Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

is religion a good thing, i have been trying it and it seems to make me kind of peaceful. i dont no wether its good or not believing in something i cant see has always been hard for me after combat. but like i said it seems peaceful. what do you think about religion. and believe it or not i even said a prayer for people i really dont like and i dont no why i done that.
answer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

there are many differant kind of religions, that can get one confused, but there is only one GOD with the plan of salvation.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

answer wrote:
there are many differant kind of religions, that can get one confused, but there is only one GOD with the plan of salvation.
Salvation from what, exactly?
daddy

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

its hard to believe sometimes inside when you cant see him and you are hurting. and i dont understand yet why he lets things happen that make you hurt. at church they had a sign that said say a prayer for a soldier for there lives have changed forever and after combat its hard for a person to realize how true that statement is.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

daddy wrote:
its hard to believe sometimes inside when you cant see him and you are hurting. and i dont understand yet why he lets things happen that make you hurt. at church they had a sign that said say a prayer for a soldier for there lives have changed forever and after combat its hard for a person to realize how true that statement is.
No one has ever seen even one of these "him"s http://www.godchecker.com

Man has created many gods in his own image.

Helping hands are far more useful than praying lips.
daddy

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

in combat thats what i thought to is that the man beside me had my back. but i thoughtt id get your opinion but combat has and does effect a soldier forever even the ones that say it dont

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

There is a difference beteeen believing in God and following a religion. Atheism is a religion that does not believe in a God.

“I been hangin' on every word.”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

The Virg wrote:
There is a difference beteeen believing in God and following a religion. Atheism is a religion that does not believe in a God.
And that trolls Topix threads from extremely obscure cities they've never heard of to spread their "religion," unfortunately.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Oh goodie, a professional Athiest troll, woohoo.
Pleasant

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

"Daddy" Those with good hearts pray for their enemies. Jesus said in Matthew 5:43-45: YOU heard that it was said,‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous.

If you are interested in learning more about God and how to follow his laws and what he requires of YOU, contact your local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses or visit: www.jw.org . God is looking for people with good hearts. Your reward will only be everlasting life if you seek to know God personally and follow his laws in the Bible. That goes for anyone who sees this message. We are living in some pretty scary times. Seek to know God now before it's too late.

“I been hangin' on every word.”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Pleasant wrote:
"Daddy" Those with good hearts pray for their enemies. Jesus said in Matthew 5:43-45: YOU heard that it was said,‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous.
If you are interested in learning more about God and how to follow his laws and what he requires of YOU, contact your local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses or visit: www.jw.org . God is looking for people with good hearts. Your reward will only be everlasting life if you seek to know God personally and follow his laws in the Bible. That goes for anyone who sees this message. We are living in some pretty scary times. Seek to know God now before it's too late.
DISCLAIMER: You will never, ever be allowed to celebrate Christmas, birthdays, vote in any election, or celebrate any other normal holiday again. Except Passover.

HOWEVER

Passover is something Jesus asked us to do "until he comes again." However, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus already did come back in 1914 and is just walking around invisible now.

They also predicted the end of the world in the 1890s, 1914, 1915, 1925, the 1970s, and even suggested that 2004 (I believe) was a possible date for Jesus to return (although I thought he already did?)

I would be very careful about the Jehovah's Witnesses. Note that they are not just "another denomination" of Christianity--instead it is a more cult-like following (similar to Mormonism) that rejects some of the primary beliefs that most Christians believe (such as that Jesus was the only begotten son of God, that he died on a cross to save us from our sins, and that He will return to take us to Heaven if we have accepted his gift of salvation). Instead they believe that Jesus is actually the archangel Michael, that he was not God's actual son but just a regular angel, and that if we are good enough we get to stay on a remade earth while only 144,000 go to Heaven.

And it isn't even we who get to live forever, either. According to Jehovah's Witnesses, when we die, we die. But then, a magical copy is created of us from Jehovah's (God's) memory, and that copy gets to live forever. What about us? Well we cease to be and never exist again. What about if we aren't saved? Well we don't go to Hell, because JW's believe that "Hell" is just another term for being "cut off" from God. Instead we, again, cease to be.

So according to Jehovah's Witnesses, regardless of how you ever live your life, you will no matter what cease to exist at the end of it and never exist again. However if you followed their teachings, did around 15 hours worth of church and studying per week, and did all the rest of what you were supposed to do, then a magical copy of you gets to live forever--but you will still die and know nothing about it either way.

Kinda a bum rap if you ask me.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Religion becomes harmful when you take it upon yourself for whatever twisted reason to force others to follow your beliefs. There isn't a religion in existence where someone hasn't attempted to force someone else to follow it. Know that Religion is man made and is by default flawed but also know that God is without flaws.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

The Virg wrote:
Religions have churches and leaders. Where is the Atheist church and who is the leader?

Why believe in something that has no supporting evidence. That's like believing in monsters under your bed.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

daddy wrote:
in combat thats what i thought to is that the man beside me had my back. but i thoughtt id get your opinion but combat has and does effect a soldier forever even the ones that say it dont
combat is certainly a life altering experience, emotionally and sometimes physically? So what? That don't mean there is a magic sky daddy. Both sides of the European WWII conflict were Christian, so what?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

The Virg wrote:
Religion becomes harmful when you take it upon yourself for whatever twisted reason to force others to follow your beliefs. There isn't a religion in existence where someone hasn't attempted to force someone else to follow it. Know that Religion is man made and is by default flawed but also know that God is without flaws.
Those who can convince us of absurdity can lead us to commit atrocity.~ Voltaire

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

The first Athiest church (that I've ever heard of, anyway) opened in London just this month. Here is one article about it; there are many articles on it... just Google it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/for-gods-...

Madalyn Murray O'Hair was the president and founder of American Athiests. There are many other well-known Athiest "leaders", such as Richard Dawkins. There is no one "leader" of Athiesm, much the way there is no one "leader" of other religions... even the Catholic church has had numerous papal figureheads.

Any more stupid questions, boogah-head?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

flag waving hippie wrote:
The first Athiest church (that I've ever heard of, anyway) opened in London just this month. Here is one article about it; there are many articles on it... just Google it.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/for-gods-...
Madalyn Murray O'Hair was the president and founder of American Athiests. There are many other well-known Athiest "leaders", such as Richard Dawkins. There is no one "leader" of Athiesm, much the way there is no one "leader" of other religions... even the Catholic church has had numerous papal figureheads.
Any more stupid questions, boogah-head?
From where does this church and/or Richard Dawkins derive their authority over all Atheists? Dumb butt?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

From where does any church and/or church-head derive their authority over all non-Athiests? They don't... and they don't claim to... that's something you made up in your pointy little head. Stop trying to change the subject. I responded to your question in an honest and thoughtful manner and you throw a pissy-hissy fit because you don't like my answer.

Your arguments are flawed and totally self-serving. You have a "do as I say or just go away" attitude. Anyone who doesn't believe what you believe... must be a "dumb butt" (how juvenile of you). Like all worthless trolls, you resort to silly name-calling the moment someone answers your questions in a way that doesn't suit you.

The difference between me and you... I don't care what you believe... or what you don't believe. I don't mess with your Athiest "church" / "religion"... too bad you're too ill-mannered to return the favor. Instead, you want to stick your nasty little toxic finger into every religious pie in a lame attempt to try to spoil the experience for everyone.

You're like the spoiled brat with the booger-covered fingers that insists on sticking their hands into the cookie jar and touching every crumb inside because they wanted chocolate chip but mommy made oatmeal raisin.

In other words... you're a selfish ass whining around because you aren't able to be part of something because you simply don't have the capacity to understand it. If you can't enjoy spirituality... by golly, no one else shall either.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

From where does any church and/or church-head derive their authority over all non-Athiests? They don't... and they don't claim to... that's something you made up in your pointy little head. Stop trying to change the subject. I responded to your question in an honest and thoughtful manner and you throw a pissy-hissy fit because you don't like my answer.
Your arguments are flawed and totally self-serving. You have a "do as I say or just go away" attitude. Anyone who doesn't believe what you believe... must be a "dumb butt" (how juvenile of you). Like all worthless trolls, you resort to silly name-calling the moment someone answers your questions in a way that doesn't suit you.
The difference between me and you... I don't care what you believe... or what you don't believe. I don't mess with your Athiest "church" / "religion"... too bad you're too ill-mannered to return the favor. Instead, you want to stick your nasty little toxic finger into every religious pie in a lame attempt to try to spoil the experience for everyone.
You're like the spoiled brat with the booger-covered fingers that insists on sticking their hands into the cookie jar and touching every crumb inside because they wanted chocolate chip but mommy made oatmeal raisin.
In other words... you're a selfish ass whining around because you aren't able to be part of something because you simply don't have the capacity to understand it. If you can't enjoy spirituality... by golly, no one else shall either.
Wow!! You haven't been paying attention for about 1500 years!! The Catholic Church claims authority over all Catholics and in fact, all Christians based on direct descendance from Peter. All Mormons from Joe Smith and the current Mormon president, etc... etc.... etc ....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Don't cha just love the way Christians snivel when you point out their folly? I got all their tea party napkins wet boo hoo!!!

But they do it much better because they have an innate talent for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Irvine Forum right now

Search the Irvine Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min SNYB 128,744
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Cornelius Scudmister 146,374
Glenn Newton on Church house hill (Dec '12) 11 min Haha 14
john covey aka covey cheese (Aug '13) 19 min john coveys nightmare 77
children services workers 42 min wasntme 18
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 42 min clueless 1,015
Bonita Gordon 1 hr really 7
•••
•••
•••
Irvine Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••