FBI takes a look at misuse of CSEPP-F...

FBI takes a look at misuse of CSEPP-FEMA funds in KENTUCKY

Posted in the Irvine Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BORN IRVINE DIE ELSEWHERE

United States

#1 Mar 15, 2010
(FBI-INVESTIGATING)
http://thebridge.typepad.com/thebridge/2009/0...

Have they been to Irvine yet ?
They damn sure need too !
We seem to have a whole family of foxes in the hen house in Estill County !!!!!!!!!!
BORN IRVINE DIE ELSEWHERE

United States

#2 Mar 15, 2010
The FEDS are needed in Irvine !
why

United States

#3 Mar 15, 2010
Why? To investigate a grant that everybody signed off on and knew what it was for before it was awarded, and only raised eyebrows when a Democrat auditor called attention to a grant sought by a Republican CJE?

The feds approved that money for Fred's retirement ahead of time.

“I AM OPINIONATED”

Since: Feb 09

Sittin on the Dock of the Bay

#4 Mar 15, 2010
why wrote:
Why? To investigate a grant that everybody signed off on and knew what it was for before it was awarded, and only raised eyebrows when a Democrat auditor called attention to a grant sought by a Republican CJE?
The feds approved that money for Fred's retirement ahead of time.
Just one little addition, the money was agreed on and approved before Wallace became County Judge Executive, and before Fred took the job. Imagine that, if you disagree with the payment then you're trying to get politicians to go back on the word of those before them.
ForTheLoveOf

United States

#5 Mar 15, 2010
Are you saying BIDE is wrong?!!!!!

“I AM OPINIONATED”

Since: Feb 09

Sittin on the Dock of the Bay

#6 Mar 15, 2010
ForTheLoveOf wrote:
Are you saying BIDE is wrong?!!!!!
Let's just call it not fully informed. Some people just read the headlines and never understand the whole story. lol IMHO
ForTheLoveOf

United States

#7 Mar 15, 2010
He needs to own it, then. He also should apologize.
again

Lexington, KY

#8 Mar 16, 2010
now,now bide always "KNOWS" what he is talking about. just ask him and he will tell you so.

“I AM OPINIONATED”

Since: Feb 09

Sittin on the Dock of the Bay

#9 Mar 16, 2010
More than likely just like most of the rest of us, he sees it his way and heaven forbid someone trying to change his mind, after all we are all from the same general area.
BORN IRVINE DIE ELSEWHERE

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 16, 2010
-SiDeWiNder- wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just call it not fully informed. Some people just read the headlines and never understand the whole story. lol IMHO
Sorry , I normally agree with you but I'm not misinformed about this. GEN. JOHN HELTZEL was quoted saying "I don't want anyone to think that this was OK and were not going to let something like this happen again"- Do some research and you will find his opinion on the TAYLOR & ROGERS misuse of 10 grand of FEMA money.
I'd hardly call HELTZEL a mouth peace for the Democrats and neither am I . Im a registered Republican , but misuse of the peoples tax money is hardly a conservative value.
(HEAD OF KY- CSEPP-FEMA-EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT,ETC,ETC, GEN. HELTZEL)
http://www.ng.mil/ngbGomo/library/bio/1793.ht...
Now , why are the books now off 30 grand ?
10 GRAND + 30 GRAND = 40 GRAND $$$$$
Whats the problem with the treasurer ?
If CRIT LUALLEN is just making a political attack then why does ANN ROGERS, TAYLOR , PHYSICAL COURT , ETC continue to give her more ammunition ? Gets the books cleaned up and stand accountable to the public you serve and this will all go away.
Unless there's something being hid ? Whats the problem ?

“I AM OPINIONATED”

Since: Feb 09

Sittin on the Dock of the Bay

#11 Mar 16, 2010
BORN IRVINE DIE ELSEWHERE wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry , I normally agree with you but I'm not misinformed about this. GEN. JOHN HELTZEL was quoted saying "I don't want anyone to think that this was OK and were not going to let something like this happen again"- Do some research and you will find his opinion on the TAYLOR & ROGERS misuse of 10 grand of FEMA money.
I'd hardly call HELTZEL a mouth peace for the Democrats and neither am I . Im a registered Republican , but misuse of the peoples tax money is hardly a conservative value.
(HEAD OF KY- CSEPP-FEMA-EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT,ETC,ETC, GEN. HELTZEL)
http://www.ng.mil/ngbGomo/library/bio/1793.ht...
Now , why are the books now off 30 grand ?
10 GRAND + 30 GRAND = 40 GRAND $$$$$
Whats the problem with the treasurer ?
If CRIT LUALLEN is just making a political attack then why does ANN ROGERS, TAYLOR , PHYSICAL COURT , ETC continue to give her more ammunition ? Gets the books cleaned up and stand accountable to the public you serve and this will all go away.
Unless there's something being hid ? Whats the problem ?
I don't give a shit who agrees with me or not,. The plain truth is Fred was promised his retirement before he took the job. It was contracted as such, the people of this county owe him a tremendous debt of thanks and now ya'll wanna squat on the deals made to further the progress of this county. Who cares what the people in Frankfort think, they are the ones overcharging for all this retro oversight when they should have read the papers the first time they crossed their desk. Think about it, how long did it take them to come to this erroneous conclusion? Ever try to get a building permitt passed through Frankfort? Hell you could build ten before they can pass the paper work on one. Too many people down there have to put their stamp on the drawing before you get them back. That makes the total cost double and the time it takes is multiplied ten fold. Do the research on real time problems not things that were agreed on ten or twenty years ago.
just no one

Irvine, KY

#12 Mar 16, 2010
Fred is a piece of cr*p
Corruption

United States

#13 Mar 16, 2010
Whoever??? It was wrong and if someone was wrongfully accused on this forum, it should be told.
connecton

Eubank, KY

#14 Mar 16, 2010
-SiDeWiNder- wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one little addition, the money was agreed on and approved before Wallace became County Judge Executive, and before Fred took the job. Imagine that, if you disagree with the payment then you're trying to get politicians to go back on the word of those before them.
Because the deal was made before or after , does that make it legal ? Reguardless of who made the deal my queston is . Is it legal? I dont know, but the people who should know ( the legal officals) says it is not legal.
just me

Danville, KY

#15 Mar 16, 2010
"Now , why are the books now off 30 grand ?

Where does it say the books are off? It doesnt. It never said any money was missing, just that there wasnt proper documentation. Once again you are try spin something! I SAID it before, They need to find a proper accountant not the current treasurer.

“I AM OPINIONATED”

Since: Feb 09

Sittin on the Dock of the Bay

#16 Mar 16, 2010
connecton wrote:
<quoted text>Because the deal was made before or after , does that make it legal ? Reguardless of who made the deal my queston is . Is it legal? I dont know, but the people who should know ( the legal officals) says it is not legal.
They never said it was not legal, they said it would not happened again. That means that when the money was used it was used in a legal manner, just one that they had not foreseen. The shirts and ties in Frankfort missed it so bad on this one they want to make a big deal out of it but bottom line is, the money was paid legally to a person that was promised the money and they can't change it. If they could you know damn well they would have done it by now. Seems like one more case of right being right and politicians can't make it wrong so they just bitch and moan like it came out of their pocket. The money was properly used they just can't figure out how to get their part of it now and are pissed. It's commonly called a loophole but in this case it just can be called Karma taking care of someone that has helped this community tremendously.
Exirvinite

Lexington, KY

#17 Mar 16, 2010
I would not get too excited over it...its 30 grand. A drop in the proverbial bucket. There is no way the Feds would spend the time and money to investigate it. They have much bigger problems to take care of.

“I AM OPINIONATED”

Since: Feb 09

Sittin on the Dock of the Bay

#18 Mar 16, 2010
Exirvinite wrote:
I would not get too excited over it...its 30 grand. A drop in the proverbial bucket. There is no way the Feds would spend the time and money to investigate it. They have much bigger problems to take care of.
Exactly, It's the extra penny we throw into the "Take a Penny" dish at the check out compared to the amount of money really wasted by government.
FED

Shreveport, LA

#19 Mar 16, 2010
Exirvinite wrote:
I would not get too excited over it...its 30 grand. A drop in the proverbial bucket. There is no way the Feds would spend the time and money to investigate it. They have much bigger problems to take care of.
You are correct, there will be a review of multiple Grants and improprieties noted.
Possible /probable impact on towns/counties will be loss of future Grants.
Federal Grant Rule 1-Utilize the Grant Funds only for the purpose and description set forth in the Grant Application and Grant Award.
Wonder Woman

United States

#20 Mar 16, 2010
If the person who promised it, is the person who is taking the heat now....would we have ever heard anything about it? No.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irvine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
reliable and honest heating and cooling company... 5 hr Bob 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr Paul 174,789
Woman with bad acne 8 hr Normal 1
What to do in town on a friday night 11 hr Guy 1
Pigs Thu Racist 8
Nick Parsons Thu Wanted Man 1
Yard mowing Apr 18 Shady ln 1

Irvine Jobs

Personal Finance

Irvine Mortgages