help with substance abuse

Posted in the Ironton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
i-town crown

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 11, 2012
anyone know of a decent place that get quick help for my daughter she has a substance abuse problem no cash on hand for any help she has card and that is all she is mother of three children and has hit bottom but needs help the only help she is getting is the help of people slowly killing here by selling her or trading her something for pills we want real help not sure i like the suboxone clinic type thing but that is a start i guess but i hear they take a while to get help in them also so what is she suppose to do go out and continue what she is doing now till then NO she needs help now and bad she is talking how she is hurting and detoxing is bad making her sick angry mean mad depressed more then ever no one believes her she has stole to get what she need sthis has to stop all i am asking for is if any ones knows where help can be found ... the help i want for all people as her is that all these dam pill head drug dealers to die off them self and go to hell and deal with the devil feed him all thier line of bs and pills see how he likes it please people of the community wake up and see what this is doing to our community someone in almost every family is affected by a drug dealer dealing pills to a member of your family and it is doing nothing but killing them this has to be stopp law enforcement has to go and get them when reports are made go check them out instead of buying from them your self our community including law enforcement attonerys judges doctors all they are all doing the same so many people are affected HELP HELP I JUST WANT MY DAUGHTER HELP ... any one got any info to maybe help us please let us know asap
sweet queen

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 11, 2012
this suboxone shit what is the deal if the person has to go to meeting wait till they are clean see the dr then so the dr can hook you right back up with some drugs... so lets see am i getting this right go to your meetings wing your self off your drug be clean form your drug so then doc can hook you up with some more drugs and you will never be clean something to me is not right with this pic ...
HOPE

Ironton, OH

#3 Sep 11, 2012
Help

United States

#4 Sep 12, 2012
Call the Counseling Center in Portsmouth. They have a program, in-patient, for women and men. The one for women is Stepping Stones I think. In my opinion Suboxone is just trading addictions and some people get it, sell it and then buy their drug of choice. Her stay will depend on her progress but I think it's a minimum of 3 months. Good luck. I know, as a parent of an addict, what you are going through. Stay strong. God bless
Help

United States

#5 Sep 12, 2012
I forgot to mention that they do take the medical card and even if you don't have insurance they don't turn anyone away if they really want help. My son is 6 months clean now and seems to be back on the right track. He went the suboxone route and it didn't work out so well. He ended up just kicking it without it and went to counseling. An addict is always in recovery and each day they stay clear of drugs makes it easier to do so. A very important thing to remember is to stay away from the environment of people that still use. If you don't, temptation is always around the corner. It won't be easy, but nothing worthwhile is. Make sure she knows that you will support her in her recovery but not in her addiction. A little tough love goes a long way.
Dumbass

Flatwoods, KY

#6 Sep 12, 2012
Suboxone goes for $20 at the most. If they get one a day, what pills could they possibly buy after selling their subs considering most pill heads around here are on oxy 30's, and they aren't cheap at all. if suboxone will help someone get off pills, it's non addicting itself, so whys that bad?
Help

United States

#7 Sep 13, 2012
Dumbass wrote:
Suboxone goes for $20 at the most. If they get one a day, what pills could they possibly buy after selling their subs considering most pill heads around here are on oxy 30's, and they aren't cheap at all. if suboxone will help someone get off pills, it's non addicting itself, so whys that bad?
What's to stop someone from selling 4 of them to buy one oxy? That's what they do! I'm not saying that Suboxone hasn't helped anyone. Everyone is different. Just speaking from personal experience. I believe that Suboxone can be psychologically addictive. I've heard of ppl being on that stuff for years. It does stop the craving if it's used right but addicts tend to be afraid to get off it because they're afraid the addiction might start back up. That's where counseling comes in.
Josh King Azzhole

