On patrol for drunk drivers in Nassau

On patrol for drunk drivers in Nassau

There are 50 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 5, 2008, titled On patrol for drunk drivers in Nassau. In it, Newsday reports that:

A little past 11:15 p.m. The amber glow of a bottle of liquor is the first detail Nassau police officer Kyle Poppe notices after speeding to the scene of an overturned car.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Long Island and Foes

Bronx, NY

#43 Jul 6, 2008
Looks like a few of you got arrested for DWI before. I guess it's not important for cops to do their jobs unless your the victim of a crime. Now it's ok to call 911. To all the racist and bigbots have fun blaming everyone else for your failed dreams. That's what you're all angry about. Everyone or their family members have been immigrants in the U.S.A sometime in their history. Or are you racist Native American Indiands? How!!!!
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#44 Jul 6, 2008
Elect Mc Cain and the gas will cost more than the Booze. They'll have to stay home to drink. I think they call that a dark cloud with a silver lining.

Support BIG OIL, Vote for ..

...." BUSH, The Sequel ! "
Marie

AOL

#45 Jul 6, 2008
Come_On wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement may have merit if this article was about illegal immigrants, but this is about people driving drunk. Stick to the issue at hand.
I don't know who died and left you boss, but I was responding to the previous post where ILLEGALS thought all drunks were Mexican. I was pointing out that many drunk drivers are Asian and Middle Eastern as well. You can mind your own business if you don't like what I have to say. Last I looked, America is a free country, even if it's overrun with illegal drunks right now.
Drnk Bddys

Bridgeport, CT

#46 Jul 6, 2008
My friend drinks with police all the time and drive home, so what! Whats wrong with that?
Come_On

Long Beach, NY

#47 Jul 6, 2008
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who died and left you boss, but I was responding to the previous post where ILLEGALS thought all drunks were Mexican. I was pointing out that many drunk drivers are Asian and Middle Eastern as well. You can mind your own business if you don't like what I have to say. Last I looked, America is a free country, even if it's overrun with illegal drunks right now.
I do respect your right to an opinion. And I'll agree that Mexcians are not the only race of illegal immigrants. However, my rant is that the article in question is about drunk driving, yet somehow illegal immigrants are brought into the discussion, as it always is. So how about you respect my opinion as well, Marie? Like you said, America is a free country.
Marie

AOL

#48 Jul 7, 2008
Come_On...you agree with me, yet you think I am not respectful of your opinion. Don't get that. There are many illegal drunks here. They get into the car and drive because they have nothing to lose. Someone here legally, with a driver's licence, that they have studied for and took a road test, with insurance, would be less likely to blow it all, unless they are alcoholics who aren't thinking straight. That was my point. And I don't appreciate the peanuts and lemons. Thanks, whoever did that.

Since: Mar 07

Englishtown, NJ

#50 Jul 7, 2008
NCPD wrote:
As a PO on the job for 18 years I can't wait to fake a disability and retire.
Why not? My ex did it, collected 3/4 pay and got another job. That's why cops have such a great reputation.

Since: Mar 07

Englishtown, NJ

#51 Jul 7, 2008
from the article:
"The teen is handcuffed as his wide-eyed passenger watches. An elderly man from the neighborhood wanders over, complaining about the flashing patrol car lights."

Now, isn't that just like Long Island? Complain the cops don't do their job but you complain when they pull someone over and the "lights" are bothering you? So what, they shut the lights off and get hit by someone driving by or maybe the drunk driver wigs out on them? People are so totally ignorant it's just amazing.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#52 Jul 7, 2008
I like the 'peanut' comment, signifying the person responsible for adding it had a 'Peanut' sized brain. So THANKS, Peanut Brain, for reading my opinion.!
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#53 Jul 7, 2008
Higher gas prices will solve the problem, Elect Bush, the Sequel !

People who can't afford gas, can't afford booze, MORE GAS GOUGING, elect BUSH, The Sequel and solve the drunk driver problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Island Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nickerson Beach Cabana fee raised 62% (Dec '10) Apr 25 E P Unum 4
News Tankleff half sister rips DA, says Marty's guilty (Jan '08) Apr 24 Kennymac 105
News Nassau Cop Gets Community Service for Stealing ... (Jun '12) Apr 22 Anonymous 4
Sammy's Inferno, Gardiner's Ave. off Hempstead ... (Sep '11) Apr 21 Elisabeth Vescovi 6
News Police Raid Nyack Spa, 3 Woman Accused Of Prost... (Jun '11) Apr 20 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 12
News Queens jogger murder suspect allegedly told pol... Apr 19 china white 1
Alpha Sigma Phi (Mar '09) Mar 31 alphasigmadumbasses 596

Island Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Island Park Mortgages