Lets take Christ out of Christmas

Posted in the Ironton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Atheist

Ashland, OH

#1 Dec 8, 2012
Help me take Christ out of Christmas it's a joke just to get people to spend money they don't have to buy people things they don't need it has nothing to do with your so called bible and the prophet in it lets be realistic people religion has caused nothing but trouble through out history look at the Middle East those dumb asses kill each other and any American they can because of it!! Lets stick together and do this!!
John the Baptist

Ashland, KY

#2 Dec 8, 2012
That's what Osama bin Laden and his terrorist followers want...force America to become an Islamic country. The athiests are just making it easier for them to change America. Read Osama bin Laden's "Letter to America" online and see for yourself.
fab

Ashland, KY

#3 Dec 8, 2012
Most atheist people I know are caring humble people while church goers are the most selfish judgementle people I know I personally say live life be happy if that means following a god or living by your own morals
umm

Ashland, KY

#4 Dec 8, 2012
John the Baptist wrote:
That's what Osama bin Laden and his terrorist followers want...force America to become an Islamic country. The athiests are just making it easier for them to change America. Read Osama bin Laden's "Letter to America" online and see for yourself.
who gives a shit what osama wants everbody wants something
well well

Ashland, KY

#5 Dec 8, 2012
hey you take christ out of christmas.you may not live to see it
Really

United States

#6 Dec 8, 2012
Hey, let's take you off the planet!
Beavis

Lancaster, OH

#7 Dec 8, 2012
Atheist wrote:
Help me take Christ out of Christmas it's a joke just to get people to spend money they don't have to buy people things they don't need it has nothing to do with your so called bible and the prophet in it lets be realistic people religion has caused nothing but trouble through out history look at the Middle East those dumb asses kill each other and any American they can because of it!! Lets stick together and do this!!
I think you are talking about two totally different subject (Christ and buying gifts). If you do not believe in Christ that is your business and if another believes in Christ that is his/her business; whereas, if you decide not to buy gifts for people you have that right just as another has a right to do so.
It is funny to me how people claim that they should not be forced to believe a certain way (which you aren't) yet these same people (you) want people to believe as you do.
Maybe your real issue is the fact that you may dislike Christmas because it stresses you out due to gift buying, seeing friends/family, dealing with stores that are crowded.
My point is simple: look within yourself and your own internal issues. Then again, it is much easier to bash others for how they believe/celebrate instead of taking a deep look within.
bubba

Ashland, KY

#8 Dec 8, 2012
Yeah...sure, that's like taking the chocolate out of brownies. You idiots never use your head for anything but a hat rack do you?
umm

Ashland, KY

#9 Dec 8, 2012
bubba wrote:
Yeah...sure, that's like taking the chocolate out of brownies. You idiots never use your head for anything but a hat rack do you?
it is possible to take chocolate out of brownies guess u fail to look past the obvious there captain genius
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#10 Dec 8, 2012
Hmm, if we take out christ can we return Mithra? You know, the Persian son of god who was born on december 25 during the winter solstice and had three wise men visit him bringing him gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh? He was also born of a virgin. Did I mention he was crucified and resurrected after three days during the spring equinox aka passover. Best part of it all, he did this all several hundred years before there was anybody named Jesus. Hell, he was even part of a divine trinity. So let's all celebrate christmas and it's many fine christian traditions that were completely stolen from Zoroastrianism. It does my heart good to know that you all practice a religion and pray to a god who would be sued for copyright infringement and lose if he tried this today. Best part of it all is the fact it's from the area of the world that is present day Iran.

So Merry Mithramas. Enjoy your pirated dvd religion.
bubba

Ashland, KY

#11 Dec 8, 2012
umm wrote:
<quoted text> it is possible to take chocolate out of brownies guess u fail to look past the obvious there captain genius
Yeah, doofus, but it's not a brownie then, is it?
umm

Ashland, KY

#12 Dec 8, 2012
bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, doofus, but it's not a brownie then, is it?
uh yea doofus it is it just isn't a chocolate brownie
bubba

