best teacher that touched your li...

best teacher that touched your life and made a difference

Posted in the Irvine Forum

thank you

Saint Simons Island, GA

#1 Sep 6, 2009
i was a former student of mabel reed, i loved her she as the best !!!!!! she wanted to help all students i was unusually poor and she was there like a light at the end of the tunnel!!! she took the time and i thank her more than anyone knows !!! wish all teachers was there for there students like she was !!! most of the rest was either mean to me or swept me under the rug !!! there is a diffeence in being a teacher and having the want to to help children... and being a teacher for the money ...there truely is if you do not have a compassionate heart, and feel for others, and can't
pray for your students that struggle ...{dont be a teacher} to beat them phsically and mentally in the ground!!! teachers pay attn!!!! if your students have it all and are cheer leaders and football players and and are well cared for and seem to have a great life ..........then they are good ...they dont need your help !!! it is the poor children or children who's parents are on drugs and kids are needy...{focus on them }for they need somebody and that somebody could be you ! yes you could make a difference in some of these kids life we was very poor my mom wasnt on drugs and wasnt on alchol but we struggled with a single parent home and thank you again mrs mabel reed!!!!! you made a difference in my life you touched my life and i have never forgotten it !!!! and i am sure when you saw god ......he was very proud of you .....best teacher i ever had !!!!! i no i am and was very proud of you... you was the only one that cared!!!!!!!!!! but..........that is what you was suppose to do !! and you gave more than you got!!!!!! but at the end of the day god has given you the best!!! and i no it !! because i think that children like me was put on this earth poor pitiful kids with nothing to see what the teachers... the preachers... and just everyday people will do to help them .... mrs mabel reed you passed gods test!!!!! i no it!!!! r.i.p. a veryyyyyyyyy special person and teacher!!!!!!!!!!
Just sayin

United States

#2 Dec 1, 2011
Too bad she couldn't teach you how to use proper grammar and sentence structure. (no/know/now)
are you kidding

United States

#3 Dec 1, 2011
Seriously? Is this the same one that humiliated children by sticking gum to the blackboard and then make them stand on their tiptoes and stick their noses in it for long periods of time?? And would not allow children to go to the bathroom when they asked?? And hit children with rulers?? I must be remembering someone else......
aaaawwww

Richmond, KY

#4 Dec 2, 2011
thank you wrote:
i was a former student of mabel reed, i loved her she as the best !!!!!! she wanted to help all students i was unusually poor and she was there like a light at the end of the tunnel!!! she took the time and i thank her more than anyone knows !!! wish all teachers was there for there students like she was !!! most of the rest was either mean to me or swept me under the rug !!! there is a diffeence in being a teacher and having the want to to help children... and being a teacher for the money ...there truely is if you do not have a compassionate heart, and feel for others, and can't
pray for your students that struggle ...{dont be a teacher} to beat them phsically and mentally in the ground!!! teachers pay attn!!!! if your students have it all and are cheer leaders and football players and and are well cared for and seem to have a great life ..........then they are good ...they dont need your help !!! it is the poor children or children who's parents are on drugs and kids are needy...{focus on them }for they need somebody and that somebody could be you ! yes you could make a difference in some of these kids life we was very poor my mom wasnt on drugs and wasnt on alchol but we struggled with a single parent home and thank you again mrs mabel reed!!!!! you made a difference in my life you touched my life and i have never forgotten it !!!! and i am sure when you saw god ......he was very proud of you .....best teacher i ever had !!!!! i no i am and was very proud of you... you was the only one that cared!!!!!!!!!! but..........that is what you was suppose to do !! and you gave more than you got!!!!!! but at the end of the day god has given you the best!!! and i no it !! because i think that children like me was put on this earth poor pitiful kids with nothing to see what the teachers... the preachers... and just everyday people will do to help them .... mrs mabel reed you passed gods test!!!!! i no it!!!! r.i.p. a veryyyyyyyyy special person and teacher!!!!!!!!!!
She was a wonderful teacher and even more, a wonderful person. She did care about what happened to her students. She had a heart of gold. She went home from work countless numbers of days with her feelings hurt because some student would make fun of her hair. Either the student was naive or just didn't care as to the reason she wore her hair that way. SHe had a tumor on her head that had to be removed and her hair never grew back there. I wonder if those students would feel bad for saying those things now if they knew her story. Probably not....anyway, those that knew the real her know what a great lady she was.
ex-irvine girl

