“I been hangin' on every word.”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#160 Mar 29, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should worry more about real life events that you may or may not be faced with, I myself may not be the best person to be speaking on facts and figures but I think it would be a fair assumption to say that no male or female will be trying to rape you in the near future.
No, but by suggesting that males should be removed from the discussion you completely ignore any semblance of equality. Most rapists are male and most victims are female. However, many of those rapists are encouraged by their male friends, or brag to their male friends who then do nothing about it. Males are also often witnesses to attempted rape, and have an opportunity to either attempt to help the victim, or to say "It's not my problem."

So yes, Virgil and any other male should not only be able, but be willing to take part in a discussion about ways to prevent abuse. Part of this abuse prevention is admitting that a lot of the time, the attacker (regardless of gender) is just too strong for the victim (regardless of gender) to fight off without some sort of equalizer. Virgil appears (correct me if I'm mistaken, because I don't want to speak for anyone) to be saying that in such situations, the victim could stop an attempted attack by shooting the victim.

And if that is an incorrect premise (that a victim could shoot a rapist) then why are women instructed on campus to carry pepper spray, with which to "shoot" her attacker? If you can pull out a tiny spray can, figure out which way to point it, and fire it off in the dark during an attack, then how is it magically not feasible to recommend that these same women carry firearms so that their scum attackers can be taken out of the gene pool permanently?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#161 Mar 29, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should worry more about real life events that you may or may not be faced with, I myself may not be the best person to be speaking on facts and figures but I think it would be a fair assumption to say that no male or female will be trying to rape you in the near future.
Maybe you should be worried more about the fact that You cannot guaranty that I won't be raped. That is what people like you never ever take into account when trying to hash out for others is that you can't guaranty that no one will try to rape me, that the Government will never try to kill me, that criminals will never get their hands on guns etc.. But you still insist on using the force of government to get your way even though you are not willing to be responsible for the consequences of getting your way.

Location hidden

#162 Mar 29, 2013
Kick Brass wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but by suggesting that males should be removed from the discussion you completely ignore any semblance of equality. Most rapists are male and most victims are female. However, many of those rapists are encouraged by their male friends, or brag to their male friends who then do nothing about it. Males are also often witnesses to attempted rape, and have an opportunity to either attempt to help the victim, or to say "It's not my problem."
So yes, Virgil and any other male should not only be able, but be willing to take part in a discussion about ways to prevent abuse. Part of this abuse prevention is admitting that a lot of the time, the attacker (regardless of gender) is just too strong for the victim (regardless of gender) to fight off without some sort of equalizer. Virgil appears (correct me if I'm mistaken, because I don't want to speak for anyone) to be saying that in such situations, the victim could stop an attempted attack by shooting the victim.
And if that is an incorrect premise (that a victim could shoot a rapist) then why are women instructed on campus to carry pepper spray, with which to "shoot" her attacker? If you can pull out a tiny spray can, figure out which way to point it, and fire it off in the dark during an attack, then how is it magically not feasible to recommend that these same women carry firearms so that their scum attackers can be taken out of the gene pool permanently?
My premise here is that a law biding adult man or woman should never EVER have their second amendment rights infringed upon no matter where they are at out of some irrational fear that someone might make a mistake and shoot someone out of a misunderstanding. That yes indeed someone about to be raped should indeed be able to fill their attacker full of holes. But instead the Liberals are all too happy to offer instead the sick twisted perverted unhealthy notions of having to pee and vomit and deficate and otherwise demean yourself in an effort to repel their attacker and its pathetic, its an abortion of common sense and intelligence and it must be stopped.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#163 Mar 29, 2013
There was a home invasion just recently with both female and male rape victims. It may be rare, but it is less rare than you think.
chris

Irvine, KY

#164 Mar 29, 2013
The Virg wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe you should be worried more about the fact that You cannot guaranty that I won't be raped. That is what people like you never ever take into account when trying to hash out for others is that you can't guaranty that no one will try to rape me, that the Government will never try to kill me, that criminals will never get their hands on guns etc.. But you still insist on using the force of government to get your way even though you are not willing to be responsible for the consequences of getting your way.
Maybe you should be more worried that statistically speaking more children are victims of sexual assault vs grown adults. So with that light being cast on the subject should we arm our youth? I have never insisted or relied upon any force of government, local or federal for my protection and the only thing that I can guarantee is that you and your other 2 trolls will turn this into a pissing contest. Nobody can post on this site without you going into rage mode and then throwing the same old broken record on the turntable "you are a liberal I am right and perfect in every way, you are wrong".

Location hidden

#165 Mar 30, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should be more worried that statistically speaking more children are victims of sexual assault vs grown adults. So with that light being cast on the subject should we arm our youth? I have never insisted or relied upon any force of government, local or federal for my protection and the only thing that I can guarantee is that you and your other 2 trolls will turn this into a pissing contest. Nobody can post on this site without you going into rage mode and then throwing the same old broken record on the turntable "you are a liberal I am right and perfect in every way, you are wrong".
It used to be very common place for the youth to be well versed in the handling, use of a firearm. However you aren't here to talk seriously all you are here to do is to bitch and moan about how people like me are not afraid to speak their mind when it comes to the lame brain incredibily morally deficit notions that liberals like you support. But what really gets under the skin of people like you is that you can't use typical bi-polar politics on me because I am not socially conservative nor am I socially Liberal but I am a sovereign individual who knows what his rights are and I will never stop pointing out those on both sides of this ridiculus two party paradigm that is attempting to infringe on my rights.
chris

Irvine, KY

#167 Mar 30, 2013
The Virg wrote:
<quoted text>
It used to be very common place for the youth to be well versed in the handling, use of a firearm. However you aren't here to talk seriously all you are here to do is to bitch and moan about how people like me are not afraid to speak their mind when it comes to the lame brain incredibily morally deficit notions that liberals like you support. But what really gets under the skin of people like you is that you can't use typical bi-polar politics on me because I am not socially conservative nor am I socially Liberal but I am a sovereign individual who knows what his rights are and I will never stop pointing out those on both sides of this ridiculus two party paradigm that is attempting to infringe on my rights.
That's just it, I am here to debate the topic, again you are here to turn everything into a personal matter and attack any poster that doesn't agree with you. I made my point clear more children are victims of sexuall assault the option of CCW isn't an option so now what? I refuse to sink to your level and make this personal if you have nothing educational to add to this debate then don't respond.
exactly

Irvine, KY

#168 Mar 30, 2013
read it and weep Virg. That's tellin em Chris. Leave the personal out of it and discuss the topic, dam that to hard to ask? Now let the educational remarks fly..........

Location hidden

#169 Mar 30, 2013
Why does that preclude women from being armed to protect themselves against assault? That's the same logic that selfish people use when they say, "I can't have (whatever), so no one else can have (whatever) either".

It is a simple concept... women are adults... adults can and should be armed for protective purposes... children are not adults... they are not mature enough to be armed for protective purposes. Children can be taught basic gun skills, they can hunt and enjoy recreational target practice... but only under strict adult supervision. That's just common sense.

Women and men should both be armed so that they can protect themselves AND protect their children.
chris

Irvine, KY

#173 Mar 30, 2013
flag waving hippie wrote:
Why does that preclude women from being armed to protect themselves against assault? That's the same logic that selfish people use when they say, "I can't have (whatever), so no one else can have (whatever) either".
It is a simple concept... women are adults... adults can and should be armed for protective purposes... children are not adults... they are not mature enough to be armed for protective purposes. Children can be taught basic gun skills, they can hunt and enjoy recreational target practice... but only under strict adult supervision. That's just common sense.
Women and men should both be armed so that they can protect themselves AND protect their children.
I understand that every american within the sanctions of law has the right to arm themselves, and should do so. I am against any ban on any weapon, I think it should be up to the individual to decide what is and what isn't necessary. Now what about when children go to church or to a relatives house and the parents aren't aware that there is a sexual predator in the group, how can you teach them to react? What about step children that are told if they do not go along with what is happening they will be forced out of the family? What about seniors that are neglected and taken advantage of at assisted living homes? I am well aware that these types of scenarios are played out everyday and it leaves people scarred for life. Those are the people that need to be focused on, most people that are able to arm themselves and take a class usually wait until after they have been or know someone that has been a victim before they act. The whole "it will never happen to me" is far to common. I think sexual violence should be taught in preschool, people would be alarmed if they actually knew how many people have to live their lives with their head hung in shame because of what happened to them as a child.

