Bellmore motorcyclist killed in accident -

Full story: Newsday 72
A motorcyclist was fatally injured in an accident Wednesday night when his 2002 Yamaha bike struck a parked car in Bellmore, the Nassau police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
thogy

New York, NY

#1 Sep 13, 2007
I know motorcycle drivers have a mental defect that allows them to ignore the fact that Long Island roads are not the place to be riding a motorcycle, but how can a person be so stupid to climb on the back of one for a ride?

Once again, Newsday tells about another fatal motorcycle accident, we all know the penalty for being stupid and driving a motorcycle is loss of life, now we know the penalty for being stupid and being a passenger on one is broken bones.

This lady should consider herself lucky to be alive after exercising very poor judgement.
Tinker

Burnt Hills, NY

#2 Sep 13, 2007
Wow...she skated by with only a few broken bones.

Massive trauma for Groner? Probably had to hose him out of the Ford...

“Back & Better Than Ever”

Since: Dec 06

East Meadow, New York

#3 Sep 13, 2007
Nope this isn't him either.
Stuart

New Rochelle, NY

#4 Sep 13, 2007
They should have read this article before going for a ride:

http://www.newsday.com/business/autocorner/ny...
Evil Knievel

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Sep 13, 2007
A ride to death, seems like everyday is the same news. No matter how good of a rider you are, riding constantly worrying about others than can't drive is just not fun, it's stressful, people running red lights killing motorcylists and just getting a ticket, sad.
Keith Of Chesapeake Va

Newport News, VA

#6 Sep 13, 2007
ANOTHER bike accident on Long Island.
This is like 1-2 a month!
The beautiful thing about cars is seatbelts saves lives in horrific crashes.
A good friend of mine was in a multiple car wreck. All the cars were destroyed and EVERY ONE walked away.
Hugh G Rection

New York, NY

#7 Sep 13, 2007
21 motorcycle deaths counting this one since January 1 of this year which is roughly one every 12 days, so the above estimate of 1-2 a month is accurate.

I would think there is a finite number of people willing to give up their lives riding these death-mobiles?
Disgusted

New York, NY

#9 Sep 13, 2007
Stuart wrote:
They should have read this article before going for a ride:
http://www.newsday.com/business/autocorner/ny...
Do you know what I was thinking when I read this same article yesterday? Motorcycles don't kill people, people kill people. It's the way these idiot drivers operate them. Just this past weekend, my husband and I were driving on the Belt Parkway, and five or six of them came speeding up from behind and cut us off. By the time the last two cut in front of us, they were literally driving between us and the car next to us in the other lane!!! And the first one barely missed a car that was pulling in front of us at the same time! It was just utterly ridiculous. And God forbid anyone even mentions the fact that their behavior is just purely rude and selfish to begin with. Their attitude is "you first, right after me!"
Nexus

Mohegan Lake, NY

#11 Sep 13, 2007
There are only 2 types of motorcycle riders, those who have gone down and those who are about to.
Bart Simpson

Mineola, NY

#12 Sep 13, 2007
LI is a demolition derby wrote:
Louis has to change his last name from Groner to Goner.
LMFAO
Chief

Ronkonkoma, NY

#14 Sep 13, 2007
Motorcycles dont kill people. Its the stuff they crash into that kills people.
iridesportbikes

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Sep 13, 2007
I ride my sportbike basically everyday. It's just like guns. They are safe if you know how to handle them and take your time and don't act crazy. I have plenty friends who are trying to do 'wheelies' the first day they got there bikes and already have crashed repeatedly. It's not sportbikes that cause the accident it's the rider! And this is coming from a rider.
sick of negativity

Houston, TX

#16 Sep 13, 2007
You know people. Have a heart. That was my nephew's father. Instead of thinking and saying nasty things how about having compassion for the people left behind. I am so glad I don't live in NY anymore. I now understand when people that don't live in NY say negative things about NYers. It is people like you that give the rest of us a bad name.
Louis Groner, RIP
jjj

Seaford, NY

#17 Sep 13, 2007
grow up
Realist

New York, NY

#19 Sep 13, 2007
sick of negativity wrote:
You know people. Have a heart. That was my nephew's father. Instead of thinking and saying nasty things how about having compassion for the people left behind. I am so glad I don't live in NY anymore. I now understand when people that don't live in NY say negative things about NYers. It is people like you that give the rest of us a bad name.
Louis Groner, RIP
Hey, I feel for all people who die when they shouldn't have to, as well as their families.

However, I find it hard to care for the individuals who refuse to stop doing things that are proven will cause death eventually:

1)smoking
2)driving while impaired
3)riding a motorcycle
4)the obese who continue to stuff themselves
Winners

Jericho, NY

#20 Sep 13, 2007
Does anyone else hear Queen's song "Another One Bites The Dust" playing in their head when they read this repetitive headline?
Kathy

New York, NY

#21 Sep 13, 2007
Todd Schuster wrote:
NO TIME FOR GAGS & PUNS FOLKS. THIS IS SOMEONE'S NEPHEW, FATHER, SON WHATEVER. I'M NOT A FAN OF MOTORBIKES MYSELF, BUT STILL THIS IS A HUMAN BEING WHO IS GONE FOREVER. REST IN PEACE LOUIS GRONER & MAY GOD BE AT YOU & YOUR FAMILY'S SIDE FOREVER. PRAYERS FOR THE YOUNG LADY'S RECOVERY.
Amen...my thoughts and prayers are with the family, first and foremost. Perhaps if another motorcyclist reading this takes it easy today Louis will not have died in vain.
disgusted

Norwalk, CT

#22 Sep 13, 2007
You guys are a__holes! The poor guy is dead! You think your children would like to read this about their dead father? Jer_offs!
Chris

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Sep 13, 2007
You are disgusting!!! How could u say that about somebody who has passed away????? Karma is a bitch and u better be carefull about what u say people like u make me sick to my stomach
Chris

Brooklyn, NY

#25 Sep 13, 2007
to all of those who are writing bad comments you need to take a second and think. what would u do if this was someone in your family???? it is very distrubing that so many people are so disgusting in what they have to say. i truly feel sorry for you. if u hear another one bites the dust in your head when u read the headline then u need to seek help. think about the family that is left behind now. u have truly never expeierenced a trauma in your life. you make me sick to my stomach. i can only hope one day u don't have to feel pain like when u expierence something like this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Island Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A 'hell on Horton Road' for family of murder vi... (Jul '06) 10 hr SamIam 1,097
Editorial: Re-elect Jack Martins in 7th Senate ... 23 hr Just Saying 1
Review: Sahdev Devinder (Dec '10) Oct 22 John 15
Nicole Ottaiano Of Oyster Bay Accused Of Suffoc... (Sep '11) Oct 22 Matt 4
Valley Stream residents are scumbags (Nov '08) Oct 22 Bobo 16
Parking on lawns (Jan '08) Oct 21 savvy lady 20
Alpha Sigma Phi (Mar '09) Oct 18 Stephanie 536

Island Park News Video

Island Park Dating
Find my Match