United States

#8 Sep 13, 2012
i-town crown wrote:
anyone know of a decent place that get quick help for my daughter she has a substance abuse problem no cash on hand for any help she has card and that is all she is mother of three children and has hit bottom but needs help the only help she is getting is the help of people slowly killing here by selling her or trading her something for pills we want real help not sure i like the suboxone clinic type thing but that is a start i guess but i hear they take a while to get help in them also so what is she suppose to do go out and continue what she is doing now till then NO she needs help now and bad she is talking how she is hurting and detoxing is bad making her sick angry mean mad depressed more then ever no one believes her she has stole to get what she need sthis has to stop all i am asking for is if any ones knows where help can be found ... the help i want for all people as her is that all these dam pill head drug dealers to die off them self and go to hell and deal with the devil feed him all thier line of bs and pills see how he likes it please people of the community wake up and see what this is doing to our community someone in almost every family is affected by a drug dealer dealing pills to a member of your family and it is doing nothing but killing them this has to be stopp law enforcement has to go and get them when reports are made go check them out instead of buying from them your self our community including law enforcement attonerys judges doctors all they are all doing the same so many people are affected HELP HELP I JUST WANT MY DAUGHTER HELP ... any one got any info to maybe help us please let us know asap
I am sorry to hear about your situation, and my heart goes out to you, but it's your daughter who has to decide she has the problem and seek help, statistics do not favor her in her recovery, if she does decide to seek help. I do hope for her sake and yours, she beats the odds. You can call a noted abuse clinic and seek their advice in how to proceed, but remember you can't force someone into recovery no matter how much you love them. I wish you well.
Help

United States

#9 Sep 13, 2012
Josh King Azzhole wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry to hear about your situation, and my heart goes out to you, but it's your daughter who has to decide she has the problem and seek help, statistics do not favor her in her recovery, if she does decide to seek help. I do hope for her sake and yours, she beats the odds. You can call a noted abuse clinic and seek their advice in how to proceed, but remember you can't force someone into recovery no matter how much you love them. I wish you well.
I do agree with you. The addict has to want help to be able to receive it. She can beat the odds but it takes hard work and restraint. I'm not fooling myself into thinking my son won't relapse. It's one day at a time and we, as family, must be there to encourage our loved ones that is all worth it. The rest is up to them. I think, in my son's case, he just got sick and tired of seeing everything he had worked for going away. Now he's trying to regain his confidence and the trust of others, which won't be easy. I'm hopeful and will not give up the fight.
i-town crown

Columbus, OH

#10 Sep 13, 2012
Help wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree with you. The addict has to want help to be able to receive it. She can beat the odds but it takes hard work and restraint. I'm not fooling myself into thinking my son won't relapse. It's one day at a time and we, as family, must be there to encourage our loved ones that is all worth it. The rest is up to them. I think, in my son's case, he just got sick and tired of seeing everything he had worked for going away. Now he's trying to regain his confidence and the trust of others, which won't be easy. I'm hopeful and will not give up the fight.
my daughter does want the help that is why i am trying to stand by her side but in this area you see advertisments on how we are here to help and can and will help but we are having a real issue in getting her help and after someone is willing fdor the help so long and getting throwed around then they will fall back into the addiction mood fast, i have tried to get her in family guidance or should i say she has tried but they say it will take like 4 weeks and ws told she had to start winging herself from the oxie and she has to be clean when she goes into the program well hells far if you are clean when you go into the program and you have to wait 4 weeks what do you need them for then you allready over come the most part on your own what do u really need them for explain that one to be if you are clean why do u need them to start you out on another drug addiciton i am confused on this part ...
Help

United States

#11 Sep 16, 2012
i-town crown wrote:
<quoted text> my daughter does want the help that is why i am trying to stand by her side but in this area you see advertisments on how we are here to help and can and will help but we are having a real issue in getting her help and after someone is willing fdor the help so long and getting throwed around then they will fall back into the addiction mood fast, i have tried to get her in family guidance or should i say she has tried but they say it will take like 4 weeks and ws told she had to start winging herself from the oxie and she has to be clean when she goes into the program well hells far if you are clean when you go into the program and you have to wait 4 weeks what do you need them for then you allready over come the most part on your own what do u really need them for explain that one to be if you are clean why do u need them to start you out on another drug addiciton i am confused on this part ...
That's why I mentioned the Counseling Center. They don't do suboxone or anything like that there, but they do work with local hospitals to help their clients with the detoxing process if need be. If I were your daughter I would give it some serious thought.
newton

