Has anyone seen Mountain Lions here i...

Has anyone seen Mountain Lions here in Irvine?

Posted in the Irvine Forum

bigman2

Stanton, KY

#1 Feb 1, 2011
I was just wondering if anyone has seen them because my family and I went to the new walking park out Winchester Road and there were 6 Lion tracks each one was a different size and you could tell it was different weight because some were dipper in the mud and dirt. But they were all the same kind of tracks and I done alot of research and they matched Mountain Lion Tracks. I have no doubt that they are in Irvine because about 15 years ago I seen 3 togeather on my property. And no I wasn't high or drunk. So I just wanted to see if anyone else around here has encounterd them.
Thanks
papas favorite

Sheridan, AR

#2 Feb 1, 2011
bigman2 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone has seen them because my family and I went to the new walking park out Winchester Road and there were 6 Lion tracks each one was a different size and you could tell it was different weight because some were dipper in the mud and dirt. But they were all the same kind of tracks and I done alot of research and they matched Mountain Lion Tracks. I have no doubt that they are in Irvine because about 15 years ago I seen 3 togeather on my property. And no I wasn't high or drunk. So I just wanted to see if anyone else around here has encounterd them.
Thanks
It's been decades since I saw wildcat signs, but I used to find tracks, scat, fur, etc. up along the cliffs on the Doe Creek Road area--across the river from the golf course. I hope to God they are still around.
mommabear

London, KY

#3 Feb 1, 2011
I have always heard that they were here. I had a friend that lived up cob hill and he always said that he thought that he heard them there.
MAS

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Feb 2, 2011
I saw one while deer hunting at Pryse about 16 years ago.
Hunter

London, KY

#5 Feb 2, 2011
I seen one about 3yr. ago while deer hunting.Outside city limits on Winchester side.This was a large yellow to tan cat with long tail,not a wildcat.
Forest Hunter

Ruskin, FL

#6 Feb 2, 2011
I've seen big cat tracks up near the Cottage Furnace for the past couple of years.
billy goat

Irvine, KY

#7 Feb 2, 2011
I have seen a wildcat on little doe creek a few years back. it was about 5,6 oclock in the evening.took scraps out and i never ran so fast in my life the the wildcat was on the hill behind the house. it had very little tail ,pointed kinda long ears.it was pretty good size.
cat

Irvine, KY

#8 Feb 3, 2011
i seen a cat
bobcat

Aberdeen, OH

#9 Feb 3, 2011
billy goat wrote:
I have seen a wildcat on little doe creek a few years back. it was about 5,6 oclock in the evening.took scraps out and i never ran so fast in my life the the wildcat was on the hill behind the house. it had very little tail ,pointed kinda long ears.it was pretty good size.
That was a bobcat if it had a short tail and pointed long ears.
concerned

Somerset, KY

#10 Feb 3, 2011
I've seen humans who were meaner than a mountain lion in Estill County. Plenty of them.
hellokitty

Richmond, KY

#11 Oct 9, 2012
I have heard that a man in Irvin has just caught a Cougar/ Mt. lion on a hunting camera. On film...taking down a deer, this past week.
wowee

Jackson, KY

#12 Oct 10, 2012
I have also seen them at Pryse as well as Millers Creek. My ccousin saw on near Old Pike a couple years ago. She had a camera at the time but so startled he forgot to take a pic.
No one important

United States

#14 Sep 26, 2013
I saw one on the side of a hill on Winchester road going out of Irvine Ky. It caught my attention at first because it look like and tall lanky rusted color dog at first on top of the hill. Once I started looking more I saw its white face and whiskers I knew it was a cat I backed in a drive way off the road and it ran off but there around where it was standing was small domestic cats of different species black calico and even orange. I found that completely strange. I looked up pictures if different cats and what I saw matched the description of a moutian lion. It seems when I tell someone they think I'm crazy and tell me I just seen a cat and thought it was bigger than what it was but I know what I saw and can verify there is a moutian lion that lives or visits Irvine Kentucky,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irvine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min How Stupid can yo... 138,493
Middle school teacher arrested? 7 min kujo 7
Poll Where did Ahwahnee, the Shawnee Town at Irvine,... (Aug '13) 10 min Johnathan D Masters 36
Gas Prices 36 min Mad 1
Bird arvin (Feb '10) 7 hr Sexygirl 37
-Word Drop+ (Jun '11) 14 hr Princess Hey 1,297
Deborah Clark Riddell 16 hr Happy 8
More from around the web

Irvine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]