Firefighters killed in 1978 Waldbaum'...

Firefighters killed in 1978 Waldbaum's fire remembered

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 3, 2008, titled Firefighters killed in 1978 Waldbaum's fire remembered. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Mass and procession through Brooklyn yesterday were both a remembrance of the six firefighters killed fighting the Waldbaum's fire 30 years ago and a reunion for disparate families and old friends.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Peter Billek ret L 30

AOL

#1 Aug 12, 2008
Thanks for sending me stories about the FDNYI enjoy them very much. I retired from L 30 in 1964 and live in Clearwater Fl for the past 36 years and love it. Please keep me on your E-mail list
TMD

AOL

#2 Aug 12, 2008
Cripes! If the firefighters are crying about this thirty years later, they'll be crying in their beer about 9/11 for the next three generations, easy.
TMD

AOL

#3 Aug 12, 2008
Peter Buttlick ret L 30 wrote:
Thanks for sending me stories about the FDNYI enjoy them very much. I retired from L 30 in 1964 and live in Clearwater Fl for the past 36 years and love it. Please keep me on your E-mail list
Your name is Peter Buttlick, and I find that funny.
Peter Billek ret L 30

AOL

#4 Aug 12, 2008
Don't make fun of me, you whipper-snapper. I'm 70 years old, infirm, my weiner no longer functions as it ought to, and I'm hooked up to poop into a bag. This is not the way you should treat an American Hero. Why, I'm the Greatest American Hero. Also, My name is not Peter Buttlick, and for your information I'll have you know I have never licked a buttocks. Let me have my dignity. When I was a boy, mamby-pamby girlly boys were to be mocked, and I'm all man, despite my inability to prove it.
justsayin

Staten Island, NY

#5 Aug 21, 2009
TMD wrote:
Cripes! If the firefighters are crying about this thirty years later, they'll be crying in their beer about 9/11 for the next three generations, easy.
To make a statement like that is heartless for many its about keeping a memory alive not crying over it and means a lot to some. Remembering what these people gave and to hold a place for them in the lives of their wives, children, grandchildren and in the lives of all who knew them as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islip Terrace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
North Babylon fire Department (Jun '06) 6 hr Mr Plow 22
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 17 hr Bruser 2,826
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Sun Jewel_and_Kaymac k 1,520
Joseph Nicols D.D. S. *** STAY CLEAR OF HIM *** (Jul '09) Jan 13 Severe Pain 34
News Southampton Town Police reports (Feb '09) Jan 13 Mel Brooks 6
News Storm wallops LI roads, causing spin outs and s... Jan 10 positronium 7
News Islip, not Suffolk County, to give new park ran... Jan 10 best of luck 14

Islip Terrace Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance