First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tornado last night

Irvington, KY

#1 Jun 23, 2011
Can anyone tell me why we were not let in the door last night at the P.L.Kasey Center by the Lady Jean that was there and wouldn't let no one in when the tornadoes whislte was going off !! We live over there and she would Not let us in and she was there!Right there was a basement and she woldnt let us in. Not only me but others also. That was WRONG.This matter needs to be looked into . The P.L. Kasey Center is suppose to be used for stuff like that too!
Jean Ewing

Vine Grove, KY

#3 Jul 16, 2011
Be my guest and look into this matter all you want. The sirens were NOT going off, there were no tornado or storm warnings for Breck County at that particular time. There were tornado watches and warnings for Meade Co. but not Breck Co. After the last storm and the mess we had to deal with it has been decided not to use our facility as a storm shelter again.
Factual

Vine Grove, KY

#4 Jul 17, 2011
Jean wake up. Do you know that the sirens did go off. Do you know the PL Kasey Center IS a designated Shelter. Do you understand the word PUBLIC. Do you also understand that you need to check into WHY those people who got into the kitchen got in there in the first place. Does the Kitchen not have lockable doors. Now in the other hand there are a minut few who took it upon themselves to go into the kitchen area and steal food from the kitchen at the PL KAsey center. YOU know who you are and YOU have made it hard on everyone else, Now seems to me that you Jean need to look into some sort of Supervision while being used as a shelter and those who abuse the shelter as a food kitchen need to respect that the PL Kasey center is not prepeared to feed you.They are supposed to be open as a SHELTER ONLY. Neither Jean nor the abusers want someone elses death on their hands. The PL Kasey Center is designated as a shelter . Lock the doors to everything else except the entrance for the basement. Have someone who can open and supervise the shelter while being used. We have so much trouble out of that PL KAsey Center I am fast becoming a supporter for closing it down. That means it will be yet another peice of Irvington History that is unsupported by the town that will have closed because the people will not support it. AS well it shows yet another attempt at bad management. Failure is eminent for anything that tries to open in this town. People do not want it. CLOSE IT. Just make the whole town off limits to everyone except those elite few who want to control it. Give it to them. Everyone move away and let them own nothing.Our painted evergreens in town are even dead because nobody cares. We have to paint things to make them look alive. HOW CHEAP IS THAT? Jean don't cut your nose off to spite your face. Do the right thing .
old grunt

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jul 22, 2011
Sounds like Jean has piss poor judgment! That's probably the reason the place is NOT been able to make it!! Under qualified personnel running it!
stfu

Brandenburg, KY

#6 Jul 22, 2011
Jean is in a no win position. She, and a FEW others, are trying to salvage what they can from the Kasey Center and the dignity of Irvington. When it closes, and it will, it's just one more failed attemt to make Irvington a better place to live. Let's just all stay home and ignore the possibility that we MIGHT be able to build a community. That would be a real waste of time.
Beth

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jul 23, 2011
stfu, AMEN!

Facts are, prior to Jean, the Kasey Center had ZERO in the bank. They now, under Jean's care, have $10,000 in general fund and over $3,000 in the lottery fund (from what I'm told). Say what you want, but the numbers say a LOT for me.
Remember

Brandenburg, KY

#8 Jul 23, 2011
The work being done at PL Kasey is under the direction of 8 board members who are also working for the center. Jean is just one person. Don't forget to mention the no one person can handle this case by themselves. Thank You.
Beth

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jul 24, 2011
Remember, you are right. My apologizes to the 7 that I didn't mention. They, and the volunteers, have done a fantastic job, given the situation. Again, I am sorry and thanks for bringing this to my attention.
What would happen

Brandenburg, KY

#10 Jul 26, 2011
I invite everyone to put a positive comment on this website today. Hey lets all try it and see how it makes us feel. It won't hurt I promise and you may be surprised at how good it feels. Everyone try it just one time just out of curiosity see how many will and leave the negatives off. Betcha you will be glad you did.

I did mine, now you try it.

Have a wonderful day and smile when you don't feel like.
Jean Ewing

Vine Grove, KY

#11 Aug 8, 2011
To Factual: Yes, I will do the right thing and apologize to the people I wouldn't let into the Kasey Center on June 22,(the night of the storm). I'm very sorry I didn't let them in as I should have, but since I was the only one there, and we had problems before, I guess I was just plain afraid. I know it was my responsibility and I shirked my duties.
It is no longer listed as a shelter; things may change in the future, but as of the time of this writing it has been removed from the shelter list.
To answer your question about locks on the kitchen doors, there are none; but I know that is easily remedied. The time before when there were so many rude people there, they didn't pay any attention to Craig Hinton or anyone else, they were smoking in the shelter; he had to keep after them about that; letting their kids run wild and I think he was thoroughly disgusted with their behaviour, so that made me a bit leery also. Anyway, my apologies and I do understand the word PUBLIC.
Jean Ewing

Vine Grove, KY

#12 Aug 8, 2011
May I also add I didn't hear any sirens and the Kasey Center received no calls from the Judge about any dangerous storms that night. We are on his calling list so it makes me wonder why we didn't receive any calls; nor did I receive any at home. They are usually on my answering machine if I am away from home and there were none that night.
Alert

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Aug 8, 2011
Jean Ewing wrote:
Center received no calls from the Judge about any dangerous storms that night.
Aren't those calls made after the storms anyhow?:) last one I got my roof was already gone
just wondering

Brandenburg, KY

#14 Aug 13, 2011
Jean Ewing wrote:
To Factual: Yes, I will do the right thing and apologize to the people I wouldn't let into the Kasey Center on June 22,(the night of the storm). I'm very sorry I didn't let them in as I should have, but since I was the only one there, and we had problems before, I guess I was just plain afraid. I know it was my responsibility and I shirked my duties.
It is no longer listed as a shelter; things may change in the future, but as of the time of this writing it has been removed from the shelter list.
To answer your question about locks on the kitchen doors, there are none; but I know that is easily remedied. The time before when there were so many rude people there, they didn't pay any attention to Craig Hinton or anyone else, they were smoking in the shelter; he had to keep after them about that; letting their kids run wild and I think he was thoroughly disgusted with their behaviour, so that made me a bit leery also. Anyway, my apologies and I do understand the word PUBLIC.
I seen the name Craig Hinton on here a couple time who is he? Is he supposed to be somebody? I never heard about him and I have lived here my hole life.
Jean Ewing

Vine Grove, KY

#15 Aug 21, 2011
Yes, Mr Hinton is "somebody." Aren't you "somebody?" I thought we were all somebody, but to answer your question, Craig Hinton is the Director of the Irvington Housing Authority and he really doesn't have anything to do with the Kasey Center except for volunteering like a lot of the other good people of Irvington.
Factual

Vine Grove, KY

#16 Aug 22, 2011
hmmm
Factual

Vine Grove, KY

#17 Aug 22, 2011
Well I usually have some choice words for you Jean.Ya do have just a tiny bit left to do but it doesn't amount to much and can be done in an hour or so. I will tell you what it is later. Today though you have managed to pull a rabbit out of your hat.Its hard to get any kind of support to do much of anything in this town. The city council is coming alive and things are changing much to my surprise and it as well seems to be getting a bit faster and better.I think they are young and every so often someone will have to kick em in the butt but they are coming up with some brim and vigor. As well you did a very good job of managing with your crew, friends, and volunteers to save the Center. Ya know I ain't much one to let nobody off the hook cause its my nature.CONGRATULATIONS! You have been through some pretty hard knocks and been bumped off some walls with the future promises of some more bumps.Smile a little and lets go on over to the kitchen and see whats in the fridge!My treat! Keep up the great work and "GET R DONE"!
Jean Ewing

Vine Grove, KY

#18 Aug 25, 2011
Thanks for the congratulations, Factual; but I'm afraid it's a little early yet. We might have saved the city from their grants but we haven't saved the Kasey Center and that is an impossible feat since it was a white elephant from the very beginning. What we needed was a big metal building like they have in Brandenburg with a kitchen and rest rooms. We certainly didn't need a big brick Taj Mahal filled with expensive furniture that we can't possibly pay for. But we have it and now what is going to happen to it, probably have a very big yard sale to get a little money to pay some of what we owe HUD. They really screwed up royally and no Board of Directors anywhere can possiby straighten it up. Can you believe a $40,000.00 cook stove?(And it doesn't work worth a darn.)Mine at home works better and it is about 35 years old. Nuff said.
without approval

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Aug 25, 2011
Didn't (city representatives) give the board free reigns spending without oversight? Who was the mayor then and council? Blame them! Some of the same folks are still running the show. Yet most citizens still re-elects these Good Ole Boys and Girls? Vote them all out next time around!
Becky Brown

Vine Grove, KY

#20 Aug 25, 2011
Jean Ewing wrote:
Thanks for the congratulations, Factual; but I'm afraid it's a little early yet. We might have saved the city from their grants but we haven't saved the Kasey Center and that is an impossible feat since it was a white elephant from the very beginning. What we needed was a big metal building like they have in Brandenburg with a kitchen and rest rooms. We certainly didn't need a big brick Taj Mahal filled with expensive furniture that we can't possibly pay for. But we have it and now what is going to happen to it, probably have a very big yard sale to get a little money to pay some of what we owe HUD. They really screwed up royally and no Board of Directors anywhere can possiby straighten it up. Can you believe a $40,000.00 cook stove?(And it doesn't work worth a darn.)Mine at home works better and it is about 35 years old. Nuff said.
Jean, one thing is for certain, you tell it like it is. You are correct on all counts but like you said, it is what it is.
Craig Hinton

Brandenburg, KY

#21 Aug 25, 2011
I hope that someday the people of Irvington will realize and recognize the service that Jean Ewing and Ada Coleman have done for this city. They will be the first to admit that it may not have always been done right, but they were trying. Who else can say that? These two "old broads" have dragged themselves to grocery store, newspaper offices, and radio stations when they physically did NOT feel like getting out of bed. I applaud their efforts on our behalf and am VERY grateful to call them both my friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irvington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home repair 2 hr bjay 8
Leigh Ann Boling??? 2 hr Batman10970 1
homewreaker (Sep '11) 2 hr Batman10970 12
Destinie Jupin back on the methamphetamine 4 hr he was a bum 38
Dope girl iso dope man 12 hr Brandi 2
Matt A that goes to circle k 19 hr Girl4him 6
Do not delete 21 hr This girl 1

Irvington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Irvington Mortgages