stepping stones daycare

Posted in the Ironton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
inquiring mind

Ironton, OH

#1 Feb 18, 2010
im thinking of sending my kid there and was wondering if anyone else knows anything about them?
Lori

United States

#2 Feb 18, 2010
If it is Stepping Stones in Hanging Rock, it is a great daycare. I took my kids there for years. The woman who owns it is one of the most caring people I know. Erin is great too. She has worked there for years. I highly recomend it.
all knowing

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 19, 2010
stepping stones is awsome! me kids have went there for years and they love it there. there has been alot of overturn as far as daycare providers but thats because linda only wants the best for her chidren and lets face it "good help" is hard to come by. Erin is great with the kids, they all love her and she has worked there for several years.
brittany

Staunton, VA

#4 Feb 19, 2010
I'd really like to get a job there.. anyone know how I could get hold of the owner? I love children I'm going to school to be a rn and work on peds.
Momof 3

Columbus, OH

#5 Feb 20, 2010
inquiring mind wrote:
im thinking of sending my kid there and was wondering if anyone else knows anything about them?
DON'T send your kids there! She tied my 18 month old baby to a highchair with just a diaper on. He was placed where no one could see him. Anything could have happened to him. The only reason I found out about it was because I showed up early to get him. She then came in to my home and started trouble with me there! There is a complaint registered at DJFS. She is an evil woman with no morals. What kind of person ties a baby to furniture? What a B!TCH!
inquiring mind

Ironton, OH

#6 Feb 20, 2010
seriously lets not just make up stuff alot of people like to do that on here and i really need a day care provider that i can trust badly. im a single mother of 2 and i do not want to lose my job.
Shawna

Columbus, OH

#7 Feb 21, 2010
inquiring mind wrote:
seriously lets not just make up stuff alot of people like to do that on here and i really need a day care provider that i can trust badly. im a single mother of 2 and i do not want to lose my job.
Well my kids have been going there for 3 years and never have I seen any of them tie anyones child to a chair and my kids go there all shits! So don't start saying shit that isn't true Nana is a good woman and wonderful daycare provider!!! She would never allow any of her employess to tie anyones child up!!
x employee

United States

#8 Feb 21, 2010
stepping stones is a great daycare. Not only did i work there for a while, but my children went there as well. all the children are very well cared for. Dont believe someones lies about nana. As a mother i dont expect you to take my word for it or anyone elses for that matter. The best thing to do when chosing a daycare is go visit the place and see for yourself.
livin the dream

Seattle, WA

#9 Feb 21, 2010
I have heard that its a good place however, I also hear that nana is definitely doing some illegal things out there with money. Saying that she has a certain number of kids and does not so she gets a bigger tax break and more money in the pocket. Its obvious if you see the place. Also, watch out cause there are several employees that work there whom watch the kids who are huge pill heads. I am not making this up, its legit 1000% percent. I have seen them....one lady named Kim, I think. She is a treat let me tell ya. wow
Momof 3

Columbus, OH

#10 Feb 21, 2010
I do not appreciate being called a liar! What happened to my child is exactly what I said. He was tied down to a highchair! I can not help it that you have not seen anything like this. That does not mean that it is not happening. This did happen a few years ago and she got in trouble for it! So maybe she learned her leason. I don't know. All I do know is that I would never trust her to care for my children again. He has never been back. Just out of curiousity, if you are so sure that she would never do this then why was it a VERIFIED complaint with DJFS? I really do not care if you believe me or not. I know my kids are safe because she does not have them. Someone just asked if it were a good daycare and my opinion is NO!
ERIN

