Ironton mayor arrested for DUI

Aug 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ironton Tribune

Ironton Mayor Rich Blankenship is apologizing to his family and his constituents after being arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol early Sunday morning in Kentucky.

Comments
1 - 20 of 66 Comments Last updated Sep 16, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
truth

Weyers Cave, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

Wow. No way he will get out of this. Ky cops know him and will treat him just like they did pam neal wagner. Let's see them hide this one. He has already gave a statement. Lutz going to be charged with rape. Mayor arrested for dui when he knew he was not capable of driving. Think the cops in ky don't give a shit who he is. City council will relieve him of his duty. Lutz looking at prison. Which he will enjoy. What is this citygoing to do.
in the know

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

truth wrote:
Wow. No way he will get out of this. Ky cops know him and will treat him just like they did pam neal wagner. Let's see them hide this one. He has already gave a statement. Lutz going to be charged with rape. Mayor arrested for dui when he knew he was not capable of driving. Think the cops in ky don't give a shit who he is. City council will relieve him of his duty. Lutz looking at prison. Which he will enjoy. What is this citygoing to do.
lutz will not be charged

Lucasville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

Maybe one day the good ole' boy system in this town will fade, and we will finally have politicians who care about the welfare of the citizens in this town.
Ispy

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

what will we do
Hello

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

What lutz, and what did he do??
owes me

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

all hell grow up people so a dul big deal hes the only one in ironton ever caught i guess get a life""""
The Truth

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

When you take a position on such as Mayor, you are supposed to lead by example. Driving after admitting drinking a "few" beers is unacceptable. Driving drunk is against the law and he endangered innocent peoples lives. You are not above the law and your quote " I thought I was ok to drive" shows a lack of character on your part. Shame on you!!!!
Josh King Azzhole

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

owes me wrote:
all hell grow up people so a dul big deal hes the only one in ironton ever caught i guess get a life""""
I guess it would be a "Big Deal", if he would have hit you head on and paralyzed you, or killed someone you loved if they was in the car with you. If your intoxicated or high, you should never get behind the wheel, it's not just your life your risking, it's mine and my loved ones also. If he had killed someone I loved while he was intoxicated not even God could hide him from my wraith. Correct me if I am wrong but this man is suppose to be a role model in the community right? How can you trust someone who will not take personal responsibility, he could have called a cab and left his vehicle at his old friends house, until he sobered up. I have never had a DUI, I take my life and the life of other I share the road with serious and I put a higher value on them, then you and the Mayor seem to do, but it's no "Big Deal" right?
Angie

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Peoples lives are endangered just by walking outside in today's world. The truth is he could have hurt someone else but he didn't! It's a misdemeanor .... No reason to throw him out the door! He got caught, he will deal with the consequences. And no one should judging unless they have never made a mistake in their life! Plus, who wants lutz as mayor? Not me!
Josh King Azzhole

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Angie wrote:
Peoples lives are endangered just by walking outside in today's world. The truth is he could have hurt someone else but he didn't! It's a misdemeanor .... No reason to throw him out the door! He got caught, he will deal with the consequences. And no one should judging unless they have never made a mistake in their life! Plus, who wants lutz as mayor? Not me!
It's not judging it's plan common sense, that misdemeanor would have turn into a felony, if he had hurt of killed someone. Do you want local representation from a individual that can't take personal responsibility for his or others lives? I made mistakes in my life like my first wife, but would I ever drink and drive, NO because I couldn't live with the thought I killed a innocent person or child. I have no problem with anyone drinking, but be responsible, your not in grade school anymore, mommy and daddy are not going to wipe it all away. My God people have been poisoned by fairy tales.
well

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

I say bring on the rally
missed

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Angie wrote:
How many things have not been caught? And he refused the breath test,sounds like he has been there before.
worker

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

If a city worker gets a dui they get fired. Also Mike Lutz wont quite his job to be mayor. You can't be mayor and have a full time job.
not gonna happen

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Wraith ?
Josh King Azzhole wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it would be a "Big Deal", if he would have hit you head on and paralyzed you, or killed someone you loved if they was in the car with you. If your intoxicated or high, you should never get behind the wheel, it's not just your life your risking, it's mine and my loved ones also. If he had killed someone I loved while he was intoxicated not even God could hide him from my wraith. Correct me if I am wrong but this man is suppose to be a role model in the community right? How can you trust someone who will not take personal responsibility, he could have called a cab and left his vehicle at his old friends house, until he sobered up. I have never had a DUI, I take my life and the life of other I share the road with serious and I put a higher value on them, then you and the Mayor seem to do, but it's no "Big Deal" right?
the Truth

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Why not take the test at the hospital and prove your innocence? Maybe their was something in his system other than alcohol he did not want made public. I think city council needs to order a drug test on the mayor. If their is nothing to hide..... take the test. How about it Mr. Mayor?
cnn

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

well just made national news
Jon cremeans

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Rich is a good man who has been dealing with a lot lately namely the death of his father and to suggest he had something else in his system tells me you know nothing about him he has been good for this town and a model citizen i know it must be hard while you people set upon your ivory towers throwing stones at all the people you look down upon and slandering someone while you set behind a keyboard and a false name
Jon cremeans
uggggghhh

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

cnn......really?
Josh King Azzhole

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Jon cremeans wrote:
Rich is a good man who has been dealing with a lot lately namely the death of his father and to suggest he had something else in his system tells me you know nothing about him he has been good for this town and a model citizen i know it must be hard while you people set upon your ivory towers throwing stones at all the people you look down upon and slandering someone while you set behind a keyboard and a false name
Jon cremeans
Who is slandering? What would you do if the mayor hit you head on while intoxicated and killed your wife and children, while you and your family was going to out for a family evening? Would he still be a model citizen in your eyes? I live in no ivory tower in which you speak, I do know right from wrong and I have common sense and empathy for the would be innocent victims, I would be putting at risk if I drove while intoxicated. You can't spin this story to a positive end, it was flat out wrong. A person that speaks out against ones personal failures, is doing so for the innocent lives that could have been lost in the Mayors act. If I gave my real name what would you do? Would you seek reprisal for me exercising my constitutional right? God was watching over those on the road that day and the Mayor should thank the Lord he didn't hurt or kill anyone. If you want to correspond and can do so civilly then my email address is joshkingazzhole@gmail.com.
The Truth

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Jon cremeans wrote:
Jon cremeans
I do know something about him..... he is a drunk driver. I bet you never thought he would get behind the wheel intoxicated, did you? If he has nothing to hide, take a drug screen. he may be clean, I dont know, but he owes it to the city to know he is sober and drug free.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Ironton Forum right now

Search the Ironton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 33 min Norm DePlume 2,227
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr d pantz 29,467
Anyone know Meghan cothron 5 hr Hey 9
Prayer of the day (May '11) 8 hr Sirius 1,210
new life 8 hr Good time 3
Vote Republican 8 hr umusberetarded 154
nra 11 hr FYI 47
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ironton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000