Student stabbed at Sonora High School...

Student stabbed at Sonora High School; La Habra police search f...

There are 95 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 8, 2009, titled Student stabbed at Sonora High School; La Habra police search f.... In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

A 17-year-old student at Sonora High School was stabbed Tuesday morning which led to the campus being locked down for about two hours.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

DHA

Whittier, CA

#61 Sep 11, 2009
Wanna be gangsta wrote:
The kid was stabbed with a homemade shank by a wanna be gangster... they will catch him with cooperation from his parents, who by the way have already been contacted....... dumb kids caught up in a gangster life in La Habra... what a joke... go back to L.A. and have ur **** handed to you and stay North of the 605 losers....hopefully the victim will recover and be able to get back to his education... the offender is 17, male hispanic and a recent dropout and runaway... his life is ruined
I agree with every you wrote - except one thing: the 605 freeway runs north and south. Stay WEST of it - on the Pico side.
MrRevillano

Los Angeles, CA

#63 Sep 11, 2009
Manny wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct, enforce our borders, but this crime had nothing to do with illegal immigrants or Hispanics or Mexicans...all it said was a boy was stabbed. I'm all for enforcing our laws, but narrow-minded people like yourself are quick to assume that illegals are the ones committing all the crimes here in CA. That is all.
I agree! Crime is not determined by race.
I am an American

Norwalk, CA

#64 Sep 11, 2009
Mr Estrada wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, well, not all of Mexico is like that. Parts of T.J. and places like that are, but you're crazy to think their isn't any running water there. Mexico is also part of the G8+5, which if you care to look it up, you may change your mind, unless you're a dogmatic republican. Then you still think that Saddam paid for 9/11.
Lol, and whats a "sis pool". You might mean cesspool.
I would comment more on how stupid those statments look like to a person with an average IQ, but I get off of work at 3:30, so maybe I will tomorrow.
you are so full of bull...your home here must look like a pig house also...how stupid do you think we americans are...do you see us running to mexico to live...wake up and smell the roses...you must be really dumb...you and manny...when was the last time you saw an american run to mexico unless they were running from the law...what a clown you manny are...expect us to believe what you are saying...go to tj and have taco...lol lol.....the whole country of mexico is a dump...waste land....to down to southern mexico and let the mexican indians down their show you how screwed up thier country is
I am an American

Norwalk, CA

#65 Sep 11, 2009
VIVA MEXICO....LOL...HA HA HA...LOL...WANT A TACO
Manny

Port Hueneme, CA

#66 Sep 12, 2009
I am an American wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so full of bull...your home here must look like a pig house also...how stupid do you think we americans are...do you see us running to mexico to live...wake up and smell the roses...you must be really dumb...you and manny...when was the last time you saw an american run to mexico unless they were running from the law...what a clown you manny are...expect us to believe what you are saying...go to tj and have taco...lol lol.....the whole country of mexico is a dump...waste land....to down to southern mexico and let the mexican indians down their show you how screwed up thier country is
Seriously? There are plenty of Americans that "run" to Mexico when they retire...Try Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas...The places you talk about are slums...Think about it if someone came to visit the US and went to see the Watts Projects or 155th and Central in Compton would it be fair to say the whole US is ghetto and filthy riddled with drugs and drive-by-shootings? So you my friend are the dumb one...Go back to get your GED and maybe your local community college would allow you to learn something...I'm a proud American...a combat veteran of the Marine Corps...What have you done for our country? Other than prove to all of us here what an ignorant little person you are!
FRS

Altadena, CA

#67 Sep 12, 2009
MrRevillano wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! Crime is not determined by race.
Oh really here are some FBI stats :

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
* When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
* Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
* The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime

* Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
* Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
* Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
* Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Gangs

* Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
* Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are 9 times more likely.
Source(s):
Arrest data: FBI, Crime in the United States, 2001
(USGPO, 2002), p. 252. FBI, Crime in the United States, 2002
(USGPO, 2003), p. 252. FBI, Crime in the United States, 2003
(USGPO, 2004), p. 288
I am an American

Riverside, CA

#68 Sep 12, 2009
Manny wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? There are plenty of Americans that "run" to Mexico when they retire...Try Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas...The places you talk about are slums...Think about it if someone came to visit the US and went to see the Watts Projects or 155th and Central in Compton would it be fair to say the whole US is ghetto and filthy riddled with drugs and drive-by-shootings? So you my friend are the dumb one...Go back to get your GED and maybe your local community college would allow you to learn something...I'm a proud American...a combat veteran of the Marine Corps...What have you done for our country? Other than prove to all of us here what an ignorant little person you are!
my hat is off to your for serving our country. And I Agree with you about watts. But i am talking about a whole country that is a waste land and a pig pen...
Words of Wisdom

Whittier, CA

#69 Sep 12, 2009
I went to both La Habra and Sonora High School and neither school is better than the other. They are over populated by a bunch of wana be gangsters. All I can tell you is that I still live in La Habra not by choice and as soon as I can get out of this ghetto I will. I am not rich or raciest but this kid deserves to get the book thrown at him. Any one that needs a knife to prove them self is a pussy in my book. I can’t wait till this kid goes to prison where bubba will pick on his ass and he prays every night that he doesn’t get stabbed. Overall La Habra and Sonora need to beef up the patrol and start regulating these kids and there behaviors. I have seen first hand what kind of protection our kids have at school (((((none)))))!!!!! And by the way I am white if any one wants to pull the raciest card on me go ahead. I am not coming back to this forum to here what the hell you have to say because I don’t care. To the stupid girl who uses all these highly educated words , I am a college graduate with a masters degree and I have never heard those words before in my life, so what are trying to prove that you can spell. Who cares this is a message board not a dictionary.
band nerd

AOL

#70 Sep 12, 2009
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
what hmmm is saying is that la habra is turning into a **** hole with the stupid peices of **** gangbangers ruining a nice city. the stabbing was between two hispanic gangbangerS I mean peices of ****. oh yeh have you ever drivin through the middle of la habra its worst than tijuana. thats what hmmm means GUADALAHABRA IS GHETTIN GHETTO
wow so many of you people of so judgemental ik im not perfect bt i try not to be stereotypical. my cousins the one that got stabbed so ur effin retarded to be caling him a piece of **** without even knowing him and you make it sound like he took part of it, he was flippin attacked!... was the whole GUADALAHABRA thing supposed to be funny cuz it was just lame.
Hmmm

Downey, CA

#71 Sep 13, 2009
band nerd wrote:
<quoted text>
wow so many of you people of so judgemental ik im not perfect bt i try not to be stereotypical. my cousins the one that got stabbed so ur effin retarded to be caling him a piece of **** without even knowing him and you make it sound like he took part of it, he was flippin attacked!... was the whole GUADALAHABRA thing supposed to be funny cuz it was just lame.
Wow,after struggling through this note, I am very happy to read that you are still in school. I sincerely hope that you are paying attention in English class, although from your writing skills, I doubt it. Do yourself a favor and concentrate harder on your studies.
Mr Estrada

Long Beach, CA

#72 Sep 14, 2009
I am an American wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I mean, the United Nations, the CIA, the Common Wealth Fund, and the World Health Organization must be wrong.:). Moron. Why don't you do some research before you mash on the keyboard like an autistic child. Oh, and stupid, here in America proper nouns are capitalized.
PAPI CHULO

AOL

#73 Sep 14, 2009
U seem so confident...wer u geting that info at...??
PAPI CHULO

AOL

#74 Sep 14, 2009
u seem soo confident....
wer u geting that at....i can be wrong...
Mr Estrada

Long Beach, CA

#75 Sep 14, 2009
PAPI CHULO wrote:
u seem soo confident....
wer u geting that at....i can be wrong...
Huh? Who is that aimed at?
Madison

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#76 Sep 14, 2009
I am an American wrote:
VIVA MEXICO....LOL...HA HA HA...LOL...WANT A TACO
You probably visit the most poorest places in mexico or your relatives are very poor you should help them.
Mr Estrada

Long Beach, CA

#77 Sep 14, 2009
FRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really here are some FBI stats :
Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
* When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
* Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
* The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.
Interracial Crime
* Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
* Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
* Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
* Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
Gangs
* Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
* Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are 9 times more likely.
Source(s):
Arrest data: FBI, Crime in the United States, 2001
(USGPO, 2002),****. 252. FBI, Crime in the United States, 2002
(USGPO, 2003),****. 252. FBI, Crime in the United States, 2003
(USGPO, 2004),****. 288
Lol, those aren't FBI stats. I hate liars. It's from the Color of Crime from 1999. Good try buddy :)

http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/2009/0...

Oh, and the best indicator of crime is looking at their poverty level.
Over it

United States

#78 Sep 14, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow,after struggling through this note, I am very happy to read that you are still in school. I sincerely hope that you are paying attention in English class, although from your writing skills, I doubt it. Do yourself a favor and concentrate harder on your studies.
your a lame ass get over yourself!
Hmmm

Montclair, CA

#79 Sep 15, 2009
Over it wrote:
<quoted text>
your a lame **** get over yourself!
Well, at least you spelled that sentence correctly. That's a step in the right direction. But, of course, whenever somebody gives good advice, such as getting an education, some idiot will show up with "get over yourself". There sure are a lot of stupid people in the world, including mr. "get over yourself".
Mr Estrada

Long Beach, CA

#80 Sep 15, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least you spelled that sentence correctly. That's a step in the right direction. But, of course, whenever somebody gives good advice, such as getting an education, some idiot will show up with "get over yourself". There sure are a lot of stupid people in the world, including mr. "get over yourself".
No he didn't. It's "you're" not "your".
Manny

Port Hueneme, CA

#81 Sep 15, 2009
Mr Estrada wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't. It's "you're" not "your".
Sorry Estrada but it is "your."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irvine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Westminster Orphans gang 15st 10 hr Westminster15st 1
News Gang shooting Friday at Santa Ana's Original Mi... (Apr '08) 12 hr Bby sleepy 71
News Santa Ana cops finally arrest 12 gang members (Feb '08) 12 hr Pueblow chico 1,172
News Gang member gets 40 to life for shooting father... (Apr '10) 12 hr Esbp 359
News Gang Injunction Issued In Crack Down On Anaheim... (Mar '08) 12 hr Esbp 574
Home of Allbrightabc Childcare Service Sun Brian Skaggs encino 1
News Motion denied to dismiss charges against bishop Dec 3 Eric Bonetti 2

Irvine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Irvine Mortgages