Virtual tour of new Bonham City Hall

Virtual tour of new Bonham City Hall

There are 5 comments on the North Texas e-News story from Aug 14, 2011, titled Virtual tour of new Bonham City Hall. In it, North Texas e-News reports that:

It was a crisp Monday morning, January 24, 2011 when City of Bonham officials and proud residents gathered for what Bonham Mayor Roy Floyd called a "momentous occasion" -- the ceremonial groundbreaking for Bonham City Hall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Texas e-News.

proud

Texarkana, TX

#1 Aug 15, 2011
Great news! How refreshing to hear that they used lots of local contractors and put in energy efficient things. Nice to see a sneak peek of what's inside the impressive looking building. Can't wait to get to see inside for myself.
Ivanhoe Taxpayer

Whitewright, TX

#2 Aug 15, 2011
You mean Floyd's Palace. The old city hall was well good enough for the poor management Bonham has. Responsible spending practices are not being followed.
Elania

Texarkana, AR

#3 Aug 21, 2011
Don't like where the new city hall is built. It's a pretty structure, but would be much better on the empty lot across the street with some kind of landscaping. They could have remodeled the house they tore down for the senior citizen center.
Bonham Parent

Texarkana, TX

#4 Aug 21, 2011
I agree it would be nice if the new city hall was on a more well traveled street or in a more prominent place. I'm pretty sure that the house they tore down was significantly smaller than the building they are renovating into the new senior center. Seems like they were trying to be fiscally responsible and went with the property they could obtain, without paying huge amounts. Plus, this keeps city hall, the police dept and senior citizen center all next to one another, which has to help city staff make efficient use of time.
Pete

Whitewright, TX

#5 Sep 14, 2011
Just wait for the problems with the new drive up window on the south side where you pay your water bill. It was built on an incline and in ice and snow weather people will slide back down into the street or into another car. At least it is close to the police station so they won't have to go far to answer the accident call. So much for the City Planners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irving Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch Aug 22 olive oyl 1
News Dallas police charge two men with forced prosti... Aug 20 Nameless 1
County Line Dance Clubs (Feb '15) Aug 14 Sparkie5 6
Review: Lugger, Jerry L MD - Jerry L Lugger MD (Jan '10) Aug 13 Big bad john 9
News The student who was suspended for bringing a ho... Aug 10 Marie-Luise_J 1
Deceptive Advertising at Grand Prairie Ford (Jun '13) Aug 7 Trish 7
Dirty snapchat (Oct '15) Aug 3 Ageisjustanunbr 2

Irving Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance