Congressman Arcuri sues Independence ...

Congressman Arcuri sues Independence Party

Posted in the Ithaca Forum

Independance Party Voter

Montgomery, AL

#1 Aug 7, 2008
Judge writes: "...the Court finds no reasonable probability that anyone dealing with the designating petitions could have thought that he was running in a state other than the State of New York."

Statement by Richard Hanna Responding to the Court Victory Upholding his Nomination as the Independence Party Candidate

Cooperstown, NY - August 2, 2008

"Last week's court ruling was a victory for all those registered as Independence Party voters in the 24th Congressional District who want to take back our Congress from career politicians like Mike Arcuri. Mike Arcuri and his supporters have claimed that he would be the candidate for the Independence Party and when the party rebuffed them they attempted to stop my candidacy with unsubstantive arguments."

"I believe people are tired of the 'win-at-all costs' mentality emanating from the party bosses in Washington and career politicians like Mike Arcuri. I know independent voters will be joining my team in November as we take back Washington and the Congress from the party bosses and special interests who are destroying this country."

Hanna's court victory today was the result of an action by Arcuri supporter William T. Campion, III who filed suit claiming the Hanna Independence Party nominating petition did not fulfill the requirements to qualify Hanna for the ballot on the Independence Party line in November's general election.

New York State Supreme Court Justice Roger D. McDonough ruled from the bench July 28th that the petition was in compliance making Hanna the Independence Party's candidate for Congress in the 24th District. As a result Hanna will be running as the endorsed Republican, Conservative and Independence Parties candidate in November

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ithaca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lifton, Helming Bills Could Bring Tax Relief in... Jul 28 CNY 1
Tompkins County CPS (Aug '11) Jul '17 julian 12
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Ithaca Jun '17 SEE the TAZZ STENCH 2
How's the are for kids? Jun '17 Anawnamis 1
Groton drug problem? (Dec '13) Jun '17 Concerned 4
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Ithaca Jun '17 VictorOrians 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael J. Sigler as Legislator? (Jan '16) May '17 Do I Support Mike... 23

Ithaca Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ithaca Mortgages