First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Obama

London, KY

#1 Nov 6, 2012
Everyone get out today and get this guy out of office!!! We can't afford 4 more years of this.
Unknown

Irvine, KY

#2 Nov 7, 2012
Why is it we can't afford Obama but people think that Romney would have been a better choice? I mean sure for the rich millionaires that would have been tax free (pretty much). Someone who would take school grants and loans away from potential lawyers, doctors, etc. Someone who planned to take health care away from everyone over the age of 55. My mother worked as a nurse for 30+ years. She had to have knee replacements which caused her to lose her job. So if Romney was elected my mother would suffer, only because she is 54 and doesn't make 200,000 a year. Excuse me if I am a little happy that my mother gets to keep her health care and that i know my son will be able to attend college if I am unable to pay out of pocket.
mammabear

Mansfield, OH

#3 Nov 7, 2012
I am glad Obama won. Many people would be hurting if Romney had been elected. Cuts to the many places that help poor people would hurt so many people.
Our unions would have been hurting since Romney is not for the unions we stood a chance of losing our unions and pensions we worked so hard for.
A man as rich as Romney does not know how the rest of us live. He knows nothing about living from paycheck to paycheck as so many of us do.
The USA was near being in a depression when he first took office.
I for one am glad Obama was re-elected.
Barry Soetoro

Crossett, AR

#4 Nov 7, 2012
I like the part where I got even you racists whites to vote for me dame it surely is good to be a black man in white America...Whats crackrlacken my peoples?

“I been hangin' on every word.”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#5 Nov 7, 2012
Unknown wrote:
Why is it we can't afford Obama but people think that Romney would have been a better choice? I mean sure for the rich millionaires that would have been tax free (pretty much). Someone who would take school grants and loans away from potential lawyers, doctors, etc. Someone who planned to take health care away from everyone over the age of 55. My mother worked as a nurse for 30+ years. She had to have knee replacements which caused her to lose her job. So if Romney was elected my mother would suffer, only because she is 54 and doesn't make 200,000 a year. Excuse me if I am a little happy that my mother gets to keep her health care and that i know my son will be able to attend college if I am unable to pay out of pocket.
None of these things are actually true. I might as well say that Obama plans to crucify the rich in the streets, give golden bars to union members, and kill/skin all white males and use them as jackets for minorities.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6 Nov 8, 2012
The day after the election, gas prices went up and the stock market tumbled. Hold on tight, people, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Your unions won't mean diddly when the companies they hold hostage bite the dust. And if you think being in a union guarantees a union-protected retirement, think again. The current trend is for companies to dump off their retirees' health plans and reduce or eliminate benefits... and the courts are allowing it. The unions have bled the companies dry and cannot sustain as-is... so they crap all over their retirees... they consider their retirees to be a parasitic drain on resources and as such, expendable. Look it up... retirees are losing benefit lawsuits all over the place.
free money

Pikeville, KY

#7 Nov 8, 2012
im glad he got elected.now i get to keep my check and food stamps.i do pretty good with obamas plan.altogether i draw about 40 grand a yr,and the only work i have to do is walk to the mailbox and drive to the bank.i love america.obama has been good to me.ha ha ha.gotta go to grocery store and get me some t bones for supper.later suckers

“Relax. Its just a ride.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#8 Nov 8, 2012
flag waving hippie wrote:
The day after the election, gas prices went up and the stock market tumbled. Hold on tight, people, it's going to be a bumpy ride!
Your unions won't mean diddly when the companies they hold hostage bite the dust. And if you think being in a union guarantees a union-protected retirement, think again. The current trend is for companies to dump off their retirees' health plans and reduce or eliminate benefits... and the courts are allowing it. The unions have bled the companies dry and cannot sustain as-is... so they crap all over their retirees... they consider their retirees to be a parasitic drain on resources and as such, expendable. Look it up... retirees are losing benefit lawsuits all over the place.
Wait a minute. Companies routinely mistreat their loyalist and most senior employees before they retire and unions are to blame? Kind of a stretch don't you think? Couldn't it just as easily be argued that the behavior of these corporations are the obvious product of diminished union strength and membership?

“Relax. Its just a ride.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#9 Nov 8, 2012
free money wrote:
im glad he got elected.now i get to keep my check and food stamps.i do pretty good with obamas plan.altogether i draw about 40 grand a yr,and the only work i have to do is walk to the mailbox and drive to the bank.i love america.obama has been good to me.ha ha ha.gotta go to grocery store and get me some t bones for supper.later suckers
You know thats kind of funny. There is a proven correlation between food stamp dependency and the likelihood of a county voting red.