Location hidden

#174 Mar 30, 2013
Ashley-N-Kyle 4 ever wrote:
<quoted text>What is it that nobody cares about Hippie?
Hey, coward:

It's funny how you cower in the shadows, afraid to identify yourself. You slink out of them on occasion to try to stir up things, get your posts deleted, and then slink back in fear. Do you enjoy living in such a state of fear that you'd be terrified if anyone had any idea who you were?

Location hidden

#175 Mar 30, 2013
This topic isnt about children being raped...you want to start a separate topic on that be my guest but dont come in here try to hijack this thread because you dont like what I say or how I go about it. Its painfully obvious this entire topic up until you came along was about adults.. you want to talk about pedophiles go to another thread. Your attempt to subvert the topic of discussion so that you can attack me and others simply wont work.
chris

Irvine, KY

#176 Mar 30, 2013
The Virg wrote:
This topic isnt about children being raped...you want to start a separate topic on that be my guest but dont come in here try to hijack this thread because you dont like what I say or how I go about it. Its painfully obvious this entire topic up until you came along was about adults.. you want to talk about pedophiles go to another thread. Your attempt to subvert the topic of discussion so that you can attack me and others simply wont work.
This entire topic up until I posted was about somebody trying to make KB's life hell by trying to guess his identity and somebody named "lib" arguing back and forth with FWH in a battle that can't be won. Nobody is being attacked and I don't know what world you are living in but everything in life is not about you, the earth's axis does not run through your yard. I have already stated that most adults wait until they are a victim before they act, they have options if they chose to go unarmed that is their choice. What you fail to understand is that I have seen first hand how rape can affect people, you cannot stop all acts of violence but there needs to be something done so after it happens people can have something to fall back on. Do you realize most victims of rape are afraid to speak out because a high percentage of times it is a family member or a highly respected member of an organization that is the one that commits the act of violence? Then guess what that person is never confronted let alone charged. I have made my point clear, more sexual assaults are carried out on younger people, they are the ones that need education. You are not a drop of water in my commode, let that be clear to you I am not here to insult you, disagree with you, or like you. I am here to offer my opinion based on things that I have seen happen in the past to people that need it. Again if you have nothing more to offer the people that read this than a fight about politics or your opinion on how "your" rights are being infringed then do not respond to me. This is a serious matter that should not be taken lightly and for you to try and turn everything around so it sounds like you are being attacked doesn't go far with me. I would love to see Estill Co. start some type of outreach program and have it available to people whether they have been a victim or not, everybody needs to be informed and it all starts with education.

Location hidden

#177 Mar 30, 2013
"Chris" This topic really isn't even about Rape its self... You want to talk about Rape, or Incest or Pedophilia then start your own damn topic about it.. This is about a matter of proper defense methods for victims and how the liberals want you to have to resort to human degredation in order for you to try to keep from being raped instead of being allowed to use the second amendment to defend themselves.. You aren't fooling anyone "Chris" you are trying to hijack this thread and Im not going to let you get away with it.

Location hidden

#178 Mar 30, 2013
"Chris" if you had bothered reading the whole damn discussion instead of what you wanted to read you would know what this discussion is about.. Not to mention the title of this thread is painfully obvious. OOOOOH I seen first hand.....OOOOOH Get out of here with your self righteous bullcrap and step off of your high horse and take it to your own thread about what YOU want to talk about.
Tad

Lexington, KY

#179 Mar 31, 2013
The Virg wrote:
"Chris" This topic really isn't even about Rape its self... You want to talk about Rape, or Incest or Pedophilia then start your own damn topic about it.. This is about a matter of proper defense methods for victims and how the liberals want you to have to resort to human degredation in order for you to try to keep from being raped instead of being allowed to use the second amendment to defend themselves.. You aren't fooling anyone "Chris" you are trying to hijack this thread and Im not going to let you get away with it.
What have we been talking about, this whole time!? The liberals aren't going to change anything that a little social-disobedience can't remedy. Now that's the true American pass-time. And ["resorting to human-degradation"] should be the last thing on these victim's minds when they're being... DEGRADED TO THE MOST EXTREME DEGREE HUMANLY POSSIBLE! Had to capslock that one. Just bite the jugular out, right? Or shoot the bastard... which may be easier said than done. Please, continue, "Chris"! Because what is this thread about, truly? Libs? What respect.

