my teen daughter who thinks she's an ...
pathetic

Barnesville, OH

#63 Nov 28, 2010
Someone wrote:
I sure wish I would have listened to my parents when I was 16. I did everything my parents told me not to do. I got pregnant at age 16 with my boyfriend. Although, I am now 20, still with him and we also have 2 kids now, I regret not listening to them.
to teen daughter, I find it okay you stay with your boyfriend, just be careful. Having a baby at a young age is hard. I love my kids, just regret who I had them with.
seeing that you went ahead and had 2 with him feeling that way, you may have a learning disability. but you will probably end up leaving him and then calling him a deadbeat dad for it.
ITown Girl

United States

#64 Nov 28, 2010
Well my advice would be nooooo! Don't let this happen unless you know 100 percent nothing is going to happen. I know how i was when i was 16 and i wish i could have waited longer...don;t get me wrong i love my baby but i wish i would have lived my life before i got pregnant.
fedup wrote:
i have a problem any advice will be greatly appreciaed...my almst 16yr old daughter seems to think its ok to spend the night with her 17yr old boyfriend unsupervised...let's have some parent input please...
Me too

United States

#65 Nov 29, 2010
I wasn't assuming anything about the daughter...I was merely sharing my experience. Of course there were girls who were morally stronger than I was. I caved and gave in because "everyone else was doin' it" and now I'm paying for it. Just trying to offer some perspective from someone who's been in that situation.
The Facts

Russell, KY

#66 Nov 30, 2010
HuhHowBoutDat wrote:
Kids should obey their reasonable and sane parents. Parents should bring kids up in the way they should go. When one or the other is out of balance, then you have problems.
If she refuses to follow your demands, have her arrested. Incorrigibility. Some time in juvie will change her tune, bad or better.
If that's not an option for you and she still takes off, check into having the other party(ies) arrested for harboring a runaway teen.
If that's no good for you, emancipate her. Set her free. Cut her off. If she wants to live like an adult then dammit force her into the accountabilities that most adults live by. I can think of no more severe punishment. She'll quickly learn that sweet sweet love ain't nothing like she thought it would be.
I raised two girls and had my own share of sh!t with them. Happy to say they ended up turning out very well.
All of your advice may sound wonderful, but did you stop to think about what the teenage daughter is going thru at home, and why she wants to stay at the boyfriend's house? I know a situation that this sounds like and the mother's live in boyfriend is a useless drug addict that has never worked, cheats on the woman he lives with and has children with other women. He will not pay child support, yet this woman upholds him in everything he does. He verbally and physically abuses all of her children as well. Her teenage daughter has been allowed to do as she pleases, so she will not be a bother to her and her boyfriend. But in the public eye, she wants people to think she is such an upstanding mother and her teenaged daughter is making unheard of requests. This whole situation is out of control, so find out the facts, before you start downgrading the child.
teen daughterrrr xD

Chesapeake, OH

#67 Dec 1, 2010
ha! really? im pretty sure i've only slept with 2 guys in my life. so think what you want.
yep ur stupid

Ashland, KY

#68 Dec 2, 2010
stupid wrote:
Its called raise ur kids right from the start and make them respect u then they will respect u when they r older if ppl would still bust there kids az$ there would be a lot less crime drugs and teen pregnanceys ...i got whip when i was a kid and my daughter gets whipped she needs it i love her with everything in me but if she needs dicaplenned she gets it
A 16 year old girl is a little old for a whipping. So lets see how stupid you sound here. If I am 5 and I am bad then my parent whips me?? This teaches me that when I don't like what someone does that I should hit them. Hitting is violence. So you believe in teaching your child to be violent? Yeah thats much better then teaching them to reason and be level headed to solve problems. Lets teach them to hit other ppl when they make us mad. YOU DON'T LOVE UR CHILD if you are hitting them. I talk to my children, they have a brain and human beings are the only mammal that can reason. Fear does not equal respect. Respect is earned. Your parents whipped you and you whip your child therefore equalling a cycle of abuse....not love.
yep you are

Barnesville, OH

#69 Dec 3, 2010
yep ur stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
A 16 year old girl is a little old for a whipping. So lets see how stupid you sound here. If I am 5 and I am bad then my parent whips me?? This teaches me that when I don't like what someone does that I should hit them. Hitting is violence. So you believe in teaching your child to be violent? Yeah thats much better then teaching them to reason and be level headed to solve problems. Lets teach them to hit other ppl when they make us mad. YOU DON'T LOVE UR CHILD if you are hitting them. I talk to my children, they have a brain and human beings are the only mammal that can reason. Fear does not equal respect. Respect is earned. Your parents whipped you and you whip your child therefore equalling a cycle of abuse....not love.
you cant really be a parent and believe that.
Proud parent

Ashland, KY

#70 Dec 3, 2010
yep you are wrote:
<quoted text>you cant really be a parent and believe that.
OH but rather I am most certainly a PROUD parent of not one, not two, not three.....but FOUR wonderful children. Two of which are grown adults now and have made me VERY PROUD, no teen pregnancy EVER, and my children are NOT on drugs, ARE NOT violent and ARE NOT jail birds. They have morals and values that I instilled in them as I raised them as a single parent. YES...I KNOW the "secret" to parenting...it is talking and being patient with your children...not hitting and whipping. MY children were NEVER and ARE NOT afraid to tell me anything. They even tell me things sometimes I wish I didn't know also, but they are open and I LISTEN to them. Communication, patience, and being open minded...being a friend as well as a parent...that's the key to raising a child that will make you proud.
yep you are

Barnesville, OH

#71 Dec 3, 2010
Proud parent wrote:
<quoted text>
OH but rather I am most certainly a PROUD parent of not one, not two, not three.....but FOUR wonderful children. Two of which are grown adults now and have made me VERY PROUD, no teen pregnancy EVER, and my children are NOT on drugs, ARE NOT violent and ARE NOT jail birds. They have morals and values that I instilled in them as I raised them as a single parent. YES...I KNOW the "secret" to parenting...it is talking and being patient with your children...not hitting and whipping. MY children were NEVER and ARE NOT afraid to tell me anything. They even tell me things sometimes I wish I didn't know also, but they are open and I LISTEN to them. Communication, patience, and being open minded...being a friend as well as a parent...that's the key to raising a child that will make you proud.
well you were very fortunate, if your telling truth. either way i dont care wether you are. but not everybodies kids are the same and that easy to raise. when i was a kid i knew of a few idiots that were a few years younger than me that never got their ass beat. and they were so bad they needed beat to death. i still know of them today, in and out of jail and strung out on drugs.
toto

Ironton, OH

#72 Dec 3, 2010
well i have a 5 year old who acts 16 so im sure when she is 16 she will act 27 hmm that would be kinda good
wondering

Barnesville, OH

#73 Dec 3, 2010
toto wrote:
well i have a 5 year old who acts 16 so im sure when she is 16 she will act 27 hmm that would be kinda good
in what way does she act like 16.
christinas mom

Ironton, OH

#74 Dec 3, 2010
my daughter is an adult and still acts 13 sometimes
heypillhead

Columbus, OH

#75 Dec 3, 2010
christinas mom wrote:
hey pill head white trash!
she a dirty girl

Dublin, OH

#76 Dec 3, 2010
im a 15 year old mother dont let her go so will be thankful dont get me wrong i love my son to death but i wished i would of waited and listen to my mom so dont let her go but dont hold her back to much let him come over when ur home
heypillhead

Columbus, OH

#78 Dec 3, 2010
christinas mom wrote:
She probably has to be an adult because your a trashy skank!!
Go with your instinct

Ashland, KY

#79 Dec 4, 2010
Dont let her go!

Since: Oct 10

Ironton

#80 Dec 4, 2010
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>in what way does she act like 16.
talking back... and her attitude
wondering

Barnesville, OH

#81 Dec 4, 2010
Toto45638 wrote:
<quoted text>talking back... and her attitude
if you dont do something now, it will only get worse.
Lol

Ashland, KY

#82 Dec 4, 2010
christinas mom wrote:
She is a ho!
The facts

Ashland, KY

#83 Dec 4, 2010
christinas mom wrote:
Yes lorinda abrams i would agree that she acts 13. But you have to think about how you raised christina! It is not her fault. You are addicted to pain pills and so is she. I dont blame her!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
African slaves in America 28 min trump 2016 412
Does anyone know Amber Brewer From Ironton ? 2 hr Get it right 11
white people on welfare 7 hr senor wenses 7
Child Molester George Lee Cooper 9 hr Ed Jackson 16
Necco center 15 hr DLewis 7
North Ironton tragedy years ago (Dec '10) 15 hr Car 135
Golf carts 4 sale in ironton 18 hr idk 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ironton Mortgages