WEST ISLIP: Bomb threat at high school

Full story: Newsday

A note found near a stairwell at West Islip High School yesterday prompted an evacuation around noon, a school official said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Not Again

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

This is the high school I went to! What is going on with our kids (your kids)??? Can we blame the parents? Someone help me out with this :o(
believe it

Greenwich, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

Judged:

Blame the parents!! They can't control their kids. I work in a high school and I am disgusted by the parents who expect the schools to parent their children. Then there are the ones who just don't care, the ones in denial and others where you can see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. It is an embarassment.
ahahahahhaha

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

what are we in israel. there is not going to be no bomb at a high school. most of the kids who write bomb threats have never even made a cholorine or pipe bomb, they are trying to get out of school.
what

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

believe it wrote:
Blame the parents!! They can't control their kids. I work in a high school and I am disgusted by the parents who expect the schools to parent their children. Then there are the ones who just don't care, the ones in denial and others where you can see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. It is an embarassment.
what HS so u work in?
what

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

do*
Yeah

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

I go to this high school and we had at least 3 bomb threats this recent year. Mostly the kids who made these threats wouldn't know a bomb if it blew up in their face. They were just trying to get out of school or impress people. Actually, it became a trend to get kicked out of school for this sort of thing. They were just being immature and wasting everyone's time on a big scale. The principal and the police were pretty unhappy with the whole situation but we were never in any real danger.
We should probably be worrying about the mindset of the idiots who pulled this crap just as much as we're worried about the safety of the school.
LIer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

When I was in 9th Grade at WIHS (2002 - 2003) we had a bomb threat every other day at one point and then every week or so until think they eventually caught the kid in like March of that year bear in mind that this was going on since September.
After that though I think we only had one other bomb threat between then and my graduation in June 2006.
I think we also may have had a few when I was in middle school at Beach Street as well. I know Udall definitely had them as did at least 1 of the elementary schools.
LIer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

Yeah, you are so correct. The kid that did half of the bomb threats when I was there was actually proud of what he did. He thought the whole thing was funny.

The tragic part is that they only kicked him out for the rest of that year and all of the next year. He was back for 11th and 12th grades.
yoo

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

ik the kids that did the threats they just wanted to get out of tests because their lazy
west islip freshman

Union City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

i recently graduated from udall and there were no bomb threats from September 2005 to June 2008
beach 8th grader

Union City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

beach had a bomb threat yesterday..
what now

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

there is always a bomb threat there

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Islip Discussions

Search the Islip Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min Guess who 114,970
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 31 min Sham Hannuty 16,777
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 48 min Ha Ha 6,358
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 51 min Ha Ha 6,338
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 4 hr Bruser 2,256
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) Tue Sarah 60
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Mon The truth 1,311
•••
•••

Islip News Video

•••
Islip Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Islip Jobs