Clinton Corners, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2009

Judged:

I am resident in Durham Woods, Edison for the past 3 years and have heard of few mugging incidents in the complex myself. They were mainly directed at Indian elderly couples by few teenagers so much so that the victims were taken to emergency care.
I myself became a victim to this nuisance today (May 30 2009) while sitting and reading a book in MY OWN balcony at 3rd floor!! There were around 9-10 teenagers who threw water balloons at us in our own balcony at broad daylight and yelled abuses.

I guess the Durham Woods management and the security are to be blamed for not controlling this kind of nuisance and allowing everyone and anyone to rent out here without checking their background. These kind of incidents are at an alarming high and it is very unsafe to walk around the complex.
steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

This is disgusting and getting out of hand, i dont live there but enough is enough, ive heard alot of complaints from people of all backgrounds about these thugs!
jon

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

perhaps there are too many white trash in your neighborhood. In fact, there are too many white trash in Edison.
Zane

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

I encountered the same gang last night around 9:45 coming home to Park Gate. I made a left turn from Cooledge drive/road saw about more than 10 kids on the side walk as if wanting to cross the road, so I slowed down and next thing I knew my car was being pelted with hard hitting objects (later on I learned these were water filled balloons and God knows what else). I had a friend in the car with me, so I pulled over and got out of the car to check the damage and then dialed 911, while on the phone with 911, I chased the trail and caught up to the gang within couple of yards from where I had pulled over. There were more than ten black kids wearing white T-Shirts, they saw me and then attacked me with water ballons and then they came after me and started to physically pushed me around and knocked my glasses on the ground, and one of the kids yelled to others to snatch my phone. I picked my glasses and walked back to my car...mind you, I was still on the phone with the Police (Edison). I was informed that someone already has reported this and the officers are on their way. I got into the car and waited more than 10 minutes and then drove home all soaked.

Came home and inspected the car and found two noticeable dings which I will end up paying for.

I have lived in this area for about 10 years now and have not encountered anything like this, but when I was renting in Durham Woods back in 2004/5, I did however encountered such incidents which were being carried out by gang of African American teenagers.

I did meet up with the Police later in the evening. I don't foresee anything happening to these under age kids even if they are caught.

I will quietly pay $500 deductible and plus more to get the dings fixed and try to forget about it all, so have I been told that is the way to go.

So Jon, no white trash.
Sham

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

This community is betting worse, looks like this Edison is no more good place to live, specially this durhamwoods is loosing itís charm. Having the disgusting and rude management and now these JUNK black kids in this community is making life very miserable.
This is surely 100% not a safe and good place to stay.
durhamwoodstenan t

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

On 6th, the same day Zane had experienced few kids,durham wood residents were chased by 10 kids. The following article gives the news:
http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...
Zane, why don't u call "Tom Hayden, Star Ledger" and give your news.
Many incidents happened in 2007 and with Mayor/Police intervention things went good and now again the story is repeating. It is very scary to live in Durham woods.
Zane

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Hello Durhamwoodstenant,

Thank you for your suggestion, I will try to knock at Tom Hayden's door. I don't have any faith in Police, and If I to draw a parallel between Durhamwoods management(namely Sharon), and those officers who show up after such incidents at the scene, and when they realize that the victim lacks the white color, their attitude changes right that moment leaving one feeling as if the entire fault was of none other than your own.

And speaking of the good guys, I cringe when I need to drive through Westfield, Highland Park, Middlesex, and South Plainfeld in evening hours or after sunset.

Chakra

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

I was living in Edison Woods, We are promised for different unit apt office and After a month ,just couple of days we wanted to move in , they forced us to take another unit saying some health inspection is not over kind of stories. As we have completed our moving plans there is no way to go back as we were moving from Upstate NY.

After few days we have noticed water started leaking in the given unit, Even there was some water in the Glass dome around one of the bulb in the basement, It was real scary about short circuit and current shock.

When we have called for maintenance, response was very bad, It was clear showing some racial discrimination, I'm in for so many year and interact with so many Americans on day to day basis. So it is not communication barrier it is more race.

Story doesn't end here, My Infiniti Car's xenon bulbs were stolen twice in 3 months time,each of the bulbs are $1700, when I have parked my car right in front of my townhouse. And also my Van side glass broke.

Even few of my friends started questioning did you fight or end up in some arguments with any of the tenants. I didn't even get a chance to interact much with any .

Cops came both the times, second time the cop didn't even bother to come out of the car to see.
When I had been to Edison Police station to collect the report, They are not even feeling any responsibility about this incident.., they said nothing can be done..

Well every day We were so scared and used to cover my car always worried as I heard some robberies in the same apartment complex. I have paid 1500$+ per month.

Finally we were so rushed to move to good locality end up buying some house as we wanted to run away from this place. Obviously when we rush things we end up making more mistakes.., now our house atleast 60k-70k below the rate we bought for....

