MrDoughnut

AOL

#1 Jan 28, 2013
I post relatives of mine taken or painted by others. These are infact my relatives according to many Histoians and various state records. I only recently discovered my ancestors because a cousin's wife did some ancestry searches which caused me to go back and find even more. My relatives were on both sides of the Revolutionry War and US Civil War. I am a direct Descendant of Thomas Wickham who settled in Connecticut in the early 1600's because he is my Great Great Grandfather going back a few.Because if Parker's Loyalty ton the crown we lost Robin's Island and other properties handed down by another Great Great Grandfather Joseph Wickham.
MrDoughnut

AOL

#2 Jan 28, 2013
Considering John Wickham another relative had defended Arron Burr at his trial I am surprised that my text books in Woodbridge's schools did not mention my relatives!
MrDoughnut

AOL

#3 Jan 28, 2013
Unfortnately none of my direct ancestors that fought under George Washington or for the Union during the US Civil War have any photos or paintings of themselves for me to post. However there may be photos or paintings in the Library of Congress or some other place that I am not aware of etc. My Grandfather John Wickham son of George Wickham was a 3rd Calvry Sargent in the Union Army however I can't find any photos or paintings. John's brother William Wickham which is a Great Great uncle to me built the Wickham House for Tourists by Echo Lake in West Milford NJ
MrDoughnut

AOL

#4 Mar 5, 2013
During the US Civil War John Wickham the a son of George Wickham of West Milford NJ was in the 3rd Calvary. The Union 3rd Calvary was sent to Washington D.C to protect the US Capital and Pres Lincoln,

The Confederate cousin CSA General Williams Carter Wickham was at the Battle of Manassas. I don't know if my relatives back then knew or met their relatives during the war. Certainly the train tracks that passes through Iselin head toward Washington D.C. The tracks were built before the US Civil War.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iselin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People still live in Edison??? (Jun '08) 20 hr Wwert 114
Four Texans charges with home invasions Dec 16 ROSENBERG 1
'A Seussified Christmas Carol' at the Union Cou... Dec 16 marie 1
Accountant accused of stealing millions from N.... Dec 6 RJS III 1
Did U USA hells angel cowards threaten to rape ... (Mar '13) Dec 1 Odogg 4
Lockdown menlo park elementary. 11/17/14 Nov '14 Mimi 8
Four Indian families robbed in New Jersey Nov '14 Meeker 4

Iselin News Video

Iselin Dating
Find my Match