Women in Ithaca
CCC123

Ithaca, NY

#1 Apr 17, 2013
Hello!
I am a student at Ithaca College and I am trying to create an audio essay about loss and acceptance. I am currently looking to record the stories of women (any age) who have dealt with hard divorces, break ups, deaths, etc. of a close man or woman in your life. It could be a parent, a significant other, a child, etc. I just recently had to say goodbye to the person I loved the most because he found another woman. I have been depressed for a while and my nature is usually to turn to drugs. But recently I have been trying to deal with all of this sober. I want to create this audio essay to show the struggle of overcoming broken promises and how to accept it and move on. Honestly, I want it to be a woman because I am recording four age groups of voices- child, teenage/young adult, adult, senior citizen and I want them to flow together so it follows the cycle of growing up and dealing with fucking tough times. This may sound cheesy or stupid to some people, so just ignore the post then but if anybody wants to share their beautiful story then respond to this post because you may make someone else struggling feel like they are not alone.
Thanks,
CC
beecee

Camillus, NY

#2 Jan 18, 2014
This is a great undertaking, hope you are doing well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ithaca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dryden Cops and Tickets 17 hr CNY 1
Nicole Randall May 6 SamR 4
Park / Trail Vote Defeat May 5 CNY 1
twins adopted from ithaca area 1990 (Nov '12) Apr '16 adopted 6
News Zacks Investment Research Downgrades Tompkins F... Apr '16 Sheryl Ann 1
News County Gears Up For Bicentennial Celebration Apr '16 Sheryl Ann 1
News California lawmaker calls for supervised heroin... Apr '16 Sheryl Ann 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ithaca Mortgages