Old Brick Building at 161/4 crossroads

Old Brick Building at 161/4 crossroads

Posted in the Irwin Forum

Curious

Bellefontaine, OH

#1 Jan 11, 2013
What purpose did the old brick building at the crossroads of 161 and 4 serve? The building appears as though it's been vacant for some time. I drive past it on my way to Columbus, and was curious.
Shoop

Blue Ridge, GA

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Back in the 50's I think it was a school, then a truck stop.
Jerry Carter

Mechanicsburg, OH

#3 Jan 20, 2013
This old school was closed in 1943. It was turned into a truck stop in the early 1950s by Sheridan&Annabell Bennett and it operated until the early 1970s
animal control

Galena, OH

#4 Feb 22, 2013
the primary purpose for this huge school building that was only used for about 5 years, was to show the taxpayers how screwd-up the systems are......

$$$$$

fast-foward to today and proof positive theres a overbuilt brand new obsolete big box skewl in every burg around...if they ask for it, err not.....Baby!

~no charge
animal control

Galena, OH

#5 Feb 22, 2013
and, tanks jerry...i never knew/heard of shags actual name..?....Baby!

~no charge

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irwin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tri-County Jail inmate escapes - Apr 29 Jmony 1
Election Who do you support for State House in Ohio (Dis... (Oct '10) Mar '17 State pharrt 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Ohio (Dist... (Oct '10) Mar '17 You pharrt 16
Speed trap town Feb '17 I can smell it 1
Irwin Music Thread (May '15) Nov '16 Musikologist 4
News Cars, trucks coming to Main Street - (Aug '16) Aug '16 spanky rodriguez 1
News Child rapist gets life terms (Jun '06) Dec '15 does not matter 11

Irwin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Irwin Mortgages