Ashland, KY

#13 Dec 8, 2012
Do you think that Christ's birth and resurrection story was a secret until his birth? His coming was foretold for centuries by the Old Testament Prophets. There were phonies, flakes and fakes before, as there have been since, the first coming of Christ. The Old Adversary has tried to lead people away from Him even before his birth.The difference is Jesus had the power of God in his fingertips and performed feats that only God could have done. That is why hardly anybody has heard of the false messiahs that came before. Jerusalem was full of phoneys when Jesus arrived and it wasn't long before folks knew He was the real thing.
I had "pinheaded" professors in college that had a chip on their shoulder about Christians , and they loved to teach about stuff like this "Mitha" you are talking about, and they could be very persuasive. The problem was the more they talked, the more you realized they were trying to persuade themselves as much as their students. Their teaching had a hollow ring to it and was tainted by their own bitterness.
In the end, no matter what you think, what you believe, or how smart you think you are, every person, including you, will be on bended knees before Christ Jesus.
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#14 Dec 8, 2012
bubba wrote:
Do you think that Christ's birth and resurrection story was a secret until his birth? His coming was foretold for centuries by the Old Testament Prophets. There were phonies, flakes and fakes before, as there have been since, the first coming of Christ. The Old Adversary has tried to lead people away from Him even before his birth.The difference is Jesus had the power of God in his fingertips and performed feats that only God could have done. That is why hardly anybody has heard of the false messiahs that came before. Jerusalem was full of phoneys when Jesus arrived and it wasn't long before folks knew He was the real thing.
I had "pinheaded" professors in college that had a chip on their shoulder about Christians , and they loved to teach about stuff like this "Mitha" you are talking about, and they could be very persuasive. The problem was the more they talked, the more you realized they were trying to persuade themselves as much as their students. Their teaching had a hollow ring to it and was tainted by their own bitterness.
In the end, no matter what you think, what you believe, or how smart you think you are, every person, including you, will be on bended knees before Christ Jesus.
Jesus did not fullfill the prophecies for the messiah. An inconvenient truth that anyone with an ability to read can learn for themselves. It takes a buttload of spin to try and make it seem as if he does but he really falls flat on all accounts. Not being Joseph's son he even fails being born into the house of david. He starts from day one not meeting up to the prophets pronouncements on the messiah. The most glaring of all the failures of his in measuring up to the prophecies is the fact that the messiah would re-establish Isreal as a nation making it the center of the world's power and influence where he would live and rule. The messiah was supposed to lead the jews to victory in battle to get their country back, not die on a cross for your sins. That is a christian concept and has nothing to do with the old testament or the torah.
Beavis

Lancaster, OH

#15 Dec 8, 2012
wtfever wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus did not fullfill the prophecies for the messiah. An inconvenient truth that anyone with an ability to read can learn for themselves. It takes a buttload of spin to try and make it seem as if he does but he really falls flat on all accounts. Not being Joseph's son he even fails being born into the house of david. He starts from day one not meeting up to the prophets pronouncements on the messiah. The most glaring of all the failures of his in measuring up to the prophecies is the fact that the messiah would re-establish Isreal as a nation making it the center of the world's power and influence where he would live and rule. The messiah was supposed to lead the jews to victory in battle to get their country back, not die on a cross for your sins. That is a christian concept and has nothing to do with the old testament or the torah.
Jesus the Messiah will do just that during his second coming and it is funny yet eerie that you bring it up as this is why so many people will be deceived by the anti-christ as he will bring a false peace for 3.5 years. That is another discussion for a later time if anyone is interested.
bubba

Ashland, KY

#16 Dec 8, 2012
wtfever wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus did not fullfill the prophecies for the messiah. An inconvenient truth that anyone with an ability to read can learn for themselves. It takes a buttload of spin to try and make it seem as if he does but he really falls flat on all accounts. Not being Joseph's son he even fails being born into the house of david. He starts from day one not meeting up to the prophets pronouncements on the messiah. The most glaring of all the failures of his in measuring up to the prophecies is the fact that the messiah would re-establish Isreal as a nation making it the center of the world's power and influence where he would live and rule. The messiah was supposed to lead the jews to victory in battle to get their country back, not die on a cross for your sins. That is a christian concept and has nothing to do with the old testament or the torah.
If you believe this stuff, you will believe anything. As I said, even as smart as you think you are and as comfortable as you are in your deviate bliefs, you will be on your knees before Jesus one day.
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#17 Dec 9, 2012
sure, you get mad at obama because he waits until an election year to enact any kind of immigration reform. jesus getting around to establishing the nation of isreal gets 2000 years of no complaints so far. last time I checked Isreal was a nation again. I don't recall Jesus showing up for it. I do, however, recall that it was formed by the United Nations. Is that why evangelic neocons hate the UN so much? That they did what Jesus has failed to show up for 2000 years to do? Does it kind of spit in the face of their beliefs at an unspoken level amongst their leaders who really don't want to acknowledge the truth? Jesus can't make a second coming and establish the nation of Isreal and lead it to victory over it's enemies because the UN already has.
Silent Night

Ashland, KY

#18 Dec 9, 2012
Take Christ out of Christmas, and December becomes the bleakest and most colorless month of the year.
Silent Night

Ashland, KY

#19 Dec 9, 2012
For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.
Silent Night

Ashland, KY

#20 Dec 9, 2012
The Christmas message is that there is hope for a ruined humanity - hope of pardon, hope of peace with God, hope of glory - because at the Father's will Jesus Christ became poor and was born in a stable so that thirty years later He might hang on a cross.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know who Jason Stapleton is dating ... (Nov '14) 1 hr Hiswifey 22
alisa schaus slept with a 15 year old!! 2 hr Lol 1
global warming 5 hr Instigator 41
hillary in 2016 14 hr IHS 54
globull warming 14 hr David 11
Obamas illegal immigrants 15 hr Hill no 3
the economy 16 hr logical 20
Who is the Dominant 1% MC in Ohio? (Apr '11) May 20 JimmyCrackCarpenter 442
More from around the web

Ironton People Search