Marion County suspect dies during jail booking

Full story: The Orlando Sentinel

State investigators are looking into why a 24-year-old man died this morning as he was being booked into the Marion County Jail for trying to flee from deputies.
Comments
1 - 20 of 90 Comments Last updated Feb 20, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
reddick

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2006

Judged:

Marion County sheriff beat him and caused his death.
jamie

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2006

Judged:

marion county sheriff could of delt with the situation better than they did. This case needs to be looked at in more details.
As for his family I hope they sue.
ocala

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2006

Judged:

the deputy did handle this properly. All will be told when the toxicology report is done.
concerned

Freehold, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2006

Judged:

No one knows what really happened but the officers and the now deceased defendant. The question is one of trust and those in that position how do we assure the public that trust is indeed worthy. This extremely horrific incident should cause much needed assessment of how these positions handle the trust we have given them. How do we better manage monitoring these officers and how do we better assess the damage when they violate their "trust"?
thataboy

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2007

Judged:

quit running ur gums and making accusations. you do not know crap about the situation other than maybe rumors. mind your business!
Former Citizen of Ocala

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2007

Judged:

Please, the cops in ocala are corrupt enough to let Bad Doctors off of charges in order to avoid the county hospital from being sued. This makes them capable of anything.
does ocala even have an independent "internal affairs" department or does the fox patrol the hen house?
Jake Henne

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Judged:

i live in ocala for 35 yrs n still do this is the 4th time in 12 monthsits the price of being in ocala the cops r always right so they say
oh well

Hortense, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2007

Judged:

Suxs to be the dead guy. I bet he got what he wanted.
ull never no

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

don't ever get fight with your family,thay autyomatically take your children.
trina

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

Judged:

ocala wrote:
the deputy did handle this properly. All will be told when the toxicology report is done.
well just see about that , the fed is now looking into this prison
X MARINE

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2008

Judged:

I HAVE WORKED FOR THE SHERIFF DEPT AND DOING MY CAREER I HAD SEEN INMATES GET ABUSED AND THE BAD OFFICERS THAT WORK FOR THE DEPARTMENT THEY KEEP AND THE ONES THAT DO THERE JOB AND TRY TO TREAT INMATES WITH RESPECT GET FIRED,AND THAT THE TRUTH.
JEFF

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

Judged:

THE Truth is marion county is so corrupt the sheriffs dept is all corrupt bussiness the marion county court house also i have been in the marion county jail this place is cruel and unhuman the rich people here make the rules but the rules do not apply to them practioneers quacks trying to be doctors this county needs more lawsuits and prison time for crooked cops and judges lock them up and weld the door shut
Gladiator

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

Judged:

An impending lawsuit could cause the fed's to bring in their own csi's to reconstruct the crime.
Because there's usually no loyalty to a small town's sheriff's department there, you might even get some objectivity and an honest determination.
obie

Webster, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

Judged:

I trying to find out if there exists some type of committee dedicated to improving conditions at the Marion County Jail. If not I would like to look into starting one.
Just another sean bell

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

Judged:

another innocent man dead thanks to the brilliant work of our trusted law enforcement officers. the only thing the toxicology will reveal is that the police are full of shit. They will probably find trace amounts of some type of drug and chalk it up to an overdose but the actuality is cops are corrupt. they beat, torture, and illegally arrest and search people. On top of all that they get away with it. but hey at the end of the day they are the most hated people on the face of the planet. nothing is lower than a cop. im sure there will be a lot of people at their funerals to spit all over them before they get buried. so in the end we win
American

Richmond Hill, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

Wow rosie you changed your name?
Well as you spread BS about things you know nothing about.
Next time your dumb self needs help call a crack-head or dope smoking freak, or your Mom their is no difference. And see if the under class boneheads can or will come to help your dumb-as-s.
Now get ready for your job at the fastfood joint.
King of the frys!
Just another sean bell wrote:
another innocent man dead thanks to the brilliant work of our trusted law enforcement officers. the only thing the toxicology will reveal is that the police are full of shit. They will probably find trace amounts of some type of drug and chalk it up to an overdose but the actuality is cops are corrupt. they beat, torture, and illegally arrest and search people. On top of all that they get away with it. but hey at the end of the day they are the most hated people on the face of the planet. nothing is lower than a cop. im sure there will be a lot of people at their funerals to spit all over them before they get buried. so in the end we win
truth

New Orleans, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Judged:

the fbi needs to go down there and stop good old boy redneck law of marion county the corrupt like they did in old miss .stop marion county law and be areal american!!!!!!
Jetea

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

Judged:

This is a prime example of the corruption of the Sheriff's all together. They are a disgusting bunch of losers. They are the worst kind of human beings, or I should say that most of them that I have met any way. These "Deputies" are dirty.
sam

New Orleans, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

his not the first and not the last!
nick

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

Judged:

reddick wrote:
Marion County sheriff beat him and caused his death.
i was in that jail and they do some sick sh*t to people and get away with it somthing needs to change i ended up being innocent but was treated like an animal for 6 months spit on pepper sprayed beat up and lost 50 pnds cause they put me on a diabetic diet and im not fu^^ing diabetic , its sick

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Island Park Discussions

Search the Island Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Adam Wolff 6,374
Island near Buffalo overrun by hundreds of cats Thu Cat got your tongue 3
Review: Cycle Concepts Of New York Thu Stanley East Meadow 1
New York Asian Population Growing (Apr '12) Jul 30 winnie wu 24
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Jul 29 Gravity Pete 670
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 28 cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Jul 28 sdd 755
•••
•••

Island Park News Video

•••
•••

Island Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Island Park People Search