Long Beach teen arrested for robbery ...

Long Beach teen arrested for robbery after stealing $2

There are 45 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 28, 2008, titled Long Beach teen arrested for robbery after stealing $2. In it, Newsday reports that:

Nassau police arrested a 16-year-old Long Beach resident for robbery and drug possession after he allegedly stole $2 in an Island Park hold-up. William Cavanagh, of Shore Road, robbed the victim at knife point ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mr Rogers

Port Washington, NY

#52 Jan 11, 2009
"William " is the victim here? Why was he carrying a hunting Knife? Show and tell? The incident is the fault of the Island Park "Dirt Bags"? Kids have been hanging out at that location for years without serious problems until this summer.This summer we had dozens of kids from Long Beach riding their bikes over and then came the older kids in their cars from LOng Beach speeding up and down the road. Don't be so quick to label a group of kids when YOU really don't know anything except what you have been told. I have been living with this Long Beach invasion and the IP punks since last spring and think they all need a lesson in self responsibility as do their parents. Lets not make excuses for a little bit of weed and some pills -it is illegal. Lets be grateful no one was hurt with his grandpa's hunting knife. Enough excises for horrible behavior.
Mr Rogers

Port Washington, NY

#53 Jan 11, 2009
EXcuses-- not exises.
clamdigger2

Port Washington, NY

#54 Jan 11, 2009
My grandfather left me a shotgun. I never took it out with me and robbed anyone with it. I don't care how he got the knife. He still gets no sympathy even if it came from his grandfather. What does that mean anyway? Is it now some kind of a birth right to use his grandfathers knife for robberies?
What it was used for is the relevant issue. Carrying and using - yes using - a deadly weapon (a hunting knife,a gun,a baseball bat) in the process of committing a crime is relevant. The fact that he only got 2 bucks makes him just another dumb criminal, just as dumb as the bankrobber who signed his name to the note and passed it to the teller. Laws are written to protect all of us especially our children. Its called armed robbery in this case.
Once again, I'm reading excuses for the actions of a criminal. Put the blame where it belongs. It belongs squarely on the shoulders of this kid. He's 16 and old enough to know the difference between right and wrong. He committed a criminal offence and now has to answer for his actions. Stop with the excuses and stop blaming his parents, society, other kids and the cops. We should be thankful he was caught. Perhaps he will learn a lesson before its too late. If gone unchecked the next time may be too late. No parent wants to go their childs funeral.

“say what you mean...”

Since: Nov 07

and mean what you say.

#56 Jan 12, 2009
Mr Rogers wrote:
"William " is the victim here? Why was he carrying a hunting Knife? Show and tell? The incident is the fault of the Island Park "Dirt Bags"? Kids have been hanging out at that location for years without serious problems until this summer.This summer we had dozens of kids from Long Beach riding their bikes over and then came the older kids in their cars from LOng Beach speeding up and down the road. Don't be so quick to label a group of kids when YOU really don't know anything except what you have been told. I have been living with this Long Beach invasion and the IP punks since last spring and think they all need a lesson in self responsibility as do their parents. Lets not make excuses for a little bit of weed and some pills -it is illegal. Lets be grateful no one was hurt with his grandpa's hunting knife. Enough excises for horrible behavior.
i can't believe the amount of kids that are out at night, roaming the streets. what are these parents thinking???
Melanie

AOL

#57 Jan 12, 2009
Oh boy talk about missing the point. FACT is, he never pulled the knife out. FACT is the person or persons who said he pulled the knife on them first told the cops he had a gun and the reason the cops were even there was because there was a brawl in the bar on the corner and he had gone in to use the phone and when he ran out the kids yelled he had a gun. FACT is those same "victims" are now suddenly not available to follow through on pressing charges. Afraid of perjury maybe??? And thank you Truth by JD I see you know the story. And it just so happens I'm not making excuses, obviously if he had weed and pills on him he's not totally innocent and I worry about him and the knucklehead choices he makes but he IS NOT violent or an armed robber. Would it make you laugh to know that one of his punk friends mother works for Children's Protective Services yet doesn't have a clue what her own child is up to. And last but not least he is still in jail so he will be paying his debt to society and hopefully he will wise up and stop running with these so called friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Island Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Sun yuanyilin 61
News Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) Sun Starling An 47
News Arrest in bank robbery string (Apr '14) Jul 19 sussie 5
News 'Sick' Anthony Weiner Weeps While Pleading Guil... Jul 15 Blacks attack on ... 31
A harlots value's Jul 12 Rayleslie 1
News Long Island wife Kelly Forbes charged with stra... (Dec '07) Jul 12 Rayleslie 91
News New Canadian law good news for NY boaters, angl... Jun '17 Dale 2

Island Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Island Park Mortgages