Dayton, OH

#5 Dec 9, 2011
Ellen Rogers ,she was first grade teacher at South Irvine,a wonderful lady.
student

Somerset, KY

#6 Dec 9, 2011
Bill Beard, and Janie Ohr.
Happy

Hazard, KY

#8 Dec 11, 2011
My first 2 years in High School I was flunking English because I had a teacher who instead of teaching EVERYONE like she was suppose to, wanted to giggle and flaunt for all the High School boys! If you didn't have a dick she didn't teach you anything! I won't say any names because she still teaches, I just hope she has changed since she older now! Finally my Junior and Senior year I had an angel! Mrs. Charlene Haggard! She made such a difference in my life at that time. Mrs. Haggard actually taught me. I learned everything from her that before I was clueless about! I went from getting D's and F's to getting A's, and I got them from a lot of hard work! She was never mean to anyone, but she took learning seriously, we had a lot of notes to take and work to do,but I knew it was only because she cared and wanted us to learn, and I respected her for that! Mrs. Haggard not only taught me English, but also helped my self esteem because she taught me that I could make the good grades that I had wanted to make for so long! I just wish that she had came into my life much sooner! Thank You so much Mrs. Haggard, I will never forget you! You will always hold a special place in my heart!!!!

Since: Jan 11

Toledo, OH

#9 Dec 28, 2011
Happy wrote:
My first 2 years in High School I was flunking English because I had a teacher who instead of teaching EVERYONE like she was suppose to, wanted to giggle and flaunt for all the High School boys! If you didn't have a dick she didn't teach you anything! I won't say any names because she still teaches, I just hope she has changed since she older now! Finally my Junior and Senior year I had an angel! Mrs. Charlene Haggard! She made such a difference in my life at that time. Mrs. Haggard actually taught me. I learned everything from her that before I was clueless about! I went from getting D's and F's to getting A's, and I got them from a lot of hard work! She was never mean to anyone, but she took learning seriously, we had a lot of notes to take and work to do,but I knew it was only because she cared and wanted us to learn, and I respected her for that! Mrs. Haggard not only taught me English, but also helped my self esteem because she taught me that I could make the good grades that I had wanted to make for so long! I just wish that she had came into my life much sooner! Thank You so much Mrs. Haggard, I will never forget you! You will always hold a special place in my heart!!!!
I can't agree that mrs. Haggard was never mean. She would be if need be. But she only did it for the students sake. She is a good teacher, but mrs Karen bicknell was the best ever.
monkey's paw

Herndon, VA

#10 Dec 28, 2011
Happy wrote:
Mr. White from a school play long past supports this post. Heck of a teacher.
woodbee

London, KY

#11 Dec 28, 2011
easier to name the one that didn't... I won't bother to mention the name... she's just an
English "teacher" at ECHS, among other things... other than that, I had very good teachers throughout the years.
Lesia

United States

#12 Dec 31, 2011
Mary Jo Ross was the only math teacher I ever had that gave me the one on one attention I needed. She was amazing. Also, Mrs. Turner from ECMS and Mrs Haggard from ECHS were pretty great as well!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irvine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
playtime daycare!!!!!!!!! 46 min bo bo 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr another viewer 163,200
Why do stupid hillbillies throw trash onto othe... 7 hr me too 3
T.J Wolfinbarger's obituary (Sep '10) 10 hr Actually 108
MT. Crest Stacey Lane (Apr '15) 13 hr i know his been ther 8
Anyone know Kim Walling? Fri Jackie 7
Signs your neighbor is cooking meth Apr 20 Just wondeeing 9

Irvine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Irvine Mortgages