Providence Church at Winston

Providence Church at Winston

Posted in the Irvine Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sad

London, KY

#1 Sep 10, 2012
They are trying to stop the vote to legalize beer sales in Estill County.
good

London, KY

#2 Sep 10, 2012
Sad wrote:
They are trying to stop the vote to legalize beer sales in Estill County.
Good for them. Thankyou for sharing. I will have to send them a letter of support for not supporting!!!!!
Come on

United States

#3 Sep 11, 2012
Democracy
hmm

London, KY

#4 Sep 11, 2012
Providence is full of old fashioned geezers. 65 is young in that church. What these geezers can't see is how this community is losing money to Richmond and Winchester. Too many local murders due to bootleggers having to go underground.
whoa

Irvine, KY

#5 Sep 11, 2012
hmm wrote:
Providence is full of old fashioned geezers. 65 is young in that church. What these geezers can't see is how this community is losing money to Richmond and Winchester. Too many local murders due to bootleggers having to go underground.
Have you never stopped to think when you are calling older folks old geezers, that someday you will be old. Shame on you.
Look

Irvine, KY

#6 Sep 11, 2012
hmm wrote:
Providence is full of old fashioned geezers. 65 is young in that church. What these geezers can't see is how this community is losing money to Richmond and Winchester. Too many local murders due to bootleggers having to go underground.
I only know a couple of people who attend church there, but I am glad the churches are standing their ground. I don't attend there, and I'm far from 65, but old enough to vote. So in the December wet/dry election that will cost our county thousands of dollars that could be better spent else where,I will be voting no.
Agree

Irvine, KY

#7 Sep 11, 2012
Before condeming the church for standing their ground and defending their beliefs stop and think about the good things they have done for this community. Not too long ago they gave away FREE clothes to school children. What did you do?
Screw them

London, KY

#8 Sep 12, 2012
They act like Pharisees. Self righteous. Hypocrites. They make a big show. Satan loves self righteous people. I have seen my share of small town self righteous fake Christians here. No wonder we have a drug problem. They built a big building to show off when the money could have been used for better reasons. I know some of these Pharisees at Winston (not all of them are like that). They are ALL talk. There is nothing Christian about these people. Organized Churches are often pathways Satan uses to deceive. The non organized groups are more focused on Jesus and less on their group.
Screw them

London, KY

#9 Sep 12, 2012
Would their Saviour be welcome in such a narrow minded bigoted church stuck in the 1800s?
Honest Abe

Irvine, KY

#10 Sep 12, 2012
Some of you folks are real retards. You fuss and petition until you get a vote on alcohol and then get mad and call people names because they dont agree with your way of thinking. Wasnt this all about letting the voters choose? If the voters choose no alchohol sales like I suspect they will. who are you going to blame? After all it is the voters that choose, and churches are alot more organized and alot more motivated to vote than the general public...think about it! P,S..sit around and talk sh*t about churches and church people and Karma will bite your buttocks.....HARD!
asking

London, KY

#11 Sep 12, 2012
Real Christians don't use the S word on a message board. Not that there many real Christians anymore. Jesus did turn water into wine.
really

Irvine, KY

#12 Sep 13, 2012
asking wrote:
Real Christians don't use the S word on a message board. Not that there many real Christians anymore. Jesus did turn water into wine.
What do "real christians" do? You seem to be an expert on salvation and beer.
really

Irvine, KY

#13 Sep 13, 2012
Screw them wrote:
They act like Pharisees. Self righteous. Hypocrites. They make a big show. Satan loves self righteous people. I have seen my share of small town self righteous fake Christians here. No wonder we have a drug problem. They built a big building to show off when the money could have been used for better reasons. I know some of these Pharisees at Winston (not all of them are like that). They are ALL talk. There is nothing Christian about these people. Organized Churches are often pathways Satan uses to deceive. The non organized groups are more focused on Jesus and less on their group.
So churches and Christians are the causes of the huge drug problem in the county?Thats a new one that I am sure that a lot of people don't know.Whats your solution to this Christian prblem?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#14 Sep 13, 2012
There is no difference between saying sh*t, poop, dung, t*rd, feces, stool, crap. Just different slang terms for the same old fecal matter. Anyone that thinks otherwise is simply sweating the small stuff. As long as you're not slinging it (figuratively or literally) directly at someone in order to create strife, grief, or pain... God has more important matters to attend to. In my experience, the same people that believe there is a difference in synonymous terms are the same people that think He cares what you wear to church. Jesus wore a baggy robe and sandals, not haute couture. STOP nit-picking the insignificant details!
Irvinite

Irvine, KY

#15 Sep 13, 2012
asking wrote:
Real Christians don't use the S word on a message board. Not that there many real Christians anymore. Jesus did turn water into wine.
Not in estill county he didn't lol
chris

