Columbia, SC

#5 Feb 16, 2009
he isn't all that great shoeing horses
david

Kennesaw, GA

#6 Feb 17, 2009
im just me wrote:
he isn't all that great shoeing horses
yea i have to agree with you he came to shoe one of my horses for me once before and he acted like he was scared to death!!!!!!
irvineite69

London, KY

#7 Feb 17, 2009
david wrote:
<quoted text> yea i have to agree with you he came to shoe one of my horses for me once before and he acted like he was scared to death!!!!!!
yeah he aint nuthin but a little asa witt with a nasty a** woman
omg

Kennesaw, GA

#8 Feb 17, 2009
irvineite69 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah he aint nuthin but a little asa witt with a nasty a** woman
yeap him and asa are exactly the same.... i tried to send one of my rocky's to clay to break and he had some little kid trying to break it and they beat my horse so i hope none of yall make that mistake
Horses are the greatest

Manchester, KY

#9 Feb 19, 2009
I have horses and would never allow anyone to hurt them and i use Mansfield all the time. He's been a farrier for several years now and i've heard MANY of the horses he shod have won a lot of horse shows, RM, KMSHA, UMH, etc. Anytime he's shod a horse for us if we were not satified or hand any issues all we had to do was call and he was there immediately to review the issue. I've also heard people are so impressed with his horse shoeing that several horse farms from other states are trying to contract him to tour the show circuits with them. He may act like he's a little skiddish now but he's got a VERY good reason: he got kicked directly in the FACE around a year or so ago and broke several bones in his face (i know i would have a QUICK career change if that had been me). NOT that a person's work should be judge by who he's married to BUT: his wife seems very nice, I've seen her at many shows and on the job with her husband and she's never snobbed anyone. They seem extremely happy together and have an absolutely adorable baby. So to sum this all up if you need a horse shod i would CALL HIM. I say judge his work for yourself, that's the only way you will really know the truth.
im just me

Columbia, SC

#10 Feb 19, 2009
Horses are the greatest wrote:
I have horses and would never allow anyone to hurt them and i use Mansfield all the time. He's been a farrier for several years now and i've heard MANY of the horses he shod have won a lot of horse shows, RM, KMSHA, UMH, etc. Anytime he's shod a horse for us if we were not satified or hand any issues all we had to do was call and he was there immediately to review the issue. I've also heard people are so impressed with his horse shoeing that several horse farms from other states are trying to contract him to tour the show circuits with them. He may act like he's a little skiddish now but he's got a VERY good reason: he got kicked directly in the FACE around a year or so ago and broke several bones in his face (i know i would have a QUICK career change if that had been me). NOT that a person's work should be judge by who he's married to BUT: his wife seems very nice, I've seen her at many shows and on the job with her husband and she's never snobbed anyone. They seem extremely happy together and have an absolutely adorable baby. So to sum this all up if you need a horse shod i would CALL HIM. I say judge his work for yourself, that's the only way you will really know the truth.
i did have him come and shoe my horse, when he was putting the shoe on he put the nail in the wrong place and now every time my new farrier works with him he acts up on that foot because he remembers what clay did to him, and he tried to sedate my horse to shoe him, thankfully i found someone that doesn't believe in that, and can actually handle my horse.
Horses are the greatest

Manchester, KY

#11 Feb 19, 2009
I'm sorry to hear about that about your, I hate when any animal is hurt. But I'm sure he's not the only farrier to ever make a mistake. As far as I know (and believe) there has only been one to walk this earth that perfect. And as far as sedating you horse I cannot comment on because I know that I have heard of horses that sedating was only way they could be shod, I'm just glad to say I have never owned a horse or other animal like that.
youdont nohim

London, KY

#12 Feb 19, 2009
you better watch yourself, he will put one of those horseshoes up your big ass you big pu**y. come on here and say who you are.
soooooo

London, KY

#13 Feb 19, 2009
who cares
Horses are the greatest

Manchester, KY

#14 Feb 20, 2009
soooooo wrote:
who cares
Obviously you don't have not read this entire post. The person looking for farrier "cares" and Clay "cares" because this is his "name on the line" and his "lively hood". Soooo, you may not CARE but others do. Please try to read a post and respond accordingly.
big d baddy

United States

#15 Feb 20, 2009
i did read all of the post and you are so wrong about clay. if you want someone who really knows what the hell is going on get charlie moland he has been around horses all of his life he is not scared of anything or anybody he will do the job right the first time you want need to call him back he is the best farrier around
live and let live

Manchester, KY

#16 Feb 20, 2009
I too have read this post and it worries me that something like this could ruin a person's JOB, the way he or she feeds and takes care of their family. Some are so cruel that they actually laugh when bad things happen to others and then can't stop the tears and wonder "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME" when things go wrong for them. I'm sure there are a lot of good and bad farriers out there, each person will just need to decide who they want to use, WITHOUT ruining another person reputation and job. This post says Mr Mansfield has a wife and kid and I'm sure many of the other farriers do also. Before you write something for everyone to read remember "you reap what you fold x's 2". So with the ecomony the way it is, let's just hope we can all "reap good", that would me we are all "doing good".
live and let live

Manchester, KY

#17 Feb 20, 2009
To clarify: "You reap what you sew by 2 folds" Sorry about leaving some words out.
haaaaaaaaaaa

Manchester, KY

#18 Feb 26, 2009
i heard he done alright with horses
hart

Bloomington, IN

#20 Aug 18, 2010
Horses are the greatest wrote:
i agree we have usede clay for years he does a great job of traaining anf shoeing in fact as we live in indiana our other farrier says he does a great job too he has always been fair with us
hart

Bloomington, IN

#21 Aug 18, 2010
clay mansfield has always done a great job shoeing and training for us. we can always agree to disagree but come out with a great horse
he has fixed several that were ruined by other "trainers" then agin u cannot always please everyone but we give him and veronica a big yahoo and recommend him to our clients

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irvine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Rose 1 hr omg 1
The Fifth Column (Jun '11) 2 hr We want truth 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr yabadabado 135,676
What happened to Leslie McCoy? How did he die? 6 hr Matt 1
If you were mayor for a day... 6 hr batter up 11
Dolly Estes 8 hr why 8
drug dealing in the Irvine Stop and Shop parkin... (Feb '12) 9 hr What 13
More from around the web

Irvine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]