a Ponder

Williston, VT

#28 Nov 9, 2007
That place will be ausume when it is complete. Indoor and outdoor dining in the summer. Heck,she even dilivers Pizza & drinks to ball games at the ball park and comes back sold out.... We need new ideas around hear like that. These Ted loving business bashers that want the same old same old, need to get a life. It's time for change.....
The times are a changin

Barre, VT

#29 Nov 10, 2007
Yes, it is time for a change, but Delores will have to change her tune also. For those who think it's "ausume" I think that would be awesome, yes, it has potential, but to have to wait for her to finish belittling the help in order to pay for coffee, isn't going to fly. Maybe people from New York are used to that kind of behavior, but up here, people are a bit friendlier. She will have to get some good cooks too, because I ate there and it was horrible. Yes, it was horrible as the Cook Shack too. Maybe it would have been better if it was still NAPA.
I never see Teddy spending any money at local businesses? Well, except for Goulets, where he gets his car fixed by the monkeys.
New businesses are needed. But just because you are bold and brassy, doesn't mean you are the best. Good luck to Delores Valentine. Start being a nice person, not one who wants to chew everyone's head off. You will gain no friends that way.
a Ponder

Williston, VT

#31 Nov 10, 2007
My blood presser has dropped to a normal level since WISHIWASHY has been dump... I warned him back at comment 911, that would happen. Know, we can comment on a more calmer level and get back to the business of fixing the problems of our beautiful little town....
a Ponder

Williston, VT

#33 Nov 10, 2007
Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
A Ponder, please go back and review UWISH's comments. I don't think he was the town official you thought he was. After a careful look it would seem this persons initials were TEM. Please look again and let us know what you think.
What comment # is TEM at?? After awhile I cam to that conclusion too.
a Ponder

Williston, VT

#34 Nov 10, 2007
I think it stand for T. Theodore E. Elmafud M. Miller
teach um

Barre, VT

#35 Nov 10, 2007
Do you really think Teddy is that literate? Who ever wrote those words as Wish U was quite good at English. I can't think of any Teddy supporters that can write without a stammer???
Conclusion?
Get out on election day, no matter what the weather and vote him (Teddy) out if you don't like him.
UWISH U NU

United States

#36 Nov 10, 2007
a Ponder wrote:
My blood presser has dropped to a normal level since WISHIWASHY has been dump... I warned him back at comment 911, that would happen. Know, we can comment on a more calmer level and get back to the business of fixing the problems of our beautiful little town....
Hey POUNDER, I"m still around. I just happen to have a real life and was out enjoying the beautiful day. NOw, let's review this once again. I am NOT Ted Miller, and I am NOT Joel Cope. Keep guessing if it makes a difference to you... and it seems it does. That I can't figure out. The truth is the truth no matter who speaks it.
Whoever said Miller isn't that literate obviously doesn't know him. He's very well spoken and well written. He does also spend money in town, he's got plenty of family here for cripes sake and you people saying he answer the door with a gun and doesn't live a life like a normal person with trips to the store, post office, school.... c'mon folks. People who don't live in town might buy that crap, but anyone who knows him realizes most all of the allegations on here are untrue.
Now, get back to your business of fixing the problems in town. Yep, you're doing a freakin' wonderful job here.... so much is accomplished and great strides made in resolving the ills of Brighton by bashing our only police officer and painting the locals with a broad stroke here on this forum.
Why don't you print out this little thread here and bring it down to your friend Delores? Seems nobody has given her any messages or information from here yet or she hasn't acted on it. There is still much construction debris around the place spilling into the road on the side and in the back. Vehicles still parked on the sidewalk in the front and sides and on the park. Oh yah, I heard too she shooed out the town health officer who stopped by a couple days ago. Guess she's got no reason to hide anything from her either, huh?
Keep on keeping on POUNDER, and let me be clear here: if I'm really going to threaten you you're going to know it. That crack about kicking you in the butt was a pun on your "smart" comment. You really should use a dictionary or spell check when you post. I am promising you that sooner or later your name will be on here and everyone will know who you are. I don't threaten. I promise. Unfortunately I see you don't have a sense of humor.
So, yes, it will be nice when Ms. Valentine and her clan open up the "new" restaurant. They might have a nasty surprise though if they have to re-do the renovations because they don't conform to code. What the hell is she thinking with all those chairs and tables outside too? Heck it's been freezing every night for the past week and the ponds are starting to freeze. We could get a dumping of snow at any time. Bet it will be fun for the road crew to plow by there.
There's no need to get all worked up POUNDER, these are only words here and no reason to get excited. That is of course if you are comfortable writing and reading a difference of opinion. Perhaps you're now in over your head and confrontation in cyberspace is too much for you to handle. Just a thought. I'd hate for you to blow a gasket over simple words.
UWISH U NU

United States

#37 Nov 10, 2007
Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
A Ponder, please go back and review UWISH's comments. I don't think he was the town official you thought he was. After a careful look it would seem this persons initials were TEM. Please look again and let us know what you think.
Yah Watching, please go back again and try to figure it out. NOT Miller and NOT Cope. But you know what, if that's what makes you people happy, so be it. Yes, Watching and POUNDER have it all figured out.

Again, what difference does it make who is commenting, the truth is the truth.
UWISH U NU

United States

#38 Nov 10, 2007
a Ponder wrote:
What's a matter, can't take the heat? There is no threat, get that clear. I was simply making a pun on your "smart" comment. You really should find a sense of humor, and more importantly not get so worked up by a conflicting opinion.

You're accomplishing quite a bit "fixing the problems" of our little town. Yes, it really helps alot to come here and bash our town constable and paint the townspeople with a broad stroke. You might start fixing things by showing Delores this little thread about her place. As of an hour ago there was still construction debris on all sides and vehicles spilling into the street and parked on the sidewalk and park.

Those who say the Constable does not spend money in town obviously, again, don't know him. He lives here for cripes sake and he isn't a hermit. And he doesn't answer the door with a gun in his hand unless it's the middle of the night. In which case I'd open my door with a weapon close by too.

Keep on with it people, you're doing a wonderful job. Lots getting done by perpetuating untruths and gossip.
UWISH U NU

United States

#39 Nov 10, 2007
Apoligies on the double post Pounder. My screen didn't refresh and I thought I lost the post. Again, apologies. I really am concerned over your health....
very disheartened-

Lake Memphremagog, VT

#40 Nov 10, 2007
You all need to get a life, and stop putting your nose's where they don't belong....
UWISH U NU

United States

#41 Nov 10, 2007
very disheartened- wrote:
You all need to get a life, and stop putting your nose's where they don't belong....
As a taxpayer I think it is important that people do not claim public property as their own. The minute these people opened up shop they began pissing people off. Why should these people be able to ignore local laws, create a hazard that we the townspeople may have to pay for if someone gets hurt due to their overbuilding or lack of cleanliness (in the kitchen and worksite). The town would be remiss, particularly the Selectboard and zoning admin/boards if they didn't address this issue.

If you don't want to read about stuff in Island Pond, then find another forum. I'll stick my nose where I want, thank you.
UWISH U NU

United States

#43 Nov 10, 2007
Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a hypocrite of the worst kind, UWISH. You say you drive by Valentines and see construction going on and you don't like the mess. You say she is misusing public property and then you drive right by the biggest eyesore in town, Brighton Chevrolet, where you find unregistered vehicles left out in the public street. You whine about an imaginary obstruction on Mill Street but not the garbage and illegal junk cars lined up behind Brighton Chevrolet (clearly visible from Mill Street). You rave about hazards to the public and then turn a blind eye while detergents run into the pond from Brighton Chevrolet and crappy used cars from these same, totally irresponsible brothers of Ted Miller, are parked in the Town Park, leaking oil and antifreeze all over the ground. You screech about Valentine driving her truck on this same town park but say nothing when Al Goulet tears up that same town park with his plow truck. You say nothing when Al Goulet renegs on a promise to repair a vehicle he has smacked with his plow and say nothing when Al and Craig both physically attack Delores and Kevin.
You want facts, hypocrite, you've got them now.
Keep on posting DIMWISH, we'll all be glad to help you with more facts.
Your facts are a farce. I've addressed every single statement here prior to this post. I'm not wasting my time on you.
Local I P