Irvine, KY

#16 Sep 13, 2012
Honest Abe wrote:
Some of you folks are real retards. You fuss and petition until you get a vote on alcohol and then get mad and call people names because they dont agree with your way of thinking. Wasnt this all about letting the voters choose? If the voters choose no alchohol sales like I suspect they will. who are you going to blame? After all it is the voters that choose, and churches are alot more organized and alot more motivated to vote than the general public...think about it! P,S..sit around and talk sh*t about churches and church people and Karma will bite your buttocks.....HARD!
Churches are organized? I remember when I wasn't old enough to make my own decisions and I was forced to go to church with my mam-aw and I can remember the entire ride there of how she would be talking about how so and so couldn't sing in the right tune, or how she hoped one person didn't lead us in prayer because she didn't do it the right way or how she thought the preacher was making eyes at her while greeting us with a firm hand shake on the way in. As for the ride home it was about how someones cologne was to loud and how one family was going to hell because there grand kids colored while service was going on and then about how she felt like the preacher was calling her out because he preached on wearing make up and slacks, so what blows my mind is how a congregation of people that can't get along in one room for 2 hours but have enough gall to band together to block the sale of alcohol in a town that we all must share and pay taxes on. If a family living in Irvine chooses not to attend church, they do not have to petition to get the building turned into another family dollar, they simply do not go. If you do not want to drink a beer then when you walk in shell mart go to the pepsi isle instead of the beer cave. Every damn saturday throughout the summer when I get up early so I can go to town to get gas to mow my yard I have to sit in traffic at every red light in Irvine because of a church taking up money for something, I guarantee that by blocking the road for hours to collect money is more of a traffic hazard than someone leaving a restaurant after having a beer with there steak dinner. The people that are going to drink beer/liquor in there homes are going to buy it anyway, so why do you want to give madison co or clark co more of our money? Can you imagine what type of business the restaurant under the bridge could have if they where wet and had like a thursday night bike night? That place would boom, and if Irvine's finest would do there job with sobriety check points around the city limits not to many people would risk a dui, then we could have more jobs because people would once again have a need for a taxi. How nice would it be to have a dance night at the fair born with a live band and draft beer, after it closed late at night shell mart and subway would turn a thousand dollars with everybody leaving and buying pop gas and cigarettes on the way home. Do people ever give this a thought or do you just automatically assume that if Irvine is wet it will be over ran with chaos and anarchy? When I work third shift I am absolutely terrified to drive to work on Friday and Saturday night because of all the intoxicated people coming down 52, if it was to be kept local people could use a taxi, or have a friend come to town to get them or people wouldn't have to leave a party or a card game to drive to richmond they could have a friend drive them 5 mins to town vs taking a chance driving all the way to Richmond. I just get disgusted with the "I am right you are wrong" attitude, nobody gives this a rational thought. This should provide hours of entertainment for you all to bash on and tell me how wrong I am so fire away, if you took the time to read my post I will take the time to consider your thoughts and ideas as well.

Since: Aug 12

Irvine, KY

#17 Sep 13, 2012
I think you pretty much summed it up Chris! Wonder what people will say when Estill does go wet? I should probably move...LOL!!!
Honest Abe

Irvine, KY

#18 Sep 14, 2012
I never said I was for or against it. In fact I haven't even decided how I will vote when the time comes....I just don't get how people can sit and bash churches just because they are against sales of alcohol. The petition was to let the voters choose. And now they will choose. So why bash the church goers? They all aren't bad.
chris

Irvine, KY

#19 Sep 14, 2012
Honest Abe wrote:
I never said I was for or against it. In fact I haven't even decided how I will vote when the time comes....I just don't get how people can sit and bash churches just because they are against sales of alcohol. The petition was to let the voters choose. And now they will choose. So why bash the church goers? They all aren't bad.
the same why that all the church goers bash everybody that wants to be able to buy alcohol in Estill Co. Not all of us are alcoholics, just the same as not all church members are hypocrites, not everybody voting wet will kill people because of drunk driving, just like not all church goers will go to hell for gambling at the bingo hall Saturday night then rushing home in time to make it to Sunday school. This entire debate is unnecessary, this town we all live in should be shared and should be equal, but even if it goes wet there will still be 4 churches to 1 place to buy alcohol. The churches are so quick to bash the sale of alcohol and all they are doing is putting there nose in everybody else's business. Like I said if I do not want to go to church I have the option to go but also have the option to not go, so why can't they give us the option to have our beer and if they don't like beer they can have the option to not be around it. They are the ones that bash people and get by with it simply because they are "church" members, that don't fly with me, we are all equal, just because you sin just as much as me then go to an organization where all the other sinners meet three times a week doesn't mean you are better then me, take it how ever you want to it's a fact, I have inlaws that are the holiest of the holly and have rum or vodka in their cabinets because "one drink ever now and then won't hurt you" now you tell me how that's acceptable. These are the same people that if we where to go wet would still have to go out of town to get it because they wouldn't want to expose themselves and this is not made up I can list names I have no problem at all with that, it's time that we stood up for what we want and this will prove that the church goers are no better than we are I just hope everybody that wants it goes and votes instead of bitching about it all day.
asking

Manchester, KY

#20 Sep 14, 2012
I bash the hypocrisy of people in these churches. Jesus warned people about the Pharisees and their self righteous judgemental ways. Our churches are so primitive in their focus. Folks, open your minds. Don't be so narrow minded and bigoted. I prefer the new unorganized churches such as a coffee shop, park or anywhere people want to get together and focus on Jesus. NOT THE GROUP. God/Jesus first and the group second. YES Jesus turned WATER into oops..don't have a heart attack old church fogies...he turned it into WINE. YES. WINE. See John 2 and the marriage at Cana.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irvine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal Alexander 2 hr I know 10
John D Moreland (May '13) 5 hr Dixiegirl 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr Lorilou 158,012
Bruce Hartley (Sep '09) 7 hr Buckeye 7
Shane Richardson 8 hr entry level 2
Kimberly Nichols 12 hr Her 3
Mothers on meth 22 hr Spartans 8

Irvine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Irvine Mortgages