Ardsley, NY

#12 Sep 16, 2012
I heard that's what happened to the girl at Buffalo wild wings
Fed up

Ardsley, NY

#13 Sep 16, 2012
I'm sick to death of hearing people blaming others for their or their loved one's addiction. I'm sorry about your daughter but at some point you need to make her personally responsible for having hit rock bottom. It isn't the community or the drug dealer or anyone else's fault. It is hers and until she knows that, there won't be any recovery. There are thousands of people who live in the same community with the same drug dealers under the same circumstances who CHOOSE not to ever take drugs in the first place. I don't mean to sound cruel because I'm not trying to be. Just sick of the lack of personal responsibility that I see in our area.
help

Springfield, NJ

#14 Sep 16, 2012
Mended reeds on Ironton. Its a 6 month in house treatment facility for women. The main office is on park avenue across from Giovanni's. Good luck, addicts can recover, I did.
Help

United States

#15 Sep 17, 2012
help wrote:
Mended reeds on Ironton. Its a 6 month in house treatment facility for women. The main office is on park avenue across from Giovanni's. Good luck, addicts can recover, I did.
Do you know if they accept medicaid or have a sliding fee? I didn't know of this place. Mended Reeds used to be a juvenile facility out at the old Rock Hill high school. The group home from Vernon St. took it over.
Help

United States

#16 Sep 17, 2012
help wrote:
BTW, I'm so glad that you are recovering. It's nice to hear a success story. God Bless and keep strong. Please share any advice you have.
help

Springfield, NJ

#17 Sep 17, 2012
They do take medical cards, they still have the juvenile house, they just added the treatment house
i-towncrown

Columbus, OH

#18 Sep 17, 2012
Fed up wrote:
I'm sick to death of hearing people blaming others for their or their loved one's addiction. I'm sorry about your daughter but at some point you need to make her personally responsible for having hit rock bottom. It isn't the community or the drug dealer or anyone else's fault. It is hers and until she knows that, there won't be any recovery. There are thousands of people who live in the same community with the same drug dealers under the same circumstances who CHOOSE not to ever take drugs in the first place. I don't mean to sound cruel because I'm not trying to be. Just sick of the lack of personal responsibility that I see in our area.
well first of all dontknow how the person feels unless you have walked in thier shoes and it is the dealer and sellers fault if the person taking can not buy it then they can not make the choice to do it so that is the fact and if you have an issue for what ever eason then it makes a differnece i just know everoyne life is different and the dealer is the big problem and yes there is other in the community and all but if you dont have an issue you wont jump on the pill wagon so to speak

“These are the good old days.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#19 Sep 18, 2012
The addict must make up their own mind to turn from their vice of choice and get clean. That means severing ANY contact with those who still use or supply. Until they do that they will NEVER get clean and stay clean. Then lock themselves in a room for a few days and sweat it out. Yes that's a really hard statement; however, it does work and once you go through it you will know you never want to go there again. There isn't an easy way to get off some of these drugs.
Help

United States

#20 Sep 18, 2012
I also think that some drs. need to be held accountable. It is easier for them to over prescribe to ppl in pain than it is to provide other avenues for their patients. I realize that for some ppl, pain meds are the only relief they get from chronic pain but alternatives should be tried first. Regardless of what some ppl might think, there are ppl out there that have to take these meds just so they can function. They don't intend to get addicted. Just saying that you can't judge the addict until you walk in their shoes. Just like i-towncrown said. It could happen to any of us given the right circumstances.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colton Hitchcock (Jun '15) 2 hr Someone who cares 18
esc 2 hr Sheesh 23
brian lee smith (Aug '13) 5 hr Shock and Awe 28
Who know Rhonda Thomas Ferrell (Feb '15) 7 hr Hummm 57
Exotic cleaning? 9 hr Barnie 4
Rally on the river 12 hr robo 19
men who dont claim their kids (Sep '15) 18 hr planned parenthood 24

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance