Romney vs Big Bird
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cookie monster

Ironton, OH

#1 Oct 4, 2012
So now romney says he will cut out pbs & the heck w big bird, people we cannot afford to take this hit, i am part of the 47% he doesnt care about , are u ?
seriously

Ardsley, NY

#2 Oct 4, 2012
Cut out PBS or borrow money from China... Hmmm... I say cut out PBS!!!
On the fence

Lucasville, OH

#3 Oct 5, 2012
Is something about the statement of the 47% untrue and where were Obama's balls during the debate when he could have made his feelings known straight to Romney's face about big bird. He looked like a little spanked kid. The next day he was talking big and making jokes of Romney. I don't care for either one but when Obama had a chance to look Romney face to face and say something he was a little biotch.
bert and ernie

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2012
Hes just jealous because Big Birds has a better chance of beating Obama than him. Sunny days....
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#5 Oct 5, 2012
seriously wrote:
Cut out PBS or borrow money from China... Hmmm... I say cut out PBS!!!
borrow money from china or extend the bush era cuts that disproportionately favor the wealthy. which one do you really think would happen. he talks alot of smack about china for someone who has millions invested in china.
Birdie

Ashland, KY

#6 Oct 5, 2012
On the fence wrote:
Is something about the statement of the 47% untrue and where were Obama's balls during the debate when he could have made his feelings known straight to Romney's face about big bird. He looked like a little spanked kid. The next day he was talking big and making jokes of Romney. I don't care for either one but when Obama had a chance to look Romney face to face and say something he was a little biotch.
Why Obama didn't bring up the 47%?

RUSH LIMBAUGH:

They don't want to give Romney a chance to rebut it.
Cayman Islands

Ashland, KY

#7 Oct 5, 2012
wtfever wrote:
<quoted text>borrow money from china or extend the bush era cuts that disproportionately favor the wealthy. which one do you really think would happen. he talks alot of smack about china for someone who has millions invested in china.
Obama doesn't believe anybody is entitled to success in this country.

Without wealthy people there wouldn't be anyone to build businesses so that the average American can have jobs.

There will always be rich people and there will always be poor people. That's life.
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#8 Oct 5, 2012
Cayman Islands wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doesn't believe anybody is entitled to success in this country.
Without wealthy people there wouldn't be anyone to build businesses so that the average American can have jobs.
There will always be rich people and there will always be poor people. That's life.
yes that's the real world. and in the real world those tax cuts to the wealthy do not produce jobs. we've had em for nearly 12 years now. 12 years of record low taxes for the job creators. so where the fuck are the jobs. try selling that to some dipshit dumb enough to believe it. or some dumbfuck who thinks the cayman islands is where they're going to retire and not die in a nursing home in ironton ohio crying when those vouchers that replaced their social security are worth less than a roll of charmin since the banks covering just declared bankruptcy despite being to big to fail. don't worry, the guys on top make their billions before it goes belly up. you'll just never be one of those guys.
Birdbrains

Ashland, KY

#9 Oct 10, 2012
Big Bird is filthy rich.

Time for the dirty bird to get off of Government Welfare!!!!
Uncle Sam

Ashland, KY

#10 Oct 10, 2012
Big Bird takes in $50 million a year off of merchandising alone!!!!!!!!
Taxpayer

Ashland, KY

#11 Oct 10, 2012
Did you know the president of Sesame Workshop makes more than the President of the United States?

Sesame Workshop president and CEO Gary Knell got $684,144 in reportable compensation from his job. The salary of the US president is fixed by law at $400,000, though the job does come with use of a house, Camp David, and Air Force One.
Taxpayer

Ashland, KY

#12 Oct 10, 2012
Don't Cry for Big Bird - He's Rich!

According to the financial statement of Sesame Workshop their total revenue for 2009 (most recent year available) was a whopping $130,606,413. Don't believe all the whiny "poor" Big Bird nonsense being spouted by mindless bots in response to Mitt Romney's statement about ending federal funding for PBS. But back to the numbers for a moment, according to USAspending.gov Sesame Workshop received $5,000,000 in federal funding in 2009. Clearly, Big Bird isn't really relying on federal funding for his income. I think maybe he needs to be audited if he's trying to convince people otherwise. Another interesting figure from their 2009 form 990 Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax (because it's supposed to be a 'non-profit' organization) is that the list of highest compensated officers, directors, employees totals well over $5,000,000.
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#13 Oct 10, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
Did you know the president of Sesame Workshop makes more than the President of the United States?
Sesame Workshop president and CEO Gary Knell got $684,144 in reportable compensation from his job. The salary of the US president is fixed by law at $400,000, though the job does come with use of a house, Camp David, and Air Force One.
wow, talking about how much somebody makes with a name like taxpayer. paying taxes, now what newsstory does that remind me of that got buried. oh yeah, mr numbers paul ryan who accidently forgot to report 62 thousand dollars or 20% of his income when he filed taxes in 2011 before he knew he was gonna be the vp pick. lucky he ammended it when he released his taxes for the campaign isnt it. your chosen numbers guy. the genius. this guy.

the guy who can't answer questions about those numbers he's so proud of because he's lying about those numbers because in reality they don't exsist. there would have to be a plan and not just a promise to run numbers. you keep talking about school records, let's see the boy genius who got a bachelor's in economics and political science from miami of ohio (not that great a school)
billy goat

Ashland, KY

#14 Oct 10, 2012
PBS makes millions if not billions of dollars off all the Sesame Street characters (Tick­­le Me Elmo toys, Happy Meal toys..etc.) There is a complete line of toys, videos, games and also a clothing line with the Sesame Street theme.
Its made them very rich. They don't need Government money. Research this, they can easily afford to support themselves.
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#15 Oct 10, 2012
billy goat wrote:
PBS makes millions if not billions of dollars off all the Sesame Street characters (Tick­­le Me Elmo toys, Happy Meal toys..etc.) There is a complete line of toys, videos, games and also a clothing line with the Sesame Street theme.
Its made them very rich. They don't need Government money. Research this, they can easily afford to support themselves.
pbs makes millions. do you know where over half of their money comes from in those profits. private equity investments. now are you telling me that it's wrong for them to use private equity investments to increase their capital. I THOUGHT WE WEREN"T ALLOWED To BE CRITICAL OF SUCCESS. Are you buttsore that bigbird makes more money than you do. Or are you buttsore that pbs gets federal money to operate. Romney used to get federal aid as well. What's the difference. You want to know the difference? At the end of the day even if it's just a show PBS actually create something. What the fuck has Romney ever made? Where did he make his money? He never invented a thing. He never ran a company that made anything. All he ever did was charge companies so he could manage them, put them into debt by taking out loans on their assets. Called those loans profits. Paid himself because he showed they made a profit. Left those companies with the huge debt of those loans so they could go bankrupt. Cash a check for a job well done.
mee
#16 Oct 11, 2012
i thank its funny not one person said a word abought goverment giving pbs money itill now so if it didnt bother u all theam years why after romney said it its a problam
Old Man Winter

Ashland, KY

#17 Oct 11, 2012
mee wrote:
i thank its funny not one person said a word abought goverment giving pbs money itill now so if it didnt bother u all theam years why after romney said it its a problam
Sad that Big Government is forking out money to wealthy Big Birds when Senior Citizens have to decide if they want to buy their medicine or food. Big money going to puppets while others cannot pay the electric bills that have greatly increased. The owners of puppets living high off the hog while others are jobless and never have two nickles extra to rub together. Sad some will not be able to keep their heat on this winter!!!!!
Old Man Winter

Ashland, KY

#18 Oct 11, 2012
mee wrote:
i thank its funny not one person said a word abought goverment giving pbs money itill now so if it didnt bother u all theam years why after romney said it its a problam
Who knew they collected such big funding from Big Government? They ask for donations like their shows are all paid for by the public.
Maaloxx

Greenup, KY

#19 Oct 11, 2012
wtfever wrote:
<quoted text>borrow money from china or extend the bush era cuts that disproportionately favor the wealthy. which one do you really think would happen. he talks alot of smack about china for someone who has millions invested in china.
I see you didn't take my advice and educate yourself about the socialist communist Obama. It's not too late to smart up and get rid of the illegal alein & cheif.Americans are taking back our country, and you can come along or get the H out.
mee
#20 Oct 11, 2012
well aparently america is dumb is there any more showes that have goverment founding we dont know abought im an american so im all so calling my self dumb

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tacketts Body 2 hr Troy 12
Is dean at it again 4 hr Advocate 4
fee corp industrial drug dealers (Jun '10) 6 hr duh dumb 77
vera mcdowell (Mar '13) 13 hr Mystic 5
Need to know about Bill James 14 hr Snoop 6
feecorp (Feb '11) 15 hr Dude 666 25
anyone now Steven Douglas from coal grove 21 hr chevy 1

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ironton Mortgages