Family Buries Teen Shot By Grand Prairie Police

Aug 20, 2007 | Posted by: CBS 11 | Full story: CBS 11

“Because sometimes at 17, kids that age, they're confused about what they need to do.”

Police here have characterized their action as proper and have said Maszney Bouttilath not only had a gun, but he also fired it at officers.

Relatives of the 17-year-old, however, want him remembered as a fine son.

"He had some small problems, but he was a good kid," a family member admits.

In a candid and exclusive interview with CBS 11, family member Stephen Rogers said Bouttilath had risen above some earlier scrapes to receive a GED high school diploma.

"He was trying to make the best of life right now," Rogers said on Saturday as family and friends bid farewell to the boy known as "TO." Read more

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Linda

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2007

this is his cousin.
i love him so much
he didnt mean to.
i love you THO.
EAL

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Shoot a cop, get shot back at. Plain simple logic. Why the hell shoot at someone who knowingly and openly carries a weapon and knows how to utilize it? Linda, your "cousin" WAS stupid.
Butch

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2007

putting folks in jail was to serve 2 examples and lessons. The person serving should learn not to do the crime and the public should not want to go to jail. Neither example works... just shoot them dead or bring public hanging back.
Point is that people dont abide by the law with other loosers beind set as an example.
Just look at all the car crashes and deaths by folks on cell phones... most probably dont use their cell phone anymore while driving once they have been in a fatality crash but all the other unaffected idiots speed on.... or in this case rob and shoot innocent people.
Go the your Maker if you have done wrong and are planted 6 ft under... Viva!
nunya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

both of yall are stupid the kid was 17 and its pretty funny because grand prairie cops shot my uncle too it seems to me like some of these cops are a little trigger happy and for the record my uncle didnt have a gun

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Irving News Video

•••
•••

Irving Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Irving People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••