Cindi's Studio
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ydkd

New York, NY

#1 Apr 2, 2011
The Dance contest today at Ironton was a joke. Old Music fats chic, old chic's and people who just cant dance. They need to close down and let the younger people teach them how to dance. And for the outfits ooh my
Qwerty

Huntington, WV

#2 Apr 2, 2011
I'm sure you must feel proud making fun of a bunch of little girls. Bravo!
Parent

New York, NY

#3 Apr 2, 2011
They didnt even spell the name of the Studio Correctly.
Anonymous

United States

#4 Apr 2, 2011
To the person who started this thread. I invite your to get your ass out on the floor and compete. In fact before you go insulting CHILDREN, because 98% of the performers are children, try getting out on the floor and doing what they do. I'm quite sure you do not have the drive or the determination to acquire half the skills they have. If you don't enjoy watching then by all means do us all a favor and don't come to competitions. Your presence isn't desired anyway. Get a hobby that doesn't include bashing CHILDREN.
well

United States

#5 Apr 2, 2011
They do dress these girls in precarious outfits though. A but too sexual for little girls.
LOL

United States

#6 Apr 2, 2011
Leave them alone how else is she going to make money
hrm

United States

#7 Apr 3, 2011
98% of the performers were not children. The gay dude was on the floor at least 12 times.
Parent2

Georgetown, KY

#8 Apr 3, 2011
There isn't a lot of money to be made in teaching dance...dance teachers do it because they love the art. The college age+ performers do it because they enjoy it- it's no different than being on an adult softball or bowling league. I think it's great to see dancers of all shapes, sizes, ages, and genders, though most of the students are young children. The costumes are relatively tame compared to some groups- and while I don't condone dressing children provocatively, dance costume companies do seem to favor these styles, and coaches try to pick cost-conscious costumes that adhere to the theme of each routine- it really is a matter of personal preference and every dancer or former dancer has at one time probably worn a costume they didn't like.

The contest yesterday might not have been your cup of tea, but these kids and adults are choosing to do something they find fun and productive- a positive for a community that right now is struggling. A young childhood cancer victim got out there and performed like a champion yesterday and was honored with an Outstanding Effort award and a standing ovation from the crowd. You might have considered the event a joke, but I assure you no one was laughing when that brave child accepted her trophy. It takes guts to perform in front of judges and an audience that would probably rather rip you apart than build you up. I applaud these dancers.
Qwerty

Huntington, WV

#9 Apr 3, 2011
You are absolutely right!
Parent2 wrote:
There isn't a lot of money to be made in teaching dance...dance teachers do it because they love the art. The college age+ performers do it because they enjoy it- it's no different than being on an adult softball or bowling league. I think it's great to see dancers of all shapes, sizes, ages, and genders, though most of the students are young children. The costumes are relatively tame compared to some groups- and while I don't condone dressing children provocatively, dance costume companies do seem to favor these styles, and coaches try to pick cost-conscious costumes that adhere to the theme of each routine- it really is a matter of personal preference and every dancer or former dancer has at one time probably worn a costume they didn't like.
The contest yesterday might not have been your cup of tea, but these kids and adults are choosing to do something they find fun and productive- a positive for a community that right now is struggling. A young childhood cancer victim got out there and performed like a champion yesterday and was honored with an Outstanding Effort award and a standing ovation from the crowd. You might have considered the event a joke, but I assure you no one was laughing when that brave child accepted her trophy. It takes guts to perform in front of judges and an audience that would probably rather rip you apart than build you up. I applaud these dancers.
PARENT

Ashland, KY

#10 Apr 3, 2011
My child takes at CYNDI'S STUDIO and we have been so happy there! My daughter has won several state, and national titles in twirl and she can dance with the rest of ya and she is only 8 years old! My daughter has been taught from the best and not only does Cyndi and instructors know how to teach twirl/dance but, they gives my daughter something so much more with religion! Cyndi makes sure she prays with every group before their performances....Me being a christian that means more to me than anything! My daughter HAS NEVER wore anything provactive, her costumes have always been age appropriate! I also love to watch David, and the older instructors twirl it shows us as parents they know what they are teaching our children! Makes me sad that people have to be so jealous.....Practice a little more and you can be winners too! CYNDI'S STUDIO #1 BABY!
TigerCat

Louisville, KY

#11 Apr 3, 2011
It's unfortunate that people feel the need to insult and bring others down, when what we should be doing is cheering on local teams. I am always very impressed by all of the Tri-state area dance teams. Cyndi's groups may have some wonderful twirlers, and other groups could have beautiful technique, and yet some others might have innovative choreography, etc. Competition is best left on the stage or performance floor and unsportsmanlike conduct and bullying isn't necessary. Let's cheer these kids on, support their teachers and parents, and be thankful that there are places in the area where people can learn these different skills and have fun dancing! Same goes for other sports teams and competitive events where children are involved.
Beth Rist

Richmond, KY

#12 Apr 4, 2011
I do not understand why people want to get on here and intentionally hurt someone. This site is nothing but trouble. Started by most adults as what I have seen from the mass lawsuit I saw on here. Cyndi is my sister, and I am very proud of that. I ask you as adults. Please pick on me! Because Cyndi is way out of your league.

By the way....I survived the snowplow! words don't hurt me. Leave my sister alone.
stacy

Richmond, KY

#13 Apr 4, 2011
Yevone Dekays kids stood on stage last spring with no routine and had no idea what to do. Yevone just played music and the kids just stood their looking at each other. These children were 8 years old. It was awful for them. So the parents bought the outfits for nothing. Also I think Yevone is hard on the kids. She speaks to them terribly and actually has paddled some in the past.

Being taught by Cyndi is much different. She travels with her kids and actually participates in state and national titles. Cyndi ignore the haters. You and your sister are much stronger than they know.
cyndi Roth

Lebanon, KY

#14 Apr 4, 2011
fIRST OF ALL PLEASE SPELL MY NAME RIGHT IS YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT ME....AND GET YOUR STORY STRAIGHT....WE HAVE NO OUTFITS THAT ARE DISTASTFUL AT ALL BECAUSE I WONT STAND FOR IT SO GET YOUR EYES CHECKS. i NEVER GET ON THIS STUPID TOPIX UNTIL SOMEONE TELLS ME SOMEONE IS WRITING LIES OR ETC. wE LOVE OUR KIDS AND HAVE FUN ...IM 52 AND IF I WANT TO TWIRL WITH MY GIRLS AND GUYS IN A SENIOR TWIRL TEAM I WILL DO IT ....GET OFF YOUR FAT LAZY BUTT AND DO SOMETHING YOURSELF AND COMPETE WITH ME .....i SAY BRING IT ON ILL PUT MY TWIRLING AND DANCE UP AGAINST ANYONE MY AGE PEOPLE SO GO GET A LIFE.
WE ARE NO DIFFERENT THEN BASEBALL, FOOTBALL OR ANY OTHER ADULT SPORT. WE TEACH OUR CHILDREN TO BE GOOD SPORTS AND TO THANK GOD FOR EACH OF THEIR TALENTS....AND PRAYERS ARE DONE BEFORE EACH CONTEST ROUTINE.
SO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT YOU ARE EXPRESSING ON HERE AND LEAVE ME MY STAFF AND MY STUDENTS ALONE.....YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE WE TOOK ALL TOP AWARDS YESTERDAY BUT ONE OUT OF 9...HMMMMMMMMMMM MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT....LOL HRM YDKD AND WELL YOU ARE THE JOK
haters to the left

Columbus, OH

#15 Apr 4, 2011
hrm wrote:
98% of the performers were not children. The gay dude was on the floor at least 12 times.
first and foremost, DAVID performed 11 times, not 12. get it right, dumbass.

second, is it just me or does this sound like it might be someone who is just bitter that their daughter didn't win senior miss showcase? it's not his fault that he was clearly far and away the most talented participant on the floor, and was the first male winner of the award. that's a pretty huge accomplishment, and i don't think someone who works that hard should have to deal with small minded idiots like you bringing them down, especially considering you have NO idea what you're talking about. he's straight- trust me, i know.

finally, cyndi's wasn't the only group to have a collegiate- that means 'older', for all you idiots on here- group. you'd think that these people would be admired for their hard work and talent, despite their age, instead of being put down because they're "too old." show me a 52 year old woman with the looks and talent that cyndi has, i doubt you can find one. not to mention that these people are devoting mass amounts of time to educating the youth in an arts-deprived area and teaching the kids how to "really twirl and dance."

do us all a favor and spend your time in a more productive way than sitting on topics making false statements that obviously stem from your bitterness and low-self esteem resulting from talent envy. you can start by taking dance & twirl at cyndi's studio (;
TigerCat

Louisville, KY

#16 Apr 4, 2011
We should all just let this thread die. It's unfortunate that it was started in the first place, and fighting back isn't going to help promote arts or dance in the area. Cyndi's Studio really is a great place for children to twirl and dance and it says a lot about Cyndi that most of her staff is comprised of her former students. It is like a family there, and though everyone has other jobs, they devote a lot of their time to the kids there- a few of the students and even staff drive quite a while to participate or teach there. The alumni from both Cyndi's and other dance studios in the area have gone on to accomplish many great things in baton twirling, dance, musical theater, and other related areas. That is the buzz that should be going around, not fighting and name-calling on Topix. Let's start looking at the forest and quit focusing on the trees.
Psycho

Pickerington, OH

#17 Apr 5, 2011
I used to go there when I was 5/6/7. I loved it, but a few other girls made fun of me because I was the only girl in our class with glasses...kids can be mean. :P
Qwerty

Huntington, WV

#18 Apr 5, 2011
I went there for 7 years and it was awesome! Not only did it keep me active as a kid, but I also learned A LOT. I went on to perform at both high school and college level. It opened up a world of possibilities and I'm greatful that I got to go to such a great studio!
Also true

Georgetown, KY

#19 Apr 5, 2011
Cindnis is so annoying decay is better!
okayy

Dallas, TX

#20 Apr 6, 2011
Haha first of all it's spelled Yvonne dekay and she has never paddled any of her students and she is not hard on any of her students . I have been taking from Yvonne for 7 years and I love every minute of it . I think more children need to be yelled at if they do what there suppose to wrong

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What ever happend to Mellissa bare the rh teacher? (Nov '10) 1 hr Lol 27
Merry christmas you all 1 hr Ironton area 1
Can I get a Rock Hill after hours ed 4 hr Bullx 5
Get them daddysmackers ready 4 hr Oh yeah 1
Old KFC building (May '17) 6 hr Mark 22
Danielle at marcos 9 hr Elmer 2
Is Dale Cade out of prison 15 hr Their useless 1

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance