Homeless man pleads guilty in slaying...

Homeless man pleads guilty in slaying of NYC painter

There are 18 comments on the The Associated Press story from May 7, 2007, titled Homeless man pleads guilty in slaying of NYC painter . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

A homeless man pleaded guilty on Monday to shooting and killing a painter in 2004 after workers asked him to remove his belongings beneath a Queens overpass.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

LOUIS

United States

#1 May 7, 2007
THE HOMELESS PERSON IN THIS INCIDENT IS A VICTIM AS WELL I BELEIVE, REASON BEING A PERSON WHO NEEDS HELP BADLY FROM ALL AREAS AND THE SYSTEM TAKES TOO LONG TO HELP AND DO WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO, THEY JUST GIVE UP IN LIFE GENERALY, THE CITY HAS PROGRAMS THAT ARE THERE TO HELP PEOPLE OUT THAT NEED IT, BUT THESE PEOPLE ARE STRESSED OUT IN APPLYING AND WAITING AND ANSWERING AND ASKING WHY IT IS TAKING SO LONG THAT THEY PREFER TO LIVE IN THE STREETS, EXPECIALLY DISABLED PEOPLE, WITH LIFE THREATENING ILLNESSES, THAT THE CITY SHOULD BE HELPING THEM OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE INSTEAD OF STRESSING THEM OUT.
THE QUESTION IS, ARE THE PROGRAMS REALLY DOING WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.
LOUIS

United States

#2 May 7, 2007
ONE THING I NOTICED IS THAT IF A CASEWORKER DOES NOT LIKE YOUR ANSWER, YOU CAN FORGET ABOUT THAT PERSON DOING WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO FOR YOU, THEY WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOUR APPLICATION GETS DENIED, BY NOT PUTTING THE FACTS ON IT OR JUST LEAVING OUT VITAL INFORMATION, THEN YOU HAVE TO GO TO FAIR HEARINGS AND SUCH, AND BY THE TIME SOMETHING IS DONE YOUR CONDITION HAS JUST BECOME WORSE FROM SUCH AN INCIDENT THAT THERE IS NO LONGER ANY HOPE FOR YOU, AND YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED.
I ONLY WISH THAT THERE WAS A WAY TO MAKE THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE TYPES OF EVENTS PAY THE SAME PRICE AS THE PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING THRU THESE TIMES FACING BECAUSE OF THEIR OUTRIGHT NEGLIGENCE
gaviglia

Loveland, OH

#6 Jun 6, 2007
ok
danielle gaviglia

Jamaica, NY

#7 Jun 19, 2007
glendale-ny wrote:
No one deserves to be killed..but please stop telling people what a wonderful person jimmy was.Him and his wife constantly fought. She apparently couldn't stand him when they lived together, that's why they were seperated and he was living with his girlfriend. Then he gets killed and she's the victim? The kids are the victims.
Did you live in the house? no, so you dont know what your talking about. This was my father, so i would appreciate if you would leave your comments to yourself.
danielle gaviglia

Jamaica, NY

#8 Jun 19, 2007
LOUIS wrote:
THE HOMELESS PERSON IN THIS INCIDENT IS A VICTIM AS WELL I BELEIVE, REASON BEING A PERSON WHO NEEDS HELP BADLY FROM ALL AREAS AND THE SYSTEM TAKES TOO LONG TO HELP AND DO WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO, THEY JUST GIVE UP IN LIFE GENERALY, THE CITY HAS PROGRAMS THAT ARE THERE TO HELP PEOPLE OUT THAT NEED IT, BUT THESE PEOPLE ARE STRESSED OUT IN APPLYING AND WAITING AND ANSWERING AND ASKING WHY IT IS TAKING SO LONG THAT THEY PREFER TO LIVE IN THE STREETS, EXPECIALLY DISABLED PEOPLE, WITH LIFE THREATENING ILLNESSES, THAT THE CITY SHOULD BE HELPING THEM OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE INSTEAD OF STRESSING THEM OUT.
THE QUESTION IS, ARE THE PROGRAMS REALLY DOING WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.
you dont know what your talking about either. No one has the right to kill another.
theresa gaviglia

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jun 26, 2007
the comment that was wrote about me not being the victims are you that brainless and stupid you must have no education or balls smuck who do yiu think is raising these children with not help from anyone so get balls and post youre name you have no idea what youre talking about i did not hate my husband
theresa gaviglia

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jun 26, 2007
glendale-ny wrote:
No one deserves to be killed..but please stop telling people what a wonderful person jimmy was.Him and his wife constantly fought. She apparently couldn't stand him when they lived together, that's why they were seperated and he was living with his girlfriend. Then he gets killed and she's the victim? The kids are the victims.
you are brainless
theresa gaviglia

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jul 17, 2011
before you write coments that you know nothing about post who you are no family wow lets see my parents are always at my house steve barrucci was a honest man dontthink so he paid no child support yes mrs barrucci seen danielle up until she had health issues wht father gives up his rightd none and lol coke was it regualr or dirt wow as far as im concerned danille lives home and neber reunited with her father because hes a pieces of crap so before u post something joann know the facts. really wanna get dirty about jimmys family my kids know what disfuntion is thats jiimmys side and if freddy wrote this too nice try my kids know what they have and who did them all dirty
game

Walden, NY

#17 Jul 21, 2011
Theresa you better be very careful about what you say about the Gaviglia family! your very close to getting what's comming to you..the truth is out there on paper with your singenture and in time justice will come to ur door steep keep that on mind. so untial them time to play the game!
theresa gaviglia

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Aug 21, 2011
doesnt matter to me freddy lets role lets the order of protection come out read before u write why was his sister not speaking to jimmy ask her
TOMMY

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Apr 16, 2012
I KNEW JIMMY FROM ALL THE BARS IN GLENDALE AND MIDDLE VILLAGE HE WAS NOTHING BUT A BIG FAT LOW LIFE DRUG DEALER AND A BULLY AND WANNABE HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED I LAUGH MY BALLS OFF WHEN I FOUND OUT 2 MONTHS LATER I BANGED HIS GIRLFRIEND SUCH A WHORE
tommy

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Apr 16, 2012
i was hanging out in fordes tavern one afternoon and jimmy started an argument with 3 guy from ridgewood and they kicked the crap out of him it was so funny 20 people in the bar and not 1 person took his back he was pissed
jimmies mother

Bronx, NY

#22 Feb 28, 2013
to my granddaughters if you want the othersider of the story come see me i would love to see you.
jimmys mother

Freehold, NJ

#24 Mar 12, 2013
you think you new jimmie,well all of you did,nt know him at all he tried to be a good husband and farther,we all do things were ashamed of, people who live in glass houses should,nt throw stones so if you have some more to say come to me in person don,nt hide behind a computer,
paulie walnuts

New York, NY

#25 Apr 6, 2013
Jimmy G. was bangin coopers ale house bartender brian mocks sluty wife thats why theresa threw the
cheater out!!!!
paulie walnuts

New York, NY

#26 Apr 6, 2013
Your son Jimmy G. was no Padre Pio moms the truth hurts !
gaviglia girls

Worcester, MA

#27 Jan 2, 2014
jimmys mother wrote:
you think you new jimmie,well all of you did,nt know him at all he tried to be a good husband and farther,we all do things were ashamed of, people who live in glass houses should,nt throw stones so if you have some more to say come to me in person don,nt hide behind a computer,
no marie we dont want to see you you are a thief you akways fought with my father I always new the truth we want nothing to do with you. after what u pulled at the funneral and whaT YOU DID TO MY MOM , we want nothing to do too u go see marybeths kids you piece of shit
paulie walnuts

New York, NY

#29 Apr 13, 2014
Wow Marie u went ag, the mother of your grand daughters ??

No wonder those girls rebuke u !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Island Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alpha Sigma Phi (Mar '09) 14 hr Jimmy Da Goon 565
Associated Food Store on Tulip Ave. (Jan '15) Jun 26 RoseS 7
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square (Jun '15) Jun 24 Prettysmile 25
News N.Y. legislature fails to reach deal for Child ... Jun 18 politics as usual 1
News New York's $325 million gamble on ferry service Jun 18 lavon affair 2
Long Beach and tickets on boardwalk for DOG! (Apr '10) Jun 18 GodbeasT 50
Old Freeport Hospital (Oct '14) Jun 16 Freeport historical 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Island Park Mortgages