Springfield, KY

#11 Feb 21, 2010
FIRST OFF I WOULD LIKE TO SAY. I WORK AT STEPPING STONES. IT IS A GREAT DAYCARE I HAVE BEEN THERE FOR 6 YEARS AND WE LOVE OUR CHILDREN. LINDA THE OWNER IS A WONDERFUL PERSON AND LOVES ALL OF THE CHILDREN THERE. IF IT WAS SUCH A BAD DAYCARE MY CHILDREN WOULD NOT GO THERE AND I WOULD NOT WORK THERE AS WELL. AS FAR AS SOMEONE SAYING THEYRE CHILD WAS TIED DOWN TO A HIGHCHAIR. NOW COME ON, DO YOU HONESTLY THINK WE WOULD BE OPENED IF WE DID THAT. NOPE.PEOPLE HAVE THEYRE OPINION ABOUT PLACES AND THATS FINE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE DAYCARE YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME AND SEE IT. STEPPING STONES IS A GREAT PLACE FOR YOUR KIDS AND WE DO NOT MISTREAT THEM.LINDA IS A WELL KNOWN PERSON AND EVERYONE KNOWS SHES GOOD TO THE CHILDREN AND ALSO THE PARENTS..
Momof 3

Columbus, OH

#12 Feb 21, 2010
ERIN wrote:
FIRST OFF I WOULD LIKE TO SAY. I WORK AT STEPPING STONES. IT IS A GREAT DAYCARE I HAVE BEEN THERE FOR 6 YEARS AND WE LOVE OUR CHILDREN. LINDA THE OWNER IS A WONDERFUL PERSON AND LOVES ALL OF THE CHILDREN THERE. IF IT WAS SUCH A BAD DAYCARE MY CHILDREN WOULD NOT GO THERE AND I WOULD NOT WORK THERE AS WELL. AS FAR AS SOMEONE SAYING THEYRE CHILD WAS TIED DOWN TO A HIGHCHAIR. NOW COME ON, DO YOU HONESTLY THINK WE WOULD BE OPENED IF WE DID THAT. NOPE.PEOPLE HAVE THEYRE OPINION ABOUT PLACES AND THATS FINE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE DAYCARE YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME AND SEE IT. STEPPING STONES IS A GREAT PLACE FOR YOUR KIDS AND WE DO NOT MISTREAT THEM.LINDA IS A WELL KNOWN PERSON AND EVERYONE KNOWS SHES GOOD TO THE CHILDREN AND ALSO THE PARENTS..
I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE ABOUT THIS! SHE HAD AN EMPLOYEE TIE MY SON DOWN (ABOUT 8YEARS AGO SO YOU DID NOT WORK THERE AT THE TIME!). I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU ARE NOT A GOOD EMPLOYEE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU. ALL I CAN SAY IS WHAT I WENT THROUGH. SHE DID GET IN TROUBLE. SHE HAD TO PUT IN WRITING HOW SHE WOULD CHANGE HER PUNISHMENTS. SHE WAS TOLD THAT TIME OUTS ARE FOR CHILDREN TO CALM DOWN AND ARE NOT TO BE USED AS PUNISHMENT AND CAN NOT INCLUDE "RESTRAINING" THEM TO A CHAIR. I HAVE DOCUMENTS THAT PROVE ALL OF THIS. ANYWAY I DON'T CARE IF YOU BELIEVE ME OR NOT. I JUST FEEL THAT IT IS MY RESPONSIBILTY AS A PARENT TO TELL OTHERS THE TRUTH, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ASK FOR IT. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL DJFS AND ASK IF THERE WERE ANY COMPLAINTS ON THIS DAY CARE. YOU WILL SEE!!!!!!!!!
Momof 3

Columbus, OH

#13 Feb 21, 2010
inquiring mind wrote:
seriously lets not just make up stuff alot of people like to do that on here and i really need a day care provider that i can trust badly. im a single mother of 2 and i do not want to lose my job.
Just Wondering?!?! Why did you ask this question if you did not want an honest answer? If you want a lie......It is a great place. I feel very comfortable leaving my kids there!
Shawna

Columbus, OH

#14 Feb 21, 2010
livin the dream wrote:
I have heard that its a good place however, I also hear that nana is definitely doing some illegal things out there with money. Saying that she has a certain number of kids and does not so she gets a bigger tax break and more money in the pocket. Its obvious if you see the place. Also, watch out cause there are several employees that work there whom watch the kids who are huge pill heads. I am not making this up, its legit 1000% percent. I have seen them....one lady named Kim, I think. She is a treat let me tell ya. wow
There isn't anyone there on drugs I would know!!! SHe does give random drug screens and noone knows when they are going to get one!! If someone even tells her they think that one of them is on drugs she doesn't say anything she just testes them and as far as doing illegal things for a tax break or whatever nope everything she does is legit I promise you that!! She has worked hard to build what shes got and if you was out there then you would know that the castle isn't even done if she had all the money that you are saying she does then it would be complete!!! No doubt about it!! ANd I know everyone that works there and all of them are great peeps:) I love them all and they have worked wonders with my kids and if it wasn't a good place for kids mine wouldn't be there!! My suggestion to the one askin about the daycare needs to go out there and see for your self!!! Nana is a wonderful person and so are her employees,)
inquiring minds

Ironton, OH

#15 Feb 21, 2010
Momof 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Wondering?!?! Why did you ask this question if you did not want an honest answer? If you want a lie......It is a great place. I feel very comfortable leaving my kids there!
i never said anything bad i do want an honest answer all i was saying is that people use this site to trash talk when they get angry so i was just wondering about this. Please dont get hateful on this topic its a question
Owner

Springfield, KY

#16 Feb 22, 2010
I usually don't have the time to mess with trash that is put on this site, but someone told me about the mom of accusing me of tying her 18 month old child in a high chair. I will tell you the circumstances so you judge! Mom always put very nice clothes on her child. We were finger painting so we let him paint in his diaper. We were finished and wiping the children down and he starting having a temper tamperm because he wanted down,when his mother walked in and he was screaming she jumped to conclusions and accused me of tying him up in the chair. The only restraint in the chair was the safety belt equiped with the chair, nothing else. I went to her home and tried to explain the circumstance, but she was just mad, so I terminated her child. If you don't trust me or my employees to watch your child it is best if you go somewhere else. This is a ministry for me and I don't have to answer to anyone but God. I love my kids and my employee's and when I get a complaint from parents, I try to take care of it.
This is how things get started. As far as the money, I work hard and do without personally so that my children have nice things to play on and play with. We have been building a sand castle for 5 years now, you think if I had the money I would hire things done instead of working from daylight to dark? I don't really advertise, I pray for the kids God wants here and the employees he wants. Sometimes I need to make changes. I do random drug test and I have fired employees for that reason. Don't judge everything by what you read, know the whole story. All my inspections are posted in the ODJFS web site for the public to see. Check it out!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#17 Feb 22, 2010
Momof 3 wrote:
I do not appreciate being called a liar! What happened to my child is exactly what I said. He was tied down to a highchair! I can not help it that you have not seen anything like this. That does not mean that it is not happening. This did happen a few years ago and she got in trouble for it! So maybe she learned her leason. I don't know. All I do know is that I would never trust her to care for my children again. He has never been back. Just out of curiousity, if you are so sure that she would never do this then why was it a VERIFIED complaint with DJFS? I really do not care if you believe me or not. I know my kids are safe because she does not have them. Someone just asked if it were a good daycare and my opinion is NO!
First off, if there was a registered complaint to the DJFS then, there was probably good reason,) Nana is wonderful with kids and THEIR SAFETY!!!! As are her workers:) I worked for them a while back and my kids have attended there. My son, Austin, had had a hard time with behavioral and trust issues after a really bad accident and that place was the best thing that could have ever happened to him! Thanks a million times over Nana! We love you,)
April

