, 2010
With all the free materials they have in stock, one wonders why they don't have a barn sale and move materials out at bargain basement prices to raise capital and keep this fellow in his position.
flat lander

United States

#2 Aug 6, 2010
37k to spend time in NY. Eric you forgot to check the back door and the your support melted in the summer heat. A good idea and a good project with sad ending. No need to remember how to get home since your home is where you rest your head & pillow. good luck in NY.
Boyd

Brattleboro, VT

#3 Aug 6, 2010
Another ignorant, speculative statement from Flat lander.

Eric was in town until last week. He went to Ithaca AFTER his termination.
resident

Waterbury Center, VT

#4 Aug 6, 2010
Eric did a wonderful job with Renew. My favorite place to shop. I get all the lumber and odd things that can't be found around here. The place is great and I hope it stays up and running. I wish Eric was still there it was his baby after all. I don't know how you fire the founder of a place but I guess these days anything goes. Good luck in whatever you do Eric. I will still shop renew....
Fran

Newfane, VT

#5 Aug 6, 2010
Boyd wrote:
Another ignorant, speculative statement from Flat lander.
Eric was in town until last week. He went to Ithaca AFTER his termination.
Flat lander is from Iowa (changed his location to "USA" when too many people told him to shut up). He has no idea about anything in this area, or any of the other areas whose boards he posts his drivel on. He posts the same kind of mindless drool on every news board and site he can find, always making the most ignorant posts imaginable.
Really, just ignore him.
Fran

Newfane, VT

#6 Aug 6, 2010
resident wrote:
I don't know how you fire the founder of a place but I guess these days anything goes. Good luck in whatever you do Eric. I will still shop renew....
Founding a business does not guarantee you a job for life, owning one does. He wanted a board of directors and their job is to make these kinds of decisions.
Paul Brunetto

Keene, NH

#7 Aug 6, 2010
The ReNew board of directors deserve a good spanking. Their actions were at the very least rude beyond comprehension.

I have been a ReNew customer since the very beginning. When the board votes to dump the board, maybe I'll be be back.
That Stinks

Brattleboro, VT

#8 Aug 6, 2010
I really enjoyed talking with Erich when he was in the shop. I have noticed over the past few months that prices of things are absurd. A sink that is used cost more than a brand new equivalent at Perkins for instance. No wonder their sales are down. Just because its saving the Earth doesn't mean people are going to pay more for it used.
flat lander

United States

#9 Aug 7, 2010
Fran stop it your breaking my heart. I sorry that you had to pay for coffee and please give me a chance to make up with you
Quazy Jamaican

Stowe, VT

#10 Aug 18, 2010
All I can say is I have tried to shop at Renew for years and I am completely mystified and baffled by the place. It looks like an absurd skit in a comedy about naive hippies wanting to do the right thing- so you purchase this rotten crap priced HIGHER than if you went to Perkins, or Brown and Roberts or Home Depot.
I have gone in with a list of things I needed, from kitchen cabinets to windows and doors, only to stand there thinking,'for ten bucks more I can get this new!'
Maybe this works for the Brattleboro trust fund babes but the rest of us had hoped Renew would be the source of dirt cheap building supplies.

Many of you here espouse Erich as the noble creator of a non-profit, saving the planet from tons of needless landfill, I am one of many who find this notion just laughable. Why doesn't a non-profit organization like Renew want to throw open it's doors and experience the notion of a fast nickel instead of standing around waiting for the slow dime to roll in? Why on earth should we shop at your greedy guts store, you obviously might care about the earth but you sure as heck don't care about your low income neighbors.

Like the rest of this new so called Green Movement you will find success as soon as you drop your elitist snobbery off at the door.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ithaca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 8 hr henu 6,432
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 12 Stan Stasiak 16,786
Cornell Embezzlement Coverup (Nov '13) Sep 10 Where the justice at 17
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 8 positronium 6,387
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 2 Austrian Expat 439
Ithaca Suspect in Lansing and Dryden Home Invas... Aug 28 cny 2
Police charge three in Dryden heroin raid (Feb '14) Aug 28 cny 8
•••
•••
Ithaca Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ithaca Jobs

•••
•••
•••