Why did the eagles in ironton close?
Lisa

Newburgh, IN

#2 Nov 14, 2009
To much arguing and money missing.
lmfao

Dublin, OH

#3 Nov 14, 2009
Jim Weber will make everthing better Im sure... He is the biggest crook in town. Of corse other Then Ktratzenburg.......
Jennywren

Columbus, OH

#4 Dec 8, 2009
I think George will make it the best bar in Ironton. He is a Good person.
just talking

Columbus, OH

#5 Dec 27, 2009
It was the other people in there with George that made it bad. If they are back with him the Eagles will be gone again.
murphy

Ashland, KY

#6 Dec 28, 2009
They had a band in there on the "grand opening" mojo something or another the place was packed enjoyed it very much...went back the next weekend and they had a band called cornbread mafia or corncobb mafia my gosh it was soooo bad we had to leave went walkin down the street found the crowd they lost they fallowed the mojo band any body know any where thier playin we really like this band their very intertaining eagles better get better bands or they will fall on thier face again...
bobby

Flatwoods, KY

#7 Dec 30, 2009
a lot of the crowd was because it was thier grand opening but mojo does draw good crowds and corncob mafia suck. check out mojo at boomers this new years eve and weekend. also i think the eagles only have so much to work with on paying the bands but the grand aries wont let them apend so much. they are having strait 8 for new years eve which is only a step above cornbread mafia. they could of had better bands that would have drawed a bigger crowd but wouldnt pay the money. you have bands playing for free and 200 a night when they should be makin 350-400 a night.
all they wanted to pay for new years was 600-800 when most bands get 1200 or more for that night. bands cut throating prices is what hurts all band and stops them from making less than they did 20 years ago. but as the ol sayin goes, you get what you pay for.
sandy

United States

#8 Dec 30, 2009
If you really feel that way about cornbread mafia, you don't need to be around anyway. money is not the issue, it's all about the love of music.
elaine

United States

#9 Dec 30, 2009
i personally know cornbread mafia band is much more talented than the moblow king band they are all to old to even move on stage they just stand around and play like if they move they might break a hip or something lol if you want to see a good band and have a good time go see cornbread mafia they rock the house all night long
Jimmy Howe

Scottdale, PA

#10 Dec 30, 2009
I can tell you personnally I know Robby the guitar player in Cornbread Mafia "have known him for years" he's a great guy and a fantastic guitarist! His band doesn't try to "cut throat" anybody and he never has a cross word to say about anyone including other bands. People can certainly go see whatever band they'd like to see,but for me I like a wide range of music and I'll guarantee you that you get that from Robby. I haven't heard too many other bands around yet "I just moved back from Chicago" but I've heard Mojo King and yeah they're good but Cornbread Mafia also is a very good band. The Ironton Eagles are just getting back started and I was there the Friday Mojo King PLAYED "BEFORE ALL THE DIGNATARIES ARRIVED ON SATURDAY!" and I can tell you that there wasn't many more to see Mojo on that Friday then there was to see Cornbread Mafia. I think certain people have agendas and try to say things but I believe cornbread mafia is playing at frogtown tomorrow night so come down and judge for yoourself. They're pretty damn good..
Shannon

Ruffs Dale, PA

#11 Dec 30, 2009
personal preference is personal preference I can tell you the Ironton Eagles is more then pleased with the turn out for the cornbread mafia shows and I know they are happy to have them back in either february or march. If you like a variety of music this band is definately for you, anything from 50's style chuck berry to even elvis presley from that to kiss or alice in chains or Toby keith say what you want but this is one of the most diverse bands this area has ever seen. I heard one of the cornbread mafia guys talking to someone from the mojo band and it didn't sound to me like there was any friction at all there. I think the friction came after someone decided they wanted to play troublemaker.I have attended a few shows and I'd say the cornbread mafia guys are doing alright as far as attendance go's I mean people that come to these places don't know if a band is cgarging 200.00 or 500.00 and I'm pretty sure they make more then 200.00. I would strongly suggest you get out and go see for yourself. I was at Illusions a few weeks ago and Aaron Miller was there now everybody knows he's real damn good but you know what there were maybe 6 people there, so I don't think anyone should really start putting down places like the Eagles for booking this band or any other they had more then there share of people turn out. You can't please everyone and I'm sure there's always people that want to bash someone but I suggest you go see this band if you want diversity but getting on here bashing a band is pretty childish. Don't go see them if you don't like them. I also think mojo king is a great band they've been around for a while and it was actually mike that recomended the cornbread mafia to the eagles I don't know what happened between them if anything but I can tell you that cornbread mafia guys mention them pretty often at their shows so I don't believe there to be any jealousy or anythingthere.
mikedelawdermojo king

Ashland, KY

#12 Dec 30, 2009
elaine wrote:
i personally know cornbread mafia band is much more talented than the moblow king band they are all to old to even move on stage they just stand around and play like if they move they might break a hip or something lol if you want to see a good band and have a good time go see cornbread mafia they rock the house all night long
now why would you call us moblow king we never bashed corn bread mafia we have no problem with any band out there.theres plenty of clubs to play for every one. trouble makers bash people i dont we are friends with cornbread mafia, the edge, gypsy rose,dennis smith, etc we are all differnt in on way or another as far as bein old well we got your attention huh
bobby

Flatwoods, KY

#14 Dec 31, 2009
elaine wrote:
You must be family or tone deaf. everyone ive talked to including the bartenters and some of the trustees and even the doorman talk about how lousy they sound, but hey, for a band that plays free or for free drinks they aint bad. i stoped and listen to them and ive heard worst, been a while tho. they where only about 12 people in the whole club and that was on a saturday nite around 11. to bad you aint a member and you could see what they are making off of the band. even as bad as they sound they should be makin 300-400 a nite. but if they want to keep getin used more power to them, it just hurts bands that have more money invested in equipment and quality of entertainment to try and get paid what they should.
Robby

Ruffs Dale, PA

#15 Dec 31, 2009
mikedelawdermojoking wrote:
<quoted text>
now why would you call us moblow king we never bashed corn bread mafia we have no problem with any band out there.theres plenty of clubs to play for every one. trouble makers bash people i dont we are friends with cornbread mafia, the edge, gypsy rose,dennis smith, etc we are all differnt in on way or another as far as bein old well we got your attention huh
Well, I don't understand all this crazyness but as I've said time n time before we (cornbread mafia) apreciate everything mike and mojo has done for us and Mike I hope you understand my soon to be ex wife and I obviously aren't gettin along right now and she has been known to twist truths a little bit, but I apreciate what you've done for us and am not the type to talk about anyone so I hope you understand that. To this Bobby person I think you can probably quit bashing this band about anytime now and I'll tell you straight up we did volunteer to come in there and play for free and did one night not that it's any of your business but we priced the entire deal for 250 a night and got paid 300. All I can say to you is hey if you don't like us stay away.
Mike and Mojo- I apreciate you thanks a lot!
Moose

Flatwoods, KY

#16 Dec 31, 2009
Robby wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't understand all this crazyness but as I've said time n time before we (cornbread mafia) apreciate everything mike and mojo has done for us and Mike I hope you understand my soon to be ex wife and I obviously aren't gettin along right now and she has been known to twist truths a little bit, but I apreciate what you've done for us and am not the type to talk about anyone so I hope you understand that. To this Bobby person I think you can probably quit bashing this band about anytime now and I'll tell you straight up we did volunteer to come in there and play for free and did one night not that it's any of your business but we priced the entire deal for 250 a night and got paid 300. All I can say to you is hey if you don't like us stay away.
Mike and Mojo- I apreciate you thanks a lot!
Thats way more than you all are worth LOL!!!!!
Mafia Fan

United States

#17 Dec 31, 2009
mikedelawdermojoking wrote:
<quoted text>
I personaly heard you make cheap shots about the cornbread mafia
Moose

Flatwoods, KY

#18 Dec 31, 2009
If the Corncob Mafia are so great why arent they playing the new years eve at the eagles?
I even heard one of the trustees make the remark they would rather have jim rowe play kareoke LOL!! thats bad. Belive me they screw about every band that plays there. ask jeff lykins of kyova band he had to sue them. so bend over and spred em they will shaft ya, but after readin the first post about the band toungeing each other when they leave at night you probly like it LOL!!!!
Only In

Richmond, KY

#19 Dec 31, 2009
Only in Ironton do you here such stories!!
Mafia Fan

United States

#20 Dec 31, 2009
bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be family or tone deaf. everyone ive talked to including the bartenters and some of the trustees and even the doorman talk about how lousy they sound, but hey, for a band that plays free or for free drinks they aint bad. i stoped and listen to them and ive heard worst, been a while tho. they where only about 12 people in the whole club and that was on a saturday nite around 11. to bad you aint a member and you could see what they are making off of the band. even as bad as they sound they should be makin 300-400 a nite. but if they want to keep getin used more power to them, it just hurts bands that have more money invested in equipment and quality of entertainment to try and get paid what they should.
I maybe tone deaf but to a true musician its never about the money its always about the music. are you a true musician?
Eagles A queerbar

AOL

#21 Dec 31, 2009
They will shut it down again before the end of the month.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horse Mouth at Knights of Columbus 2 min kck 2
I hate myself 13 min Convicted 3
Anyone Know Sandy Compston?? (Dec '09) 2 hr Curious 94
Looking for a young lady to help old man 3 hr Travis 11
need a female companion 3 hr Travis 2
Krista Daily (Sep '12) 3 hr WillNeverGoThere 4
Sany Concrete Placing Booms 5 hr kangshifu 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ironton Mortgages