Bellmore motorcyclist killed in accid...

Bellmore motorcyclist killed in accident -

There are 73 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 13, 2007, titled Bellmore motorcyclist killed in accident -. In it, Newsday reports that:

A motorcyclist was fatally injured in an accident Wednesday night when his 2002 Yamaha bike struck a parked car in Bellmore, the Nassau police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Darwin

Colchester, CT

#26 Sep 13, 2007
iridesportbikes wrote:
I ride my sportbike basically everyday. It's just like guns. They are safe if you know how to handle them and take your time and don't act crazy. I have plenty friends who are trying to do 'wheelies' the first day they got there bikes and already have crashed repeatedly. It's not sportbikes that cause the accident it's the rider! And this is coming from a rider.
We have to discount your comments by the statistical likelihood that you will soon be joining Mr. Goner if you keep riding motorcycles. Take up a safer hobby, like skydiving.
June

Sea Cliff, NY

#27 Sep 13, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what I was thinking when I read this same article yesterday? Motorcycles don't kill people, people kill people. It's the way these idiot drivers operate them. Just this past weekend, my husband and I were driving on the Belt Parkway, and five or six of them came speeding up from behind and cut us off. By the time the last two cut in front of us, they were literally driving between us and the car next to us in the other lane!!! And the first one barely missed a car that was pulling in front of us at the same time! It was just utterly ridiculous. And God forbid anyone even mentions the fact that their behavior is just purely rude and selfish to begin with. Their attitude is "you first, right after me!"
You are so right. My husband is a city cop and has seen quite a few heads, yes heads, strew across the Belt from idiots that ride those "crotch rockets" recklessly. I mean, how can you hit a parked car if you are driving safely? I hate those things. They think they own the road and can speed away from the cops. THEY should be banned. You never hear of a Harley rider doing that.
haha

Jackson, NJ

#28 Sep 13, 2007
sick of negativity wrote:
I am so glad I don't live in NY anymore. I now understand when people that don't live in NY say negative things about NYers. It is people like you that give the rest of us a bad name.
if the isp address is correct you live in Scottsdale, AZ...

i went to ASU ...the school was great but the whole valley/ metro phx area sucked

NY better yet LI beats the entire state of AZ anytime and anyday

still, if you dont live in AZ it doesnt matter bc nothing beats the metro NY/ LI region
lol

Lumberton, MS

#29 Sep 13, 2007
East Meadow Girl wrote:
Nope this isn't him either.
You stink!!
Pinhead Award Team

Brooklyn, NY

#30 Sep 13, 2007
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I feel for all people who die when they shouldn't have to, as well as their families.
However, I find it hard to care for the individuals who refuse to stop doing things that are proven will cause death eventually:
1)smoking
2)driving while impaired
3)riding a motorcycle
4)the obese who continue to stuff themselves
You "realist" need to get real.

By equating the operation of a motorcycle to drunk driving, food or substance abuse is something only a idiot is capable of.

And...being the insensitive idiot that you apparently are... I suppose I would be wasting my time explaining why such a comparison is utterly foolish. Nevertheless, given that so many things in life come with some degree of risk involved, I suggest that you stay as absolutely safe as possible - and refrain from using any form of motorized transport...given the risk of the highway fatalities that occur around us everyday.

After all, if anything was to happen to you we'd have to resume our long and arduous search for your successor to the PINHEAD AWARD.
Look at the toughguys

Shoreham, NY

#32 Sep 13, 2007
East Meadow Girl wrote:
Nope this isn't him either.
Forget about it honey he aint dying this way...Pagans cant afford bikes...they are bikeless bikers driving around in cars..

NOW STAY OFF THE BOSSES COMPUTER AND GET BACK UP ON THE POLE AND DANCE!!
Keith Of Chesapeake Va

Rescue, VA

#33 Sep 13, 2007
LI is a demolition derby wrote:
Louis has to change his last name from Groner to Goner.
Ok, everyone has been slamming this and well a person IS dead but....this is funny as crap!
Chris

Brooklyn, NY

#34 Sep 13, 2007
Keith Of Chesapeake Va wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, everyone has been slamming this and well a person IS dead but....this is funny as crap!
what the hell is funny about a person being dead seriously u are all freaking disgusting stupid stupid people. FU all u are sick!!!
B Real

Manorville, NY

#35 Sep 13, 2007
Bikes are death warrants on Long Island. Too much everything around here.
Ugh

Westbury, NY

#36 Sep 13, 2007
Let me guess, the motorcyclist was minding his own business when the parked car crossed his path? It's NEVER the fault of the motor cycle driver when it comes to a collision with a car.
Sympathy for cuz

Green Valley, AZ

#38 Sep 13, 2007
You know what, this is my cousin's father, and if you are a calling his father a loser you are basically calling my family a loser. I think you should keep your comments to yourself. Hasn't anyone ever told you, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all? I have sympathy for my cuz and please stop saying mean things.

(this is coming from an 11 year old boy with sympathy for his loving cuz)

“Back & Better Than Ever”

Since: Dec 06

East Meadow, New York

#39 Sep 13, 2007
Sympathy for cuz wrote:
You know what, this is my cousin's father, and if you are a calling his father a loser you are basically calling my family a loser. I think you should keep your comments to yourself. Hasn't anyone ever told you, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all? I have sympathy for my cuz and please stop saying mean things.
(this is coming from an 11 year old boy with sympathy for his loving cuz)
No one is calling your cousins dad a loser. On Long Island we read a new story everyday about another death from a motorcycle. It makes you wonder why people still choose to ride them. But I guess it's like cigarettes, people know it's going to kill them yet they still smoke.
sympathy for cuz

Green Valley, AZ

#40 Sep 13, 2007
East Meadow Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is calling your cousins dad a loser. On Long Island we read a new story everyday about another death from a motorcycle. It makes you wonder why people still choose to ride them. But I guess it's like cigarettes, people know it's going to kill them yet they still smoke.
My 11 year old son wrote this and it breaks my heart that he has to read crap like this. As crazy as smoking, alcoholism & Yes the rush riding a motorcycle can give can all be considered addictions.My nephew is supposed to get married in 2 weeks & dad is not around. Dads fault? What does fault matter when one is dead. All I know is my 11 year old lost his father at the precious age of three months old, and now his cousin loses his dad and all of the rotten people are poisoning his heart. If you can't say RIP do the family do us all a favor & say nothing. Besides my nephew, Lou left behind 3 small children that don't need all this negativity either.Com e on people have a heart, if you all are perfect, like the Bible Say, gladly throw the 1st stone, but if anyone of you have made but ONE mistake you have no right.

Dear heavenly father!!!I pray that you are with Lou Groner's family tonight. Comfort them and be there with them. Lord as we prepare for the wedding of Lou's oldest child, I beg and pray that you give us all comfort in knowing that through you Lord we can do all things. Not through negativity, not even through positive words,but through you and your son, we can get through anything!!! I thank you Lord for lovin me, and my family and being there for us, ESPECIALLY through this most difficult time your time Lord, not ours.
We love you and we praise you in your son's precious, precious name

AMEN!!

“Back & Better Than Ever”

Since: Dec 06

East Meadow, New York

#41 Sep 14, 2007
sympathy for cuz wrote:
<quoted text>
My 11 year old son wrote this and it breaks my heart that he has to read crap like this. As crazy as smoking, alcoholism & Yes the rush riding a motorcycle can give can all be considered addictions.My nephew is supposed to get married in 2 weeks & dad is not around. Dads fault? What does fault matter when one is dead. All I know is my 11 year old lost his father at the precious age of three months old, and now his cousin loses his dad and all of the rotten people are poisoning his heart. If you can't say RIP do the family do us all a favor & say nothing. Besides my nephew, Lou left behind 3 small children that don't need all this negativity either.Com e on people have a heart, if you all are perfect, like the Bible Say, gladly throw the 1st stone, but if anyone of you have made but ONE mistake you have no right.
Dear heavenly father!!!I pray that you are with Lou Groner's family tonight. Comfort them and be there with them. Lord as we prepare for the wedding of Lou's oldest child, I beg and pray that you give us all comfort in knowing that through you Lord we can do all things. Not through negativity, not even through positive words,but through you and your son, we can get through anything!!! I thank you Lord for lovin me, and my family and being there for us, ESPECIALLY through this most difficult time your time Lord, not ours.
We love you and we praise you in your son's precious, precious name
AMEN!!
I don't really have a response for this because I agree with you. However Long Island is not the "open road" it used to be. It's very congested and really no place for motorcycles (safely) to ride.

Sorry for your loss.

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#42 Sep 14, 2007
East Meadow Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really have a response for this because I agree with you. However Long Island is not the "open road" it used to be. It's very congested and really no place for motorcycles (safely) to ride.
Sorry for your loss.
That picture of yours just brightens my day......and Doc's too !!!
east meadow

Patchogue, NY

#43 Sep 14, 2007
LI is a demolition derby wrote:
Louis has to change his last name from Groner to Goner.
that is a horrile thing to write this man has left behind a wife and young children , did you ever think that a family member may read this!!!
Lisa

Patchogue, NY

#44 Sep 14, 2007
My child is a classmate of one of Louis' children and i think it is a shame the things you people are posting. How about giving your condolences and praying for this family that has lost someone.
The father that will miss all the things life and his children have to offer and the wife that will have to go to sleep alone everynight and set the dinner table for 1 less person.
Try having some sympathy.
Kevin

Brooklyn, NY

#45 Sep 14, 2007
Lou was a very close friend. I saw him at my house only a few days before he died. My wife and I will miss him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. He was honest, friendly and a good father. Rest in peace louis. We love you!
John

Old Westbury, NY

#46 Sep 14, 2007
Lou was a talented craftsman loving husband and father, and a good friend. I will be attending his services on Sunday. RIP Lou!!
Any gutless ass@#le want to meet and tell me how stupid he was?? Or are you gonna hide and bash him from your keyboard? My email address is [email protected] Or call me at and we can set up a "meeting"
BTW, he was not riding a crotch rocket.
tonrey11

Howard Beach, NY

#47 Sep 14, 2007
Darwin wrote:
This is good for the gene pool and natural selection. Hopefully the rider did not procreate already.
Actually, he leaves behind a wife, and 3 beautiful kids , you stupid moron!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Island Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alpha Sigma Phi (Mar '09) Tue Jimmy Da Goon 565
Associated Food Store on Tulip Ave. (Jan '15) Jun 26 RoseS 7
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square (Jun '15) Jun 24 Prettysmile 25
News N.Y. legislature fails to reach deal for Child ... Jun 18 politics as usual 1
News New York's $325 million gamble on ferry service Jun 18 lavon affair 2
Long Beach and tickets on boardwalk for DOG! (Apr '10) Jun 18 GodbeasT 50
Old Freeport Hospital (Oct '14) Jun 16 Freeport historical 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Island Park Mortgages