Celtic Woman delivers high camp

Celtic Woman delivers high camp

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 13, 2009, titled Celtic Woman delivers high camp. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The five-member Irish vocal group Celtic Woman exists in the same musical sphere as Il Divo and Josh Groban in that they dress up both traditional songs and pop standards with much pomp, circumstance and drama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Cindy Stainker

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 14, 2009
I love this group but I always manage to miss their show. Better luck next time.
monet

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Feb 14, 2009
Well , of course this entertainment deserved a snarky review. There were no no guitars, no long haired males prancing around the stage, no screaming lyrics in place of singing, the entertainers were all dressed in fine costumes, rather than jeans and plaid shirts, what was there to say except to repeat rumors of lipsynching denoting the performance as campy. Normal.
RossKnowsJackSqu at

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Feb 16, 2009
Celtic Woman put on a great live show. Ross obviously has been brain-damaged by listening to pop garbage. He calls the show middle-brow. Compared to what? People know this group for their actual musical talent, not through celebrity gossip rags. He also tries to spread rumors of lip-syncing. After seeing their show live, I can assure you they don’t.“Almost uncannily perfect” is right. And this is probably because the group actually spends their time practicing and rehearsing, instead of going out drinking and posing for paparazzi. If Brittney Spears and Miley Cyrus are what you use to measure talent don’t bother with Celtic Woman. But, if you like the music style of Celtic Woman, their show will blow you away. If you’re an idiot like Ross, go spend $150 on Hanna Montana tickets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Isle of Hope Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary will lose! "EmailGate" Too Untrustworthy! Thu Kaitlin 1
Unsung Moment in Black History Wed Kingdom Builders 2
What percent of white women are with black men ... (Apr '13) Aug 23 dinger frank sing... 40
News Prosecutors re-indict Savannahians in two slayi... Aug 18 Go Blue Forever 1
Evan McMullin, ex CIA agent, takes on Trump, Hi... Aug 10 Never Too Late 1
Looking for a new place to call home..... Aug 2 tinalanae 1
News Training at Fort Stewart heard across Coastal E... (Mar '14) Mar '14 anonymous 1

Isle of Hope Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Isle of Hope Mortgages