Obama getting defensive over Delphi pensions.

Posted in the Ironton Forum

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Aug 10, 2012
hmmm

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 9, 2012
 
Hopefully the people that got screwed will get a settlement.
hmmm

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 9, 2012
 
DemsRule12

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 9, 2012
 
Oh, crap, another Daily Caller link. The Daily Caller's founder and editor is Tucker Carlson, a Fox News Commentator and right-wing loon. Since we're dealing with opinions, not facts, it's my opinion as a proud union member that GM should have honored their union contracts, which is what they did.
bubba

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DemsRule12 wrote:
Oh, crap, another Daily Caller link. The Daily Caller's founder and editor is Tucker Carlson, a Fox News Commentator and right-wing loon. Since we're dealing with opinions, not facts, it's my opinion as a proud union member that GM should have honored their union contracts, which is what they did.
Yeah, your left-winged loons are so truthful.Typical leftist rambling.... Nobody can be leftist enough, but any amount of right-wing is extreme.So transparent.
hmmm

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 9, 2012
 
DemsRule12 wrote:
Oh, crap, another Daily Caller link. The Daily Caller's founder and editor is Tucker Carlson, a Fox News Commentator and right-wing loon. Since we're dealing with opinions, not facts, it's my opinion as a proud union member that GM should have honored their union contracts, which is what they did.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/09/obama-campa...
should have honored their contracts---

What about the contracts Obama decided not to honor, is it Daily Callers fault ?
hmmm

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 9, 2012
 
DemsRule12 wrote:
Oh, crap, another Daily Caller link. The Daily Caller's founder and editor is Tucker Carlson, a Fox News Commentator and right-wing loon. Since we're dealing with opinions, not facts, it's my opinion as a proud union member that GM should have honored their union contracts, which is what they did.
Ooops, if I had read your post I'd realize it was Tucker Carlson and Fox News that screwed the Delphi employees. Try convincing them that and you've found some folks that will buy those flying pigs you're trying to to sell.
a-k steel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 10, 2012
 
Yea,they honored the union contracts because the UAW union campaigned for Obama,spent millions on Obama's campaign so throwing 20,000 non union delphi(a GM subsidiary ) to the wolves was no problem.
And if this never happened this will really amaze you.

At a hearing before the house of representatives subcommittee on regulatory affairs, stimulus oversight, government spending . Bruce Gump a retired Delphi employee ,called the pbgc cuts made to younger employees pensions. "Political, illegal, unethical, immoral. "

Source- laborunionreport.com

And a new quote for demsrule12

"I bring reason to your ears,and,in a language as plain as ABC,hold up truth to your eye's. "
Thomas Paine,December 23 1776
republican clowns yep!!!

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 10, 2012
 
DemsRule12 wrote:
Oh, crap, another Daily Caller link. The Daily Caller's founder and editor is Tucker Carlson, a Fox News Commentator and right-wing loon. Since we're dealing with opinions, not facts, it's my opinion as a proud union member that GM should have honored their union contracts, which is what they did.
Enough said !!! Tucker Carlson. Bad.news...
The Truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 10, 2012
 
Ah, another "I got mine, screw the other guy" or "Take it from the Rich".....we know your type!
hmmm

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 10, 2012
 
The Truth wrote:
Ah, another "I got mine, screw the other guy" or "Take it from the Rich".....we know your type!
Exactly the point, people post here over and over that Democrats take care of their neighbor Republicans are only out for theirself. Yet on specific issues you get that attitude of "better they stuck it to him than me".
hmmm

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 10, 2012
 
Congress is going to investigate further, this link is from the Dayton Daily News. What devious plots will people claim the folks in Dayton are upto ?

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/loca...
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 10, 2012
 
So you're saying Obama is not helping these people get taxpayer funded bailout money to pay their pensions as a result of poor management and bad deals brokered before he was in office.

That sounds an awful lot like socialism to me. So, the President is not a big enough Socialist for you??????????

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/201...

sadly these claims are without merit and have been dismissed already. well except by those being screwed over. it's understandable why they would still be pissed. I'm sure Romney is all for making certain that a business that files bankruptcy ensures that it's employess still receive their benefits. Just don't let any of his actual personal history be used to base this assumption on. We don't really want to know what he did at Bain Capital.

But why take my word for it. Lets post Mitt Romney's stance on this situation and how he would resolve it.

Mitt Romney says:"........" end quote.
hmmm

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 10, 2012
 
Problem with your argument is simple but I'm not going explain. If you read the text of events and laws then it will become clear, then again maybe not.
hmmm

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 10, 2012
 
In other words you just posted a lot of political crap that means nothing because you didnt take the time to look at the issue.
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 10, 2012
 
hmmm wrote:
In other words you just posted a lot of political crap that means nothing because you didnt take the time to look at the issue.
yes i read alot of political crap that meant nothing. and after i was done reading your dailycaller link i went to politifact.
hmmm

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 10, 2012
 
wtfever wrote:
<quoted text>yes i read alot of political crap that meant nothing. and after i was done reading your dailycaller link i went to politifact.
And yet you still understand who determines pension distribution, legally.
hmmm

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 10, 2012
 
dont understand rather, keep reading.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Ironton Forum right now

Search the Ironton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote Republican 6 min for what its worth 101
Obama opened up the border 8 min for what its worth 88
Black Ralley on the River 8 min Benny 1
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 37 min Pope Che Reagan Christ 29,098
Beth Rist 1 hr tom 8
Where do I turn in my petition for black rally ... 4 hr what I think 84
climate change 9 hr DEMSRULE 93
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ironton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ironton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ironton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ironton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••