Richmond, KY

#18 Feb 22, 2010
If you have EVER had a child in ANY daycare, they usually don't want to go to daycare and whine when they have to. My three children went to Stepping Stones for a few years. My oldest child was about 12 and got to old for daycare, but she still went there for a little while just to "hang out" with the employees because she liked it so well. When she quit going, my youngest two went there for a few years longer. When I decided to take a break and be at home with them for a little while (about a year and a half) They didn't have to go to daycare any longer. Now at 8 and 10 years old, and I went back to work, they beg me to take them out there. And the only reason that I don't is because it is to far of a drive for us right now. My kids LOVED Stepping Stones, they always talked about the employees and Nana. They felt safe there and Loved. They know that Nana had rules and she expected them to abide by the rules, but they also knew she was fair and loved them too. If you can't be with your kids and you have to have daycare, there is no better place in this world then Stepping Stones, and if God blessed anyone with the patience and love to take care of children, he blessed Linda Bond most of all. She loves these kids, each and everyone of them are special to her. Even though she has employees to help her, she is a very close to all the kids, she is their Nana...just ask any of the kids there...They will tell you anything you need to know. Go out there on a warm summer day and look how happy they are, playing on the water slides and riding bikes...They sure don't look unhappy to me. Kids at Nana's are usually always smiling and having a good time while they are in her care. The Castle she has been working on....well, it has taken her so long to build it, because it is a childhood dream to any child, go take a tour of it. You will see that Linda has put any daycare money she has earned back into things for the kids and has not used it for her own gain AT ALL. She even build a Mcdonalds in it so the kids could learn while they play and pretend that they really work at Mcdonalds. I don't care what any of you say....Nana is a wonderfull child care provider and deserves the utmost respect...and she has mine.....WE LOVE YOU LINDA....HUGS....April, Savannah, Wil and Jessica.
Shawna

Columbus, OH

#19 Feb 22, 2010
Momof 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE ABOUT THIS! SHE HAD AN EMPLOYEE TIE MY SON DOWN (ABOUT 8YEARS AGO SO YOU DID NOT WORK THERE AT THE TIME!). I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU ARE NOT A GOOD EMPLOYEE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU. ALL I CAN SAY IS WHAT I WENT THROUGH. SHE DID GET IN TROUBLE. SHE HAD TO PUT IN WRITING HOW SHE WOULD CHANGE HER PUNISHMENTS. SHE WAS TOLD THAT TIME OUTS ARE FOR CHILDREN TO CALM DOWN AND ARE NOT TO BE USED AS PUNISHMENT AND CAN NOT INCLUDE "RESTRAINING" THEM TO A CHAIR. I HAVE DOCUMENTS THAT PROVE ALL OF THIS. ANYWAY I DON'T CARE IF YOU BELIEVE ME OR NOT. I JUST FEEL THAT IT IS MY RESPONSIBILTY AS A PARENT TO TELL OTHERS THE TRUTH, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ASK FOR IT. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL DJFS AND ASK IF THERE WERE ANY COMPLAINTS ON THIS DAY CARE. YOU WILL SEE!!!!!!!!!
So there you have it Nana along with employees of hers as well as parents before and the present:) Nana is a wonderful person she was truely sent to me and my kids by God:) Heaven sent!!! Thats all I have to say!! So therefore if you have any negativeity about her then its just because you are mad because you assume instead of listening:( No one has the right to say anything bad about this daycare and I am sure at one time she had your back as well as any parent she has now!! She would do anything within her power to help you even if she is in a bind herself!! Trust this I know for a fact!! My son has alot of issues and if it wasn't for her I have no clue who would watch my kids!!! He has been threw so much and she has helped me with him in so many different ways:) Ask him he can tell you!!! I never thought it was possible to have so much respect for someone until I met Nana and Pap!! They are truely in this by the grace of God and love each one of their kids there!! We all love her!!!!!!! No doubt about it!! Nana you are truely the best thing that has ever happened to us,) And I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for you and your daycare:) Thanks again and we LOVE you keep your head up and don't allow anyone to bring you down we all know what you are about and what matters to you and that is our kids:) And you take the best care of them!!
seek the truth

Seattle, WA

#20 Feb 22, 2010
I still know for a fact, a million times over that there are pill heads that work out there! Random testing, yeah right. If that were the case, go test them today..I can guarantee that you will loose 2-3 employees right off the bat. I will not name names, but S and K are two initials that I will state. So parents, I am sure this is a nice place to look at and might even be reasonable in price, but I would not want my child being cared for by someone who is all pilled out when they come to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
josh klaiber john pennington chosen for drug te... (Jul '10) 4 hr abc 8
Chances are, drugs win in relationship 5 hr southpoint 4
log truck turned over on 93 5 hr BABY CAT TRKG 2
are you better off than 6 years ago 7 hr southpoint 36
What really happened to David Bowling? (Jun '10) 7 hr southpoint 305
jeanette krissenger 7 hr hippychic 9
hillary in 2016 7 hr dnt doubt it one bit 9
More from around the web

Ironton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]