Where is a poor man to find work

Where is a poor man to find work

Posted in the Ironton Forum

jesus on a harley

Ironton, OH

#1 Mar 12, 2012
I'm needing some employment for this year to aid me and my daughter from this holocaust. Please, I'm asking for a little construction work, yard work, cooking, and I'm an experienced deckhand. Thank you. Hope you all have a great St. Patricks day!
pro poverty

United States

#2 Mar 12, 2012
well since your jesus on an a harley you should believe that struggling is the noble way of life. maybe move to Mississippi where everyone else votes on morals rather economics and find a job.
Abe Lincoln

Ashland, KY

#3 Apr 9, 2012
Old Abe said once that God sure must have
loved the common folks because he sure did
make a lot of them.

Good luck with the jobs!
civil war

Ironton, OH

#4 Apr 9, 2012
pro poverty wrote:
well since your jesus on an a harley you should believe that struggling is the noble way of life. maybe move to Mississippi where everyone else votes on morals rather economics and find a job.
I was on a bicycle. I just dream of it being a harley! I'm installing a weed eater engine.
civil war

Ironton, OH

#5 Apr 9, 2012
Abe Lincoln wrote:
Old Abe said once that God sure must have
loved the common folks because he sure did
make a lot of them.
Good luck with the jobs!
thanks! I need alot of luck!
Easy Rider

Ashland, KY

#6 Apr 9, 2012
civil war wrote:
<quoted text>I was on a bicycle. I just dream of it being a harley! I'm installing a weed eater engine.
I saw an elderly man on a motorized bicycle in Westwood a couple of days ago. Looked like he was enjoying his nice ride!
sweet home southrn ohio

Ironton, OH

#7 Apr 9, 2012
I would love to get an electric bike motor. I'm going to figure out the weed eater powered one first! I bet he loves to ride now! I wish I could ride across the bridge. I better get to building it first.
FTW

Ashland, KY

#8 Apr 10, 2012
Man you know things are bad when a man and his daughter post something like this and no one has offered him a job,not even a small job. Money is very tight right now, matter of fact its the worst I have seen it in my lifetime. I wish I could help but Iam having a rough time to. I can get you a couple grass jobs if something like that would help. I know thats not much but thats all I can help ya with bud.
dumb and dumber

Ironton, OH

#9 Apr 10, 2012
FTW wrote:
Man you know things are bad when a man and his daughter post something like this and no one has offered him a job,not even a small job. Money is very tight right now, matter of fact its the worst I have seen it in my lifetime. I wish I could help but Iam having a rough time to. I can get you a couple grass jobs if something like that would help. I know thats not much but thats all I can help ya with bud.
Thanks! I'll get caught up w/my duties and get out and cut some grass for people. I may need your help later this summer. I will succeed.
Budget

Ashland, KY

#10 Feb 6, 2013
Many businesses are downsizing more this year. Radio Shack, Office Max, Sears, K-Mart, JC Penny's.......a few mentioned recently in the news.

The US Post Office reports today that Saturday mail delivery will end in August!!!
employable

Ashland, KY

#11 Feb 6, 2013
How about that place in Ironton across from Family Dollar Store, won't they help you find a job? Workforce Development place, you been there?
obama will help

Columbus, OH

#12 Feb 6, 2013
he will take from the rich and give it to you, didnt you get any of it yet?
holxhux

Monessen, PA

#13 Feb 6, 2013
Thanks

Glenpool, OK

#15 Feb 6, 2013
holxhux wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BiAS128aWJEXX
Good luck
I lost a couple of my few remaining braincells watching that. Thanks...
My name is mud

Ashland, KY

#16 Feb 6, 2013
employable wrote:
How about that place in Ironton across from Family Dollar Store, won't they help you find a job? Workforce Development place, you been there?
I've relentlessly tried to ask them women to help me in there and I get the same reply from them. No.
Employable

Ashland, KY

#18 Feb 6, 2013
I'm sorry about your experience. Most of them seem so nice and helpful.
LuncBoxMan

Ashland, KY

#19 Jul 12, 2014
Hell I have been unemployed for fucking almost 3 years now...
no one will hire me i am either over qualified or under qualified,
some times they bait me like i am really going to get the job and then give it to a highschool student!!!! i'm almost 29 damn it i need work!!!! i love taking care of people with special needs children adults and the elderly, i have always cared about people that have special needs i guess its because my nephew that i claim as mine is autistic, so if any knows of anywhere hiring like that let me know unless its SRS is portsmouth....bunch of ass holes.
DuHuh

Aurora, IN

#21 Jul 13, 2014
There are plenty of jobs out there as long as you can show up on time, pass a drug test, and actually put forth an honest days effort. Even a less desirable job is better than none at all. Employers are more likely to offer someone who is currently working a chance at a better job than someone who has no job at all. Long lengths of unemployment raise lots of questions for employers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2016 Rally big flop 3 hr monstro 2
rally on the river a disgrace to ironton (Aug '10) 5 hr delores johnson 296
house cat store 6 hr question 14
Susan Price 6 hr Seymore Butts 2
Shane Davis D&D Construction (Jul '15) 6 hr Bobby 15
County Commission Hide and Seek 7 hr watching 3
Rock Hill OVC Champions 2016 8 hr HandJobBob 6
Billy Harper 15 hr Worried about you 136

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web