Island Park to vote today on school c...

Island Park to vote today on school contract

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 18, 2008, titled Island Park to vote today on school contract. In it, Newsday reports that:

Polls are open today for Island Park school district voters, who will decide whether to approve five-year contracts that would allow their high-schoolers to go to either West Hempstead High School or Long Beach ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

LB Parent

Palm Bay, FL

#1 Mar 18, 2008
Oh, come on Island Park, make a decision. Let the 27 kids who want Long Beach come to LBHS. In fact, why not allow all Island Park kids in high school decide what school they want to go to and not just limit it to the incoming 9th graders. We want them. We never minded mixing with the Island park kids. They have always been an extension of our town anyway. I for one welcome them with open arms.
Prof Plum

Port Washington, NY

#2 Mar 18, 2008
Thank You. So nice to hear a positive comment. I am An IP parent and welcome the change. I look forward to sending my children to LBHS. I think both communities can only benefit. Change is good.
ex newyorker

Free Union, VA

#3 Mar 18, 2008
i don't understand why ip is not looking to continue going to west hempstead?

“say what you mean...”

Since: Nov 07

and mean what you say.

#4 Mar 20, 2008
ex newyorker wrote:
i don't understand why ip is not looking to continue going to west hempstead?
they are...families may now choose whether they want their children to attend west hempstead or long beach.
IpMom

Rockville Centre, NY

#5 Mar 21, 2008
I am glad the 5 year contract passed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Island Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hempstead General Hospital &Hempstead Park Nurs... (Apr '08) 4 hr cherylrodriguez 57
News A 'hell on Horton Road' for family of murder vi... (Jul '06) Wed Nickyboy4 1,123
News Katie Flynn's family to appear on Oprah's show (May '07) Dec 3 kgcincy 205
News Cops: Latin King slain in Queens (Apr '07) Dec 1 KING LITE 328
US Hells angels war on American women and child... (Feb '10) Nov 30 GodofUSAHellsangels 305
Alpha Omega Theta Fraternity (Aug '09) Nov 30 Douglas Sprague 19
Harveys Lake Pa Nov 30 charly 1

Island Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Island Park Mortgages