Ironton Little League
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Anonymous

United States

#1 May 3, 2010
I had the pleasure of spending the evening at the Little league field. Our boys had a game. I am pleased to say that we won. But we not only had to beat the team, their coaches and the umpires. Gary Murnaham should be ashamed of his behavior but people like him show not shame. He thinks his behavior is ok. Honesty and integrity is not in his vocabulary. Little League please advise your umpires to keep their heads in the game. The coaches do not make the calls you do. The 3rd base umpire was more interested in talking to the coaches at the side lines that what was going on in the game. The kids are impressionable we are suppposed to be teaching them team work, integrity and honesty. If tonight is an example I am glad that our coaches are men of God. Gary Murnaham shame on you. Please step back and look at yourself, your owe our team and coaches an apolgizy for your lack of integrity.
ILL is a joke

Newburgh, IN

#2 May 4, 2010
That place has gone down hill so bad. Umpiring absolutely sucks. They get these little kids to upmire because the coaches are too lazy to get behind the plate for each other's games.
Parent

United States

#3 May 4, 2010
My son played little league in Symmes Valley some years ago. Made the all stars every year, loved the game. He didnt' get to play in his last all star game due to politics. The coaches kid that sucked did though. Although I was a single parent working close to 70 hours a week, if you had helped out some, your boy could have played. I never thought that was the way to run any kind of team.
Izzy Straddlin

Brecksville, OH

#4 May 4, 2010
Everyone knows God is a HUGE baseball fan. Especially little league.

God's favorite team is the Taiwanese National team, the Ons.

That's right, the Taiwan Ons.
Ironton parent

Richmond, KY

#5 May 5, 2010
My boys played Ironton Little League years ago. I see that nothing has changed down there. POLITICS! Glad that we're done with that place!
Sidewinder

Dallas, TX

#6 May 5, 2010
Makes me not want to go to round two with the little one I have now.
jeepers

Grove City, OH

#7 May 5, 2010
Instead of bitching, get off your dead asses in the stands and volunteer to umpire yourselves if you have a problem with whomever they get to volunteer. Be part of the solution instead of part of the problem by just sitting and bitching. This is a volunteer organization that needs good volunteers. If you aren't willing to do your part, then you've got no right to bitch.
mother of 3 down there

United States

#8 May 5, 2010
We can all sit & find faults and do alot of complaining. No one gets paid for their work and time. It takes alot of dedication. I'm not saying that everything is run the way it should, especially the all-star thing. Show up for board meetings and get involved. Maybe we can help make positive changes instead of this negativity. This is coming from a parent that has one in t-ball, 9 & 10 yr. old softball and one playing senior league softball. My oldest only made All-Ohio all-stars because her pitching coach got her a tryout outside of Ironton. Let the kids play and learn or when they get up into school ball, they will not want to play at all. It has got to be about the kids. All-stars should be picked by the who is best not by name games. That's exactly what all-stars means.
SV Parent

Dallas, TX

#9 May 5, 2010
jeepers wrote:
Instead of bitching, get off your dead asses in the stands and volunteer to umpire yourselves if you have a problem with whomever they get to volunteer. Be part of the solution instead of part of the problem by just sitting and bitching. This is a volunteer organization that needs good volunteers. If you aren't willing to do your part, then you've got no right to bitch.
Now, that is just what I am talking about.

While the coaches and the umps were out volunteering for little league, I was volunteering for much more dangerous work. Although I am not at liberty to discuss those details, I am certain that you'd appreciate having done. I worked full time too and we can add single mother on top of that. The only thing I could do at the field was sleep, I was so freakin' tired. But that didn't matter to the "in crowd" who knew the story. It doesn't seem to matter now.

To imply a child is unworthy of a ballgame free of politics because a parent doesn't volunteer is just more politicking.
itownman

Pickerington, OH

#10 May 5, 2010
jeepers wrote:
Instead of bitching, get off your dead asses in the stands and volunteer to umpire yourselves if you have a problem with whomever they get to volunteer. Be part of the solution instead of part of the problem by just sitting and bitching. This is a volunteer organization that needs good volunteers. If you aren't willing to do your part, then you've got no right to bitch.
You keep talking like your bobby cockeral!!! What does the leauge do with all the money? 35$ REGISTRATION, plus candybars, sponsers and the parents pay for the uniform. What does the leauge do with this? they have had the same old worn out equipment for years!. thats about 900$ a team they are raking in. I admit there r some bad coaches down there ,but there is also a few good ones. And the umpiring is the worst ive seen in years.
Parent

Dallas, TX

#11 May 5, 2010
itownman wrote:
<quoted text> You keep talking like your bobby cockeral!!! What does the leauge do with all the money? 35$ REGISTRATION, plus candybars, sponsers and the parents pay for the uniform. What does the leauge do with this? they have had the same old worn out equipment for years!. thats about 900$ a team they are raking in. I admit there r some bad coaches down there ,but there is also a few good ones. And the umpiring is the worst ive seen in years.
Good question. Think you'll get some answers or the deflect and blame routine?
jeepers

Columbus, OH

#12 May 5, 2010
itownman wrote:
<quoted text> You keep talking like your bobby cockeral!!! What does the leauge do with all the money? 35$ REGISTRATION, plus candybars, sponsers and the parents pay for the uniform. What does the leauge do with this? they have had the same old worn out equipment for years!. thats about 900$ a team they are raking in. I admit there r some bad coaches down there ,but there is also a few good ones. And the umpiring is the worst ive seen in years.
Sorry, I'm not Bobby Crockrel.(note the spelling) If you're going to bitch, at least learn to spell correctly when you do it.
jeepers

Columbus, OH

#13 May 5, 2010
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. Think you'll get some answers or the deflect and blame routine?
Get elected to the board and you will see exactly how the money is spent. I know this year, the board put a new fence around the girls field. Plus, above there is some misinformation. The players do not supply their uniforms, they are given a shirt and hat for aure and I believe, the players supply pants, socks and shoes. Again, if you're not sure of facts, don't blab your own fabricated ones.

Just saying.
Bucksmom

Dallas, TX

#14 May 5, 2010
The money probably goes to the same place other money around town seems to go to....certain peoples pocket, vacation fund or to pay their bills that they can't seem to pay themselves. Wasn't there money missing from a cheerleader event not to long ago?
Tigergal

Dallas, TX

#15 May 5, 2010
jeepers wrote:
Instead of bitching, get off your dead asses in the stands and volunteer to umpire yourselves if you have a problem with whomever they get to volunteer. Be part of the solution instead of part of the problem by just sitting and bitching. This is a volunteer organization that needs good volunteers. If you aren't willing to do your part, then you've got no right to bitch.
They have had people that are good coaches and care about the kids but they seem to run off and talk about the ones that are actually doing it for the kids and keep all the a-holes that are just there for the publicity around!
irontonleague

Franklin, PA

#16 May 5, 2010
Its pretty sad that people like you that set in the stands are so quick to judge. Your team got lucky Gary has a wonderful group of boys that play for the love of the game and the Lord! I too got to witness the performance at that game and when you have the umpires tell you that the calls were wrong that's pretty sad, but we'll give you that one........well, people want to judge everyone but if the kids could just be kids and play without the stupid parents running their mouths and acting a fool then our kids might have a chance!!!!! I'll pray for you!!!!
annie get your gun wrote:
I had the pleasure of spending the evening at the Little league field. Our boys had a game. I am pleased to say that we won. But we not only had to beat the team, their coaches and the umpires. Gary Murnaham should be ashamed of his behavior but people like him show not shame. He thinks his behavior is ok. Honesty and integrity is not in his vocabulary. Little League please advise your umpires to keep their heads in the game. The coaches do not make the calls you do. The 3rd base umpire was more interested in talking to the coaches at the side lines that what was going on in the game. The kids are impressionable we are suppposed to be teaching them team work, integrity and honesty. If tonight is an example I am glad that our coaches are men of God. Gary Murnaham shame on you. Please step back and look at yourself, your owe our team and coaches an apolgizy for your lack of integrity.
jeepers

Columbus, OH

#17 May 5, 2010
Bucksmom wrote:
Wasn't there money missing from a cheerleader event not to long ago?
The Ironton Little League has nothing to do with cheerleader money. Bucksmom, you're just someone trying to stir up crap that has nothing to with the ILL.
Stanley

Dallas, TX

#19 May 5, 2010
jeepers wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ironton Little League has nothing to do with cheerleader money. Bucksmom, you're just someone trying to stir up crap that has nothing to with the ILL.
I thought it did too because I thought that someone had broke in the office that was at the field and took the money...at least thats what the police report said.
jeepers

Columbus, OH

#20 May 6, 2010
Stanley wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it did too because I thought that someone had broke in the office that was at the field and took the money...at least thats what the police report said.
Nope
tiger

Broken Arrow, OK

#21 May 6, 2010
Bucksmom wrote:
The money probably goes to the same place other money around town seems to go to....certain peoples pocket, vacation fund or to pay their bills that they can't seem to pay themselves. Wasn't there money missing from a cheerleader event not to long ago?
There was $ stolen out of one of the offices down there, and, they know who did it, they just did not have enough proof. He is actually in jail now for murder!! When you have all of those jail birds in the back of a city workers truck, working off fines, time, etc., and then take them to places where they know $ is??? How stupid is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tesa Schoolcraft (Mar '10) 1 hr Jeff 27
IHS head footbaLL coach to be replaced mid seas... 1 hr Maury Povich 18
How did Jason chappy pass? 2 hr Sorry 4
Mike Sark 3 hr Sharon Peters 5
Rock hill employee sending nudes to students. 3 hr Yall Stoopid 11
overseas jobs 14 hr observer 7
rashee pringle (Jun '10) 17 hr Ruthann Robinette 7
Paul mollet 19 hr DUH 29

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ironton Mortgages