Some sad story guys.., message of the story is Central Jersey is not being very safe place. But more money is here. Indian origins should be even more careful keeping Gold and expensive at homes.
Ram

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Things are better now compared to prior years. Management also changed with new focus on good maintenance. Have been living for many years. On other point of police not bothering about such incidents, I agree. It is kind of donot-care-attitudue. Does such thing happen in Jews or white neighborhood. Think why? They are involved in community and fight for their rights. I don't condone Police mentality. But that's reality. Go to community meetings, schoolboard meeting, gather people - collect signatures, make noise noise. Crying baby gets milk!!
Old Friend

New Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Ram wrote:
Things are better now compared to prior years. Management also changed with new focus on good maintenance. Have been living for many years. On other point of police not bothering about such incidents, I agree. It is kind of donot-care-attitudue. Does such thing happen in Jews or white neighborhood. Think why? They are involved in community and fight for their rights. I don't condone Police mentality. But that's reality. Go to community meetings, schoolboard meeting, gather people - collect signatures, make noise noise. Crying baby gets milk!!
Hey Ram: you living for many years ? Any of those years you were not living?
Please explain.
Odaji

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

I found my recently fixed Acura that I saved for years to restore re-damaged in the front bumper with an object from the engine bay dislodged on the ground on Sunday June 2nd 2013 at around 6:00 pm. An apparent victim of a hit and run or "hate" (who knows) and the property managers are not taking any responsibility for the damage done to my car nor do they show any care or sympathy. There were no cameras where it happened (in front of the Swim Cub House)even though there have been other situations similar to this incident. Three out of four of the street lights in the parking lot did not work, which may have played a part in the accident (if it wasn't intentional). My car had Liability coverage and no Collision so I'm pretty much screwed, the police were useless and were of no help either, since there were no witnesses but yet when we told the police officer of the two cameras at the two main entrances, they were quick to say it was impossible to spot witch car could have caused the damage. I plan on taking further actions and if needed i would like to take it to court. If anyone knows a good affordable Lawyer that may be able to help me please leave a message, I will do my own research as well. Please re-post, tweet and share through whatever social media website means you can to spread the word. I do not think my situation is anymore special than others but, no one should have to suffer or pay for the careless or hateful actions of others...we all deserve Justice. Durham Woods Apartments and Talmadge Village is their name in Edison NJ. my email is cpdetailer@yahoo.com
Shelley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Durham woods is garbage they management are dishonest and direspectful. They are money grabbers they have immagrants entering the apt who I know they did no background check. The kids are all over trashing property when u tell management they act like they have no clue. This place is becoming ran down people are leaving everytday I hope my native people are reading this they said you guys will pay whatever they ask because u going back to your country that's why the continue to raise rent
Pai

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

I've never seen so much ignorant people. I've been at this place for over a year when I was told you can't paint you can't hang pictures don't use garage for storage wow to see all the junk people have done and do use the garage for storage was amazing. Oh the fee for a pool I wouldn't put a dog in again wow
William

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Talmadge village should take responsibility for the property, the camera don't work people are getting threats on the doors to leave, children are hitting cars with objects, people have pets cats dogs and birds. It's unsafe to take children to the park area fights break out all the time. When will they see it is there responsibility to make sure all the tenants are safe and feel treated with some kind of respect
Jsmith

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

The leasing office of durhamwoods is definitely rude and treat people badly by talking down to them. The games they play among their own employees in leasing office by lying, scamming make people sick.
Bill

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

I lived Durham Woods from 1989-1992. Sounds as if the only change from then is that the place has gotten older.
annoyed

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Currently living here now and the people here act like total trash. I pay too much to live here, no management issues yet but have rude ignorant neighbors who do not care about anyone. Had to have two cars towed from my spot, their problem not mine and we can't wait to move out this year! 2 months can't go fast enough. Oh and yes the kids here are more annoying and disrespectful then ever. Anyone looking at Durham woods, if you love to throw out your money, have laundry machines working half the time and dealing with smelly ignorant neighbors then this is for you. Welcome!
annoyed

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Oh and by the way, I farted ... No wait that's the neighbors cause their place stinks and I did see a roach and I am clean!
Good Samaritan

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

WARNING PLEASE SAY AWAY FROM DURHAM WOODS. THEY ARE THE WORSE. I LIVED THERE FOR TWO YEARS AND WHEN MY CHILD WAS BORN HE ALMOST LOST HIS LIFE. THE ISSUES WE ENCOUNTERED AT DURHAM WOODS CAN NOT BE DESCRIBE TO ANYONE UNLESS YOU WERE THERE. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE MANAGEMENT. THEY LOVE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE IMMIGRANTS. PLEASE DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT THEY TELL YOU WHEN YOU VIEW APARTMENTS. THEY WILL NEVER DELIVER TO YOUR REQUESTS AND PROBLEMS.
GOD BLESS.
Crook victim

North Brunswick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

I moved out of that dump of a place Durham Woods a few months ago. After moving out, they charged me $900.00 for the carpet. They said it had stains, so they replaced the whole carpet. That is absolutely ridiculous. My carpet had a couple of stains, but none that a carpet cleaner could not take care of. Unfortunately, under my circumstances, I could not do it my self. I mean come on...they put a beige carpet in...did they not expect a beige carpet to get any stains, They are money hungry and rude crooks. Please stay away from them...they will nickle and dime you for every and any thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Iselin News Video

•••
•••

Iselin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Iselin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE