Lehigh Valley Entrepreneurs Suggest L...

Lehigh Valley Entrepreneurs Suggest Local Currency to Help Econ...

There are 6 comments on the WFMZ story from Jan 7, 2009, titled Lehigh Valley Entrepreneurs Suggest Local Currency to Help Econ.... In it, WFMZ reports that:

Some Lehigh Valley entrepreneurs have a solution to help the slumping economy. Printing your own money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 7, 2009
I don't get it??? If other places have done this then maybe it works. I guess I have to hear more about the logistics to fully understand this concept. Wow! Times are really changing.
Janelle

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Jan 8, 2009
It sounds like an idea that deserves more research to see if it really would help our local businesses.

However, my first thought on reading this article was of the TV show "The Office" - Dwight Schrute and his "Schrute Bucks".
Bill from Coopersburg

Lebanon, NJ

#3 Jan 8, 2009
Want to take bets on how long it takes for someone to figure out a way to take this new version of money and add a welfare clause into it? The lazy will always figure out a way to simply sit on their lazy butts and steal taxpayer money.
Tina Olson

Hellertown, PA

#4 Jan 8, 2009
I think it might be good to say that the time dollar exchange has been a program that has been in start up mode in Allentown for like 5 years now. I wonder why it was presented as something new? The former Health Springs in Bethlehem Township were to actually accept volunteering in exchange for medical care. This system was never set up. I lost contact. Good luck to the new start up, it's still a great idea. It needs a lot of people to make it something, so sign up!
Tina Olson of Hellertown

Hellertown, PA

#5 Jan 8, 2009
Oh and Bill if you did your homework you'd find that this program has been introduced to the poor as a way for them to make ends meet without using government funding AND work for the services the poor tends to rely on government funds.
It has nothing to do with being lazy!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#6 Jan 9, 2009
Tina Olson of Hellertown wrote:
Oh and Bill if you did your homework you'd find that this program has been introduced to the poor as a way for them to make ends meet without using government funding AND work for the services the poor tends to rely on government funds.
It has nothing to do with being lazy!
How does this work? I'm interested. Where can I find out more?

Bill is an angry person. He is always spouting off about lazy fat butts, welfare bums, corrupt politicians, blah, blah, blah. If you come on here enough you'll get to know him.:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ithaca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Groton drug problem? (Dec '13) Jan 12 lexiepippygirl 3
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael J. Sigler as Legislator? (Jan '16) Jan 11 Voter In Lansing 12
Need help picking a local Gym Jan 5 DVDMXM 1
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Dec 23 Good fella 32
News Grand jury indicts former Massena Wellness Cent... Dec 21 co co Nuts 5
Travis henry??? Dec '16 Amber 1
News Snow Storm Totals in Central and Upstate New York Dec '16 cooter 2

Ithaca Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ithaca Mortgages