Woodstock, VT

#44 Nov 10, 2007
Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
I DID check Valentines health department inspection. A problem with an unlabled bleach bucket and a problem with the refrigerators (the previous owners had ripped out the thermometers). I also noticed that the Valentine's kept the restaurant open even as they were trying to renovate. She knew Ali had closed down and people were waiting on the street to get into Jennifers. I saw plenty of people eating at both places and I saw locals, and out of towners, clean out the buffet at Valentine's friday fish fry.
Would it really have mattered to you, Local IP, if the place had been completely redone before she tried to serve the public? Or would you have just complained that she took too long to get the job done and you didn't like the color of the wallpaper in the bathroom?
It's so hard to get any business to move into this town and when this one does all you can do is try to run it down.
Does your complaint have anything to do with the awful way the Valentine's have been treated by the Goulets?
I visited the restaurant when it was the Cook Shack and was so appalled by it's filthy condition, exposed pipes, wretched bathroom, dreadful food and poor service that I never set foot in the place again.
I am not a tourist or a new-comer bigot. I will watch and wait while this new business settles in, cleans up the foul mess left by the previous owners and presents itself when ready.
I will not, however, visit or buy anything from the Goulets after seeing the way they treat their neighbors.
If you had really checked with the Dept. of Health, you would have found when Valentine's took over, their first inspection was good. It was their next inspection where it had gone from good to bad. Absolutely nothing to do with the Cook Shack, they were out of it by then. I don't know what Cook Shack you went to, but it must not have been the same one that I went to. The Cook Shack was never that filthy and the food wasn't bad either. The bathroom was always clean too. You need to remember it was a Cook Shack not a fancy restaurant. Have you actually been to Valentines to eat or see what it is like? Believe me, I did give Valentines many chances and was never satisfied.
Cazy Coot

Wolcott, VT

#47 Nov 11, 2007
Top of the Day to you all ! Crazy Coots Back
Well I see things have been happening here.
The Goulets & Miller fans are losing .. Big time ! Had my bets on the people for change & its looking good ! Keep up the good work .. rooting for you all the way . This town is a mess & we all know why . People who are defending whats wrong , need to wake up & smell the coffee.
UWISH U NU

United States

#49 Nov 11, 2007
Watching wrote:
And by the way, DIMWISH, you've been asked twice to comment on the zoning violations at Brighton Chevrolet and there has been no response, just insults. We all know what you represent, no matter what your name is. You are attached to the ugly part of this town and when Delores is finished with her remodeling she will need the Goulet's place for a parking lot (no junk cars allowed!). Take a bath in your hypocrisy, but don't keep trying to pollute this town with your stinking bathwater.
I am not going to repeat myself, okay, just this once for your LookieLou Watching...

If Brighton Chev. has violations, they'd be shut down in a heart beat. Either from ANR or some other authority. They don't, so it doesn't happen. When it does, then you can claim you were right.

As for Delores enlarging her property anymore than it is, again I urge you to go up and find the survey map which shows the property lines. It is a vewy vewy small lot on that corner and barely any property at all.

I'm not going to explain the ins and outs of property development, the town plan, local zoning regs, or grandfathering in clauses. Pull yourself away from the keyboard and do some research instead of bellowing how wrong a conflicting - yet accurate - opinion of this situation is.

See, I started a little thread on a new business, and Ted is dragged into this subject and it turns into yet another town issue that some think is all about the Constable. He's got nothing to do with it.
real fed up

Lake Memphremagog, VT

#50 Nov 11, 2007
It's a damn shame that the people of this messed up little town have nothing better to do with their time than to criticize, ridicule, and humiliate famlies that are just trying to make a better place for you and me!! Why is it so difficult to give people a chance before making judgement on them. Instead of supporting your local business's and community, you actually get pleasure out of beating them down. The ignorant "Ponders" and entourage of "Goulet bashers" have done nothing but tear this family to pieces. SHAME ON YOU ALL!!! It's a wonder you can sleep at night!!
UWISH U NU

United States

#51 Nov 11, 2007
Let's review again. Topix. Your news, your town, your opinion....

A new business is news. My opinion is they are quickly wearing out their welcome by ignoring local laws and by converting public property - the park, the sidewalk - to their own, for their own personal use. I am also of the opinion that at this point the place looks like a dump on the outside.

Something good could come of this, one of their friends could enlighten them to the perception they are creating among the locals, who will be their life blood in the slow season. There is no pleasure in pointing all this out. It is very telling though that even though it is a completely different subject that it all keeps going back to the Constable.

The road to hell was paved with good intentions it is said. As was pointed out several posts back, this "young family" (not that young actually) may have good intentions, however their implementation of their business plan seems abrasive and not quite legal.

There are lessons that could be learned from the folks at KingCat and their time spent here. Too bad Valentines owner seems to be following in the same path as that peach as far as consideration for the community and customer relations.
real fed up

Lake Memphremagog, VT

#53 Nov 11, 2007
With all due respect "UWISH", I'd like to respond to your comments about the Valentines being out of sorts with permits etc., Dolores and Kevin Valentine ar NOT, I repeat NOT changing the so called "FOOTPRINT" of what used to be the old "Cook Shack'. They are simply CLEANING, refurbishing, and remodeling the inside of what used to be a very unsanitary establishment to eat in. Do you actuallly think all that dirt accumulated the day the Valentines took ownership? I have a News flash for you all, IT WAS THERE!!!! As far as the debris goes, well yes, that's what you get when you remodel. It is being taken care of on a daily basis, and in the long run will be cleaned up completely. It's no worse than the Goulet's crap piled up along the side street!! So don't even go there. The Goulet's have buried cars underground, but that's OK. They have camps on the lake that leak raw sewage into the Pond on Cottage Rd. because it is NOT PROPERLY contained with an updated septic system. But that's OK too. The list goes on and on, and they keep getting away with murder... I can honestly say that the "Goulets" have met their match, and quite frankly there are allot of people that can, and will stand up to the proclaimed "millionaire's" of Island Pond. Their days are numbered trying to bully the "Flatlanders" because they were not born in Island Pond with a silver spoon in their mouth!!

Quite frankly, I've come to feeling that Island Pond as a whole has been a great disappointment in many ways. I find it so disturbing and sad that the majority of the local population of this town have nothing better to do with their time than to scrutinize, ridicule, and humiliate families that just have GOOD INTENTIONS. You all crucified the new owners of Jennifer's a year ago. I'm sure all the "Ali follower's got great pleasure out of ridiculing Don and his family.. I'm just glad they had the back bone to get through it all.

Everyone has so much to say about the "rude, crazy, & whacky" women named Dolores. Let me ask you all this..If you were WELCOMED to this town, the way Dolores and her family were WELCOMED, you don't think you'd be a little crazy, and lash out at everyone because the townspeople had your back against the wall???? COME ON!!! I know you would all be on the defensive if you were treated the way this family has been!!

The "out of Stater's" work damn hard for their money, and have helped make this town flourish. We have all benefitted from the GOOD things they've brought with them, there is NO denying that!!

I would hope that as a community we all want to see thrive, you give the Valntines a chance to complete what it is they're doing, before we criticize and judge.

I personally cannot wait to patronize the Valentine's establishment when all is completed. I look forward to many good times, and will do whatever it takes to support Dolores and Kevin. Maybe you should all do the same. We wil finally have a place that we can eat at after 9PM!!
UWISH U NU

United States

#54 Nov 11, 2007
PervWatching wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame is right, Real Fed Up. It's a shame that this Valentine's site exists at all, you can thank UWISH U NU for that. It's a shame that the two brothers at Brighton Chevrolet have made it their mission to attack and abuse other businesses. Have you seen any other businesses bad-mouthed on this site? UWISH is on a malignantly single-minded crusade to wreck a new business simply because the new owner tells him to get out of her face when he struts up and down the property line.
UWISH stands in support of all that is truly wrong in Island Pond and that really is a shame. Miller IS involved in this as he likes to play henchman for people who believe the hate and lies UWISH spews.
If you vote here, Real Fed Up, then do the right thing and vote for a change. When you do the manure-flinging will ease off because there will be a whole lot less anger in this place.
I have no hatred. I tell no lies. Obviously PervWatching has his story and he's sticking with it. God forbid the true facts clutter his mind or decision making process.
PervWatching, you have no clue what I stand for, in fact I would venture to guess that you have esteem and honesty issues yourself which you are projecting. PervWatching, I wouldn't be surprised if you aren't even a registered voter. Look in the mirror, you are truly the face of what is wrong with the picture here. Nobody, including Goulet's, is on any mission here. The constable is not anyone's henchman. I take that back, because obviously there are some who are on a mission to propogate misinformation and negativity.

Time will tell and it will surely be interesting to see what happens with the upcoming election and also this new business.

Waste of time probably, there is no reasoning with the unreasonable. Yet the circle continues. Are we having fun yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Island Pond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dollar General (Feb '15) Sep '16 Someone 5
There was a time, not many years ago... (Mar '16) Jun '16 Esmerelda 6
East Burke Music Selection (Sep '12) Jun '16 Musikologist 12
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert Starr as State Senator? (Nov '15) Jan '16 Nekker2 2
News Refugee debate painful backdrop to naturalizati... (Nov '15) Nov '15 jonp 1
Remembering Ted Miller (Aug '11) Aug '15 Vance 48
News Former Island Pond church teacher gets time ser... (Sep '07) Apr '15 Cult hater 21

Island Pond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Island Pond Mortgages