Long Beach teen arrested for robbery ...

Long Beach teen arrested for robbery after stealing $2

There are 45 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 28, 2008, titled Long Beach teen arrested for robbery after stealing $2. In it, Newsday reports that:

Nassau police arrested a 16-year-old Long Beach resident for robbery and drug possession after he allegedly stole $2 in an Island Park hold-up. William Cavanagh, of Shore Road, robbed the victim at knife point ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
liner

Bronx, NY

#1 Dec 28, 2008
Love what passes for "THE LATEST NEWS" at Newsday these days. A $2 robbery! No wonder they're going out of business.
Sol W

Englishtown, NJ

#2 Dec 28, 2008
City By The Sea....well represented once again.
Newsday ripoff

AOL

#4 Dec 28, 2008
yes maybe he needed the 2.00 dollars to buy the sunday newsday paper which is now $2.00,what a rip off newsday,I will read the news online.thank you
Col Gary

Cape Coral, FL

#6 Dec 28, 2008
Not bad, $2.00 will get him room and board for 20 or so years plus free rectal exams daily...Good going stupit...
Mr Rogers

Port Washington, NY

#7 Dec 28, 2008
The point is that a 16 year old felt the need to rob someone with a knife. Wether it was for $2 or $200 it is robbery with a knife. What if he had stabbed the victim The gangsta mentality prevails- I want it so I will take it no matter what it is Do you think this is the first time this kid has done something like this? Unfortunately he will get a slap on the wrist and high fives from his friends and his family will claim he is an honor student who has never done anything wrong in his life.. The 16 year old will continue down thw slippery slope unless someone straightens him out.
Newsday is a liberal rip-off paper but items like this do need to be reported but this type of crime is just the tip of the iceberg.
Sensible One

White Plains, NY

#9 Dec 28, 2008
Sixteen huh? Great future ahead of him. Polish up his cell.Did any of us even think of Xanex at 16? I drank maybe 6 beers by 16 and that was it.
funnyman

Fairfield, CT

#10 Dec 28, 2008
$2? If that was the case all he had to do is collect some bottles and cans to get that.
James

Farmingville, NY

#13 Dec 28, 2008
"I want my two dollars!" -deranged paper boy in Better Off Dead
stupid

Valley Stream, NY

#14 Dec 28, 2008
Darwinism at is best.

Since: Oct 08

Long Island

#16 Dec 28, 2008
That aint kosher.
Hmm

Bronx, NY

#17 Dec 28, 2008
What does the $2 have to do with anything? He didn't know how much money the victim had when he pointed a knife at him, it could have been 2 cents it could have been $2,000, that doesn't make it any more or less serious.
interesting

Jamaica, NY

#18 Dec 28, 2008
James wrote:
"I want my two dollars!" -deranged paper boy in Better Off Dead
LOL that is exactly what went through my head....
Jerry Lotto

Baldwin, NY

#19 Dec 28, 2008
Col Gary wrote:
Not bad,$2.00 will get him room and board for 20 or so years plus free rectal exams daily...Good going stupit...
This kid wont spend one day in jail
Leroy Thompson

Jackson, NJ

#20 Dec 28, 2008
The dude was white? You mean to say
white folks commit crimes? Wow.
I did not know that. What an eye
opener.
William

Bronx, NY

#21 Dec 28, 2008
I thought they suppressed the names of minors.
Misguided Youth

Shoreham, NY

#22 Dec 28, 2008
If Cavanagh had gotten some proper guidance, he could have worked a Madoff Scheme, netted a lot more than $2 and would only get a slap on the wrist when caught. Our schools are failing our youth.
formerLIer

Greenwood, ME

#23 Dec 28, 2008
Wow, Long Island is just becoming the most desirable place to live. So glad I left. What's next? It's a shame. When I was young it was the best place around. Now it's just a sewer. Get out while you still can. It's sickening.
din

Ocean Springs, MS

#26 Dec 28, 2008
Bet he does more time than if he stole fifty billion.
HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD

Chapel Hill, NC

#27 Dec 28, 2008
I agree 100% with you. It's becoming the Newark of New Jersey, the El Paso of Texas, the slums of New York.

Plus, we unloaded the house before their true worth became known.

Smart move we both made! Maine is so nice, just too cold for me!
formerLIer wrote:
Wow, Long Island is just becoming the most desirable place to live. So glad I left. What's next? It's a shame. When I was young it was the best place around. Now it's just a sewer. Get out while you still can. It's sickening.

Since: Oct 08

Long Island

#28 Dec 28, 2008
din wrote:
Bet he does more time than if he stole fifty billion.
Yea, like the kosher boys father.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Island Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alpha Sigma Phi (Mar '09) Mon Jimmy Da Goon 561
News Renewed calls for justice at funeral for man fa... May 1 Hasaun A Lee 2
News Franklin Square sex extortionist gets 4-8 years (Feb '08) Apr 29 Obi-1981 37
Experience The Me Nobody Knows at Adelphi Unive... Apr 26 Adelphi University 1
81 is more then just Sex offenders and child po... (Apr '13) Apr 26 Gene Pool 3
moving to freeport (Mar '06) Apr 25 Andres 52
News Long Beach, Island Park win federal grants for ... Apr 16 Tom M 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Island Park Mortgages