“I been hangin' on every word.”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#10 Nov 8, 2012
Cornliquor Federation wrote:
Couldn't it just as easily be argued that the behavior of these corporations are the obvious product of diminished union strength and membership?
Unions are currently trying to pass Card-Check--where they have the right to know the name and home address of every person who won't vote for the union. And considering the criminal activity of many of today's unions, the last thing I want is a union mob boss coming to my door in the middle of the night with his buddies to "kindly explain" to me why I am going to sign the union card.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#11 Nov 8, 2012
Cornliquor Federation wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute. Companies routinely mistreat their loyalist and most senior employees before they retire and unions are to blame? Kind of a stretch don't you think? Couldn't it just as easily be argued that the behavior of these corporations are the obvious product of diminished union strength and membership?
I did not say "before they retire". I said "retiree" which means already retired. You simply chose to inject your own meaning and start your own unrelated argument instead of addressing the issue that was put forth. Thank goodness no one expected anything different from you.

The unions accepted monies and demanded voting loyalty for decades. Promising them hassle-free retirement benefits in return. But they did not put the proper legal protections in place to keep the retirees "safe" when their companies raped their benefits smack-dab in the middle of their happy golden years. Like I said, research it. I am close to someone who was affected by this travesty. Unions promise things we now know they cannot deliver. Unions suck.
here we go

Irvine, KY

#12 Nov 8, 2012
I will tell anybody a good union is the way to go, and yes unlike you all I can speak from experience. I was a member of the UAW local 912, and there is no mob boss, and the only thing the card check is for is so you don't have to have an official vote to get a union in a factory, as long as you sign the card it counts. The reason is when the people higher up in a factory hear of a union rally, they will find a reason to fire everyone involved, do a Google on why Walmart has security cameras, it is not for the customers but to see the groups of people organizing. Those big monthly union dues that people speak of are exactly 2 hours of my pay per month, yes that is it, a half hour a week of my pay gets me a 4 year contract, cheaper insurance and a guaranteed raise every quarter of the year for the next 4 years or 2 years however long we vote on. Our union also got us the right to only be mandatory to work 2 Saturdays a month, you think that is not important ask some of the people that work at Tokicko how they like working 6 and 7 days a week 12 hours a day. A good union is the best thing to ever happen to the working man, company's hate them because it gives their people a leg to stand on and a supervisor cannot fire somebody for just cause. Even after you are fired if you can prove you where in the right, the union will fight and get your job back, does this sound like mean dirty unfit people to you now? Anybody that can sit back and bad mouth a union has never worked for one, do a little research on what type of severance package those people that got laid off in Detroit got, then think back to the last time you got laid off and compare and see who got the better end of the deal, not only that a union will do more to keep the people in the workplace safe and make sure they return home at the end of the day, most places don't give one damn about their employees all they want is more labor for a cheaper wage.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13 Nov 8, 2012
Just wait until you're old and gray and the company and the union doesn't need you anymore. You will sing a different tune when they raid your benefit closet because you just don't matter to them anymore. You will become a burden to them, an infected limb they need to cut loose in order to finance their current agenda. You can wake up and start preparing for it now or you can go ahead living in fantasy-land until they yank the magic benefit carpet from under you.
here we go

Irvine, KY

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Again, you have not a clue as to what you are talking about, the company and the union are two different things with two different agendas. Tell me again, how many factory's have you worked for, and how many of them had the support of a good union? How many times where you facing termination for some BS reason strictly because your supervisor didn't like you and your union rep filed a grievance on it and got it stopped? Can you speak from any experience or do you have nothing more than he said she said? Most generally I refuse to even make a comment on this trashy web site but I will not stand by and let uneducated, unaware gossiping trash talking people such as yourself that have no experience or any knowledge to back what they are saying set back and ruin someones reputation when I know damn good and well how important a good union is to a working class family. Do you realize that under my union I was paid in low 20's on the hr, my insurance for blue cross was never over 30 dollars a week, and we was guaranteed 4 years of work without the company being able to close down and move, if they did they had to continue to pay us. So now tell me what other factory around here can you walk into with that to look forward to? A person such as yourself are the type of people that would sit back and bad mouth a union but if you worked in a place that had one you would drain it dry trying to take every kind of full advantage of it, that is if you would even work at all, giving your opinion on unions I highly doubt you have spent any amount of time earning a good wage if you have you would understand how hard it is to find a place with the above type of benefits and would understand that not just any place you walk into offers that to their employees.

“Relax. Its just a ride.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#15 Nov 9, 2012
here we go wrote:
Again, you have not a clue as to what you are talking about, the company and the union are two different things with two different agendas. Tell me again, how many factory's have you worked for, and how many of them had the support of a good union? How many times where you facing termination for some BS reason strictly because your supervisor didn't like you and your union rep filed a grievance on it and got it stopped? Can you speak from any experience or do you have nothing more than he said she said? Most generally I refuse to even make a comment on this trashy web site but I will not stand by and let uneducated, unaware gossiping trash talking people such as yourself that have no experience or any knowledge to back what they are saying set back and ruin someones reputation when I know damn good and well how important a good union is to a working class family. Do you realize that under my union I was paid in low 20's on the hr, my insurance for blue cross was never over 30 dollars a week, and we was guaranteed 4 years of work without the company being able to close down and move, if they did they had to continue to pay us. So now tell me what other factory around here can you walk into with that to look forward to? A person such as yourself are the type of people that would sit back and bad mouth a union but if you worked in a place that had one you would drain it dry trying to take every kind of full advantage of it, that is if you would even work at all, giving your opinion on unions I highly doubt you have spent any amount of time earning a good wage if you have you would understand how hard it is to find a place with the above type of benefits and would understand that not just any place you walk into offers that to their employees.
Right on. This is exactly what I'm talking about. I've worked Union and non Union factory jobs. I can say from EXPERIENCE that a union is definitely a positive thing and the modern worker and the economy at large could benefit from expanded union membership.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#16 Nov 9, 2012
Unions are for people without the basic skills or motivation to hold down a job on their own. The only other people in them are the dues-chasers and the few decent people who roll with it until they find a way out. Just another example of gimme-gimme mentality. You will never change my mind about it, so save your deceit and platitudes for someone who gives a damn. Unions suck.
here we go

Irvine, KY

#17 Nov 9, 2012
I am not here to change your mind, I am here to give my opinion on the matter, in which I have personal experience, and can make such an opinion based on facts. People out there that may be making a decision on a union don't need to be persuaded by people like you that have no truth behind their sayings. Unions are for people without basic skills or motivation to hold a job on their own is what you said, the thing you lack to realize is without a union it doesn't matter how much skill or determination a man or women has they are still a number, and without skill and a union they can bribe, steal, and screw their way to the top. A union cuts all that out, everybody is equal, everybody has the same rights, everybody has the same opportunity to advance and get more pay based off of skills not who they know or who they slept with. I guess you failed to read my other post about "dues" nobody is going to complain about giving up a half hour of their check a week to get the benefits they receive, and again if you had facts and knew how the process worked you would no there is no such thing as a due chaser, and the whole comity is elected by vote of the employees, so if someone is in and being dirty, they get voted out. Not like a dirty Human Resources person with a hard on for firing people in a non union factory that people could vote out, see if it where he would know when he came in that he could not accept bribes or trades for peoples jobs, and you may not think that kind of thing happens but it does. So with all that being said I think its fair to say no, unions do not suck, you suck.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18 Nov 9, 2012
You're firmly planted up some union's ass, that is clear for all to see. Too bad you don't have the skills to negotiate your own career path. You'd rather bind yourself over to a corrupt machine that does the thinking for you. You have to drag along through life firmly attached to a surrogate-mommy teat. Weak, feeble existence, always following, never leading, no control of your own destiny. Sucks for you. See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!

“Relax. Its just a ride.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19 Nov 9, 2012
flag waving hippie wrote:
Unions are for people without the basic skills or motivation to hold down a job on their own. The only other people in them are the dues-chasers and the few decent people who roll with it until they find a way out. Just another example of gimme-gimme mentality. You will never change my mind about it, so save your deceit and platitudes for someone who gives a damn. Unions suck.
Spoken like an obvious troll and someone completely oblivious to what a real job is all about.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#20 Nov 9, 2012
Cornliquor Federation wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like an obvious troll and someone completely oblivious to what a real job is all about.
Using your standard "I don't have anything meaningful to add" approach again, I see. Also known as the "everyone I disagree with is a troll" approach. You know I'm right, you just have to pretend you don't in order to justify your bad behavior. If I put my work history up against anyone else's here... in most cases I'd be a shoo-in to win. I say "most cases" because I personally know some of the other posters here who also work their asses off ... all without the assistance of a union. Imagine that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irvine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min Paul 169,942
County clerk Sherry Fox needs to retire 9 hr Beach fun 15
Sheriff Gary Freeman retiring! SWEET! 12 hr Bull crap 4
"Crystal Newton" What happened. Bill or ? (Apr '10) Fri Minorkle 27
Last night's school board meeting on YOU TUBE Fri informed 1
End nepotism in the Estill County school system!! Nov 17 Also informed 4
Old Roy Nov 16 informed 2

Irvine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Irvine Mortgages