Location hidden

#180 Mar 31, 2013
Tad wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberals aren't going to change anything that a little social-disobedience can't remedy.
The difference is that now the "free speech zone" has bars and concrete surrounding it.
Lib

Somerset, KY

#181 Apr 1, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
This entire topic up until I posted was about somebody trying to make KB's life hell by trying to guess his identity and somebody named "lib" arguing back and forth with FWH in a battle that can't be won. Nobody is being attacked and I don't know what world you are living in but everything in life is not about you, the earth's axis does not run through your yard. I have already stated that most adults wait until they are a victim before they act, they have options if they chose to go unarmed that is their choice. What you fail to understand is that I have seen first hand how rape can affect people, you cannot stop all acts of violence but there needs to be something done so after it happens people can have something to fall back on. Do you realize most victims of rape are afraid to speak out because a high percentage of times it is a family member or a highly respected member of an organization that is the one that commits the act of violence? Then guess what that person is never confronted let alone charged. I have made my point clear, more sexual assaults are carried out on younger people, they are the ones that need education. You are not a drop of water in my commode, let that be clear to you I am not here to insult you, disagree with you, or like you. I am here to offer my opinion based on things that I have seen happen in the past to people that need it. Again if you have nothing more to offer the people that read this than a fight about politics or your opinion on how "your" rights are being infringed then do not respond to me. This is a serious matter that should not be taken lightly and for you to try and turn everything around so it sounds like you are being attacked doesn't go far with me. I would love to see Estill Co. start some type of outreach program and have it available to people whether they have been a victim or not, everybody needs to be informed and it all starts with education.
I completely agree, I tried this approach early on & of course got the same thing.

4 out of 10 women will experience rape at some point in their life. Being a woman that's some scary statistics. As you pointed out it's usually done as a child or by someone they know (date rape) and so on.

Those little boys that were raped by the Priests didn't stand a chance. With so many blended homes these days children's safety nets are infiltrated by anybody and everybody.

Those who were abused grow up to abuse unless there's some intersession & alcohol and drugs contribute.

The rank stupidity of anyone believing that someone being raped would not use whatever force they had to stop this monster isn't fathomable to me. Survival is our most basic human instinct.

Having said that the same stupidity applies to anyone who believes that any one of us is carrying a gun at all times.

These are the people you are trying to have a conversation with. In their minds there are no solutions nor do they think outside their box.

If you removed their guns they do not fell safe enough to go to Priceless much less venture as far as Richmond to a movie without a gun. That is a fact, that they have posted over and over probably on this very thread.

So if your looking for help and ideas for our community to keep children from becoming some goon's sexual prey or a free Self Defense Class for Women or Teens, you're wasting your time with them.

I think you can see what their answer is. Of course I always have to laugh because rape is usually an element of surprise, AND the rapist is usually armed.

Location hidden

#182 Apr 1, 2013
The statements "it's usually done as a child or by someone they know"... and... "rape is usually an element of surprise and the rapist is usually armed"... are somewhat contradictory.

More likely is that it occurs systematically over a period of time using psychological intimidation, enticement, and manipulation methods rather than physical force or weapon (although sometimes all methods are used). The victim has a standing (albeit toxic) relationship with the perpetrator and there is more an element of dread than of surprise.

Location hidden

#183 Apr 1, 2013
Welcome back "Lib", like "Chris" you aren't going to be successful in your attempt to subvert the subject of discussion. You want to talk about Rape itsself or Pedophilia then go make your own thread.. Until then, this thread is about whether grown adults should use a gun to repel their would be rapist, or if they should do what liberals support which is to piss and vomit and deficate on themselves as a means of defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irvine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min ChromiuMan 132,265
Tracy Powell 2 hr Angel 9
michaels restaurant (Apr '12) 2 hr latoyia 73
Matt Johnson is back in jail now (Oct '10) 3 hr latoyia 43
Estill County needs a right to work law 3 hr Mr Educator 11
Social Services ( Child Protection) (Sep '10) 5 hr Dont you 96
arrest of kristopher o. estes 14 hr jail 1
Irvine Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Irvine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Irvine News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Irvine

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:46 pm PST

Bleacher Report10:46PM
AFC Wild Card 2015: Bengals vs. Colts, Ravens vs. Steelers Early Preview
NBC Sports12:50 AM
Colts cap 11-win season with 27-10 win over Titans - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:35 AM
A.J. Green in concussion protocol
Bleacher Report 3:23 AM
Coby Fleener Realizing His Potential, Developing into Solid TE for Colts Offense
NFL 3:54 AM
Mike Tomlin downplays spat with Reggie Nelson