bootleggers ! all of them !

bootleggers ! all of them !

Posted in the Irvine Forum

mee

Savannah, GA

#2 Jan 12, 2009
why would you complain about that
anita hardwon

Lexington, KY

#3 Jan 12, 2009
i don't understand why you care so much about what goes on in irvine if you don't live here. granted the problems that go on here are bad and not being taken care of but as a resident of estill county, i don't feel like your opinions count. if you don't live here why do you worry so much about what everyone does?
and

United States

#4 Jan 12, 2009
so what, no matter what they do it will always go on!
Concerned

United States

#6 Jan 13, 2009
I am a concerned parent of Irvine, and I know that there is not only a bootlegging problem, but also a drug problem, in Estill County. It is sad that we live in a time where our children know where a bootlegger or drug dealer live by the time they get out of grade school. I am trying to raise my children to believe that they are too good for that stuff, and they have big dreams. If we can raise our children to know they don't need to use alcohol and drugs to have fun and a good time, then we can begin to eliminate the demand...and run the bootleggers and drug dealers out of our community.
Concerned

United States

#8 Jan 13, 2009
We need more for our children to be involved in than is available in Irvine. For some, drugs and alcohol are the only "pasttime" they can find. My children will be raised to be aware of the dangers, but will be confident enough in themselves to know they don't have to conform to fit in with friends. True friends would not want you to harm yourself or put others in harms way.
Slander Hater

United States

#9 Jan 15, 2009
Morons, people are going to get alcohol anyway. Either by going to richmond or bootlegger.It would make more sense just to legalize alcohol so that the money stayed here boosting Irvine's weak economy.
hum

Prestonsburg, KY

#10 Jan 15, 2009
Concerned wrote:
I am a concerned parent of Irvine, and I know that there is not only a bootlegging problem, but also a drug problem, in Estill County. It is sad that we live in a time where our children know where a bootlegger or drug dealer live by the time they get out of grade school. I am trying to raise my children to believe that they are too good for that stuff, and they have big dreams. If we can raise our children to know they don't need to use alcohol and drugs to have fun and a good time, then we can begin to eliminate the demand...and run the bootleggers and drug dealers out of our community.
Sweetie, I hate to burst your bubble but the reason kids know where the drug dealers and the bootleggers are is because they are taken there by their PARENTS! To set a good example your have to be a good example. Children don't do what you say they do what you do. So, if you are teaching your children morals then they will grow up to be great adults, however, there are alot of parents that are purchasing alcohol and dope in the presence of their children. What kind of example do they think they are setting for their kids? All kids deserve a fighting chance they do not deserve to be born addicted to drugs or have alcohol fetal syndrome. As well as they don't deserve to see the parents setting the example that will shape their own lives by doing drugs and abusing alcohol in front of them! Until the laws get stricter and they start terminating these parents rights and quit giving the kids back to them then nothing is going to change. Yes you can blame the bootleggers and the drug dealers if you want but parenting begins at home and you can't parent if your a dopehead!
Slander Hater

United States

#11 Jan 15, 2009
I completly agree with u about drugs and yes it is terrible that parents do such a thing around their kids but im just saying theres nothing that can b done about alcohol bootleggers except legalize it and keep that money here to help Irvine economy
hum

Prestonsburg, KY

#12 Jan 15, 2009
I agree with you I think legalizing it would probably help Irvine's economy,however, for the people who abuse it that only makes it more accesible to them. The only way to deal with alcohol is to tax the hell out of it like they are doing cigarettes. Make it harder to afford! But, then the crime rate in Estill county would get even worse because people would start stealing more to support their habits. Just like prescription medications you have to have a prescription to get those but people still get their hands on the pills and abuse them. It wouldn't matter if alcohol was legal or not the people who are addicted would still abuse it. The bootleggers would still sell it a few cents cheaper and get those people who don't want to run into the law anyway. Even if you legalized it don't think it would put the bootleggers out of business. AND quite frankly I would like to see them all locked up and the keys thrown away! But honestly don't believe that will ever happen.
laughing

Zoe, KY

#13 Aug 18, 2009
laughing out loud on this one
well

Saint Simons Island, GA

#14 Aug 18, 2009
Concerned wrote:
We need more for our children to be involved in than is available in Irvine. For some, drugs and alcohol are the only "pasttime" they can find. My children will be raised to be aware of the dangers, but will be confident enough in themselves to know they don't have to conform to fit in with friends. True friends would not want you to harm yourself or put others in harms way.
whatever when we was growing up there was notihn g to do so we wroked our asses off kept us outta trouble and gave us spending money no drugs or booze so dont give them excuses for boozing and drugsssssssssss
lol

Prestonsburg, KY

#15 Aug 18, 2009
well wrote:
<quoted text>whatever when we was growing up there was notihn g to do so we wroked our asses off kept us outta trouble and gave us spending money no drugs or booze so dont give them excuses for boozing and drugsssssssssss
Amen..........I had to work my butt off too didn't have the time or the energy to do anything else!
And If I had even thought about it my dad would have put a boot in my ass and he would not have cared what anyone else had to say about it!!

Be a parent people quit using drugs and alcohol as excuses for not parenting your children. Know what your kids are doing and where they are be their parents for pete's sake and not their friends!!

Make them be accountable for their actions instead of condoning them! Lead by example if you want your child to be a responsible adult then try being one yourself and demand respect from them and set guidelines and boundaries for them and enforce them!

Our kids are worth saving so be the parent for a change!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irvine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min DISSIDENT 166,318
To the Democrats of Estill County 11 hr heehee 18
Any one know DeeAnna Abney? From drip Rock! 13 hr Ashley 1
MotorCycle Club (Jan '09) 21 hr Coffelt25 230
Name a murderer Thu Worried 10
has anyone seen hank spicer (Aug '15) Wed silly willy 8
Sarah Beth Terry Wed Mouse 3

Irvine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Irvine Mortgages