Sugar creek Christian academy

Posted in the Ironton Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Omg

United States

#1 Apr 23, 2010
I'm thinking of sending my son out there next year, does anybody know anything ab it?
SCCA

Ashland, KY

#2 Apr 23, 2010
Omg wrote:
I'm thinking of sending my son out there next year, does anybody know anything ab it?
it is a wonderful place w/ wonderful ppl running it. the kids all respect each other, there is no bullying or favoritism. God Bless everyone @ SCCA!
Great School

Ashland, KY

#3 Apr 23, 2010
great school, amazing people. the staff members are so kind & friendly. i love the religious aspect of it. well rounded children make for well rounded adults.
hmm

United States

#5 Apr 24, 2010
I was also thinking of sending my boy but he'll be in the 10thgrade, I just know that Rosehill is a hypocritical school and them kids are sometimes your worse ones, I just wish I could get ahold of a truthful student at scca to make sure these kids are what I want my boy around, or else I'll homeschool him.
truther

United States

#6 Apr 24, 2010
hate to break it to you guys but you all are fooling yourselves, yeah its a great school for little kids but DO NOT send older children there, you will regret it!!!!!
truther

United States

#7 Apr 24, 2010
favoritism runs RAMPANT!!!!!!!
Father

United States

#8 Apr 24, 2010
Just ask the kids. They love that place. Go there and talk to them and there parents and the teachers they are all great and always willing to talk to you. Go and find out for yourself. This is a great school. The best around.
Father

United States

#9 Apr 24, 2010
Truther is a liar. Again don't listen to anybody on topix including me go find out for yourself. You will see it's the best.
truther

United States

#10 Apr 25, 2010
i don't lie,but if you don't believe me, see for yourself, but i hope you have alot of $$$$$ cause that's what its all about. why would i lie?what can i gain from it? "omg" asked a question and I gave my honest opinion. how is that lying? "father" probably works there and is looking out for his own paycheck. Like i sad, see for yourself, but you will regret it.
Rachel

Ashland, KY

#11 Apr 25, 2010
is it true that its not an accredited school? so our kids wont receive a diploma they will have to take the ged?
hmm

United States

#12 Apr 25, 2010
Rachel wrote:
is it true that its not an accredited school? so our kids wont receive a diploma they will have to take the ged?
Hope not bcz I go there.
oeoeo

United States

#13 Apr 25, 2010
yes it's true, anyone graduating from there will have to take the GED because their diploma will be worthless. and "hmmm" if you go there give us your opinion, please.
hmm

United States

#14 Apr 25, 2010
I'm in the older grades, and I choose to be out there, I'm not saying to send your older one out there if it's not by choice bc of course there will be less friends, less people to talk to but deff a Lot less drama, I personally love it out there, but I have a strong relationship with the lord and I feel like I belong there, I don't see nothing wrong with our school or public school. The best thing about our school is we all get along, we are all bestfriends, even with the teachers. I feel like the education is a lot better there also.
student

United States

#15 Apr 26, 2010
I am a student there, and the school is accredited. Contact pastor mike at the school for information.
Mom

Richmond, KY

#16 Apr 26, 2010
It is hard for me to imagine that someone would make a decision as important as thier child's training based on what some strangers said on a website that regularly post comments that belong on the stall in a public high school restroom. If you want to know about SCCA contact the school and get the truth. I believe you will find it to be exactly what it claims to be.
SCCA Parent

Ashland, KY

#18 Apr 26, 2010
annoyed wrote:
<quoted text> scca is not even known! To everyone that goes there GOODLUCK with going to college! That school is pathetic. I feel sorry for the 50 kids that go there and learn nothing, they sit there and get a's. Must be nice? Haha until they have no future. Of course if you would call the princ he would tell you how they give dipolamas and all that crap just to get more students. His freaking church runs the school, it honestly is just the funniest thing!
SCCA is an accredited school. My child attends this school & loves it there. I do not know why people are trying to cause all of this upheaval! The school is based on the A Becka Academy Program, education from a Christian perspective. A Becka establishes report cards & keeps transcripts. Last week the students took the Stanford-10 Achievement tests, a nationally recognized test, used by educators across the country. it offers educators information on their student's achievement, it also provides comparisons based on nationwide test results. by the time the students reach grade 11, they will be able to take the ACT test, a widely used college admission standardized test. The school is accredited, there is no way of cheating on Stanford tests, so why not go there & speak w/ Pastor/Principal Michael Long & let him tell you how well the students score on these tests & explain to you all about the school. They are all wonderful people there, I will never allow my child to attend public school again, & be subjected to the bullying, drug abuse, etc. that goes along w/ attending public school. I really wish people would get their story straight before they start rumors that hold no validity. I thank God for this school, & for my child having the opportunity to attend it. God Bless the staff, the volunteers & all of the students!
meeeeee

Richmond, KY

#19 Apr 26, 2010
i actually used to go there and if you wana be smart dont go the everything truther is saying it the truth cuz the school just plain out sux
Tell the truth

Ashland, KY

#20 Apr 27, 2010
meeeeee wrote:
i actually used to go there and if you wana be smart dont go the everything truther is saying it the truth cuz the school just plain out sux
were you asked to leave the school due to behavioral issues? my guess is this is probably the case. i am sorry, but from the looks of your spelling you are not very smart at all. the greatest complaint that i have heard about this school, is that the work is too hard, some students just cannot keep up w/ the work, so they drop out.
Food Service Worker

Richmond, KY

#21 Apr 27, 2010
My opinion, a bunch of prudish do goods...they say they are Christians which should equal charity and peace and love toward their fellow man, but they will go to eat and have a big huge order of food and not give a tip......selfish out for themselves if you ask my opinion.
disgusted

United States

#22 Apr 27, 2010
Tell the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
were you asked to leave the school due to behavioral issues? my guess is this is probably the case. i am sorry, but from the looks of your spelling you are not very smart at all. the greatest complaint that i have heard about this school, is that the work is too hard, some students just cannot keep up w/ the work, so they drop out.
How is it that you are associated with the school, because it's not very "christian" to tell a child that they are not very smart. In fact it's downright RUDE. I think you are not very smart for saying such a thing to a child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
troy massie does anyone know him? (Mar '10) 10 min Anonymous 8
Texas Road House 17 min Fanboy 9
Best You Ever Had!!! 35 min Grandpa 4
Who is the Dominant 1% MC in Ohio? (Apr '11) 1 hr Knuckle logic 572
Chris Stepp in Ironton (Aug '15) 2 hr Bethmassie18 11
the media is responsable for the murders of cops 3 hr mende tribe 21
rally on the river a disgrace to ironton (Aug '10) 3 hr Don clay 246

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance