First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HOPE

Ironton, OH

#1 Sep 22, 2012
Seriously disturbed by the headlines I read on the mobile app. It's ashame what is happening around the tristate.
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#2 Sep 23, 2012
it's a clear sign gun control, or in the case of this country a lack thereof, clearly must be working. the self regulating concept of if we have guns we can defend ourselves from people with guns, which is fully up and running and implemented, is working at optimal effeciency. no reason to talk about gun control. what would that accomplish. if we changed anything about our gun laws, why it might have an effect and change something. we certainly don't want that now do we.
for the record i'm not for removing guns from everyone. i'm for an open and honest discussion by our leaders on how to address a very real problem that under the current model clearly does not work. personally i've no plans on giving mine up. but something needs to change.
paul

Elyria, OH

#3 Sep 23, 2012
Lets see the shooting in Huntington was done by a felon who isn't allowed to possess a firearm.
The shooting in Charleston was obviously drug related.
Its all the pill heads around here that is out of control.
So tell us who you are for removing guns from?
ME

Ironton, OH

#4 Sep 23, 2012
What do you expect from the CHANNEL 3 news that comes on channel 4 , don't trust'em, just sayin
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#5 Sep 23, 2012
paul wrote:
Lets see the shooting in Huntington was done by a felon who isn't allowed to possess a firearm.
The shooting in Charleston was obviously drug related.
Its all the pill heads around here that is out of control.
So tell us who you are for removing guns from?
i said an honest discussion with our leaders about a very real problem. not some mudslinging on topix that's going to devolve into they're gonna have to take my gun from my cold dead hands and you're trying to infringe on my constitutional rights. the fact a pillhead or a felon can get a firearm easier than they can an iphone5 in this country is part of the problem. the fact over 8000 homocides (not accidental deaths or suicides) a year occur with some recent years topping 10,000 is a problem. gun legislation does work. the brady bill proved it worked. then when bush removed provisions of the bill it proved deregulation does not work. but you only have the number of bullets in the dead bodies lying around as the result of violent crime to use as proof. what kind of proof is that against an NRA pamplet, right?
I'd like to see a real conversation about this happen. But I know it never will. Because politicians on both sides don't have the heart for it.
DEVIL

Russell, KY

#6 Sep 23, 2012
mind your own damn business! and stop trying to tell people what to do with their guns. we don't need anymore useless gun control laws.
wtfever wrote:
<quoted text>i said an honest discussion with our leaders about a very real problem. not some mudslinging on topix that's going to devolve into they're gonna have to take my gun from my cold dead hands and you're trying to infringe on my constitutional rights. the fact a pillhead or a felon can get a firearm easier than they can an iphone5 in this country is part of the problem. the fact over 8000 homocides (not accidental deaths or suicides) a year occur with some recent years topping 10,000 is a problem. gun legislation does work. the brady bill proved it worked. then when bush removed provisions of the bill it proved deregulation does not work. but you only have the number of bullets in the dead bodies lying around as the result of violent crime to use as proof. what kind of proof is that against an NRA pamplet, right?
I'd like to see a real conversation about this happen. But I know it never will. Because politicians on both sides don't have the heart for it.
ak-74 bang

United States

#7 Sep 23, 2012
So-called assault weapons are used in .2% of all violent crimes.
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#8 Sep 23, 2012
DEVIL wrote:
mind your own damn business! and stop trying to tell people what to do with their guns. we don't need anymore useless gun control laws. <quoted text>
well dipshit. without realing it you've made my point. but I'll just use your words to show why. "we don't need anymore useless gun control laws." I totally agree with you. Most of the current gun legislation is useless and a joke and clearly doesn't work. We have no need for more useless legislation. We do have need of useful legislation. Thanks for your support. I don't recall telling anyone what to do with their guns. Just to address your most vehement point. Having personally known several people killed by guns and gun violence including a mother a father and a daughter while a 3 year old watched, It is my fucking business. So shove it up your ass sideways.
Republican

United States

#9 Sep 23, 2012
How true,I lost a loved one in a automobile accident and believe car's should be banned.
DEVIL

Russell, KY

#10 Sep 23, 2012
OH! did i touch a nerve. for your info i know of 2 people that have died from guns. and one was a close friend, but it wasn't the gun that killed him. it was the useless asshole behind the trigger. so unless you and those like you can change human nature. your wasting everyone's time passing gun control laws. have a good day "DIP SHIT" BANG BANG!
patriot

United States

#11 Sep 23, 2012
Glad to see the liberals finally saying what we all already understood. a disarmed people are called slaves.long live the republic !
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#12 Sep 23, 2012
learn to read. i myself am a gun owner and have no intention of giving up any of mine. but that's just what i said on the very first fucking statement i made. that's just the part you chose to ignore. i said discuss gun issues in an honest and open fashion. you cried like the predictable little tools you are.
gun owners of America

United States

#13 Sep 23, 2012
and your one of Obama's little troll's.what was the objective of the Obama's atf fast and furious operation?
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#14 Sep 23, 2012
gun owners of America wrote:
and your one of Obama's little troll's.what was the objective of the Obama's atf fast and furious operation?
an incompetently handled attempt to track the flow of guns leaving this country and going into mexico to the drug cartels in an attempt to try and stop it. yeah, i can see where you have a real issue with trying to stop mexican gangs getting guns from the united states that can be used against us. actually, mess that it is, it goes to prove a point. guns being bought in the US do get used to shoot our agents. Had they not bought this weapon from the atf morons they would have bought it from someone like you at a gunshow in arizona where it is completely legal to do so. and the end result is the same without the ability to try and trace it to the source aka the gangs themselves and give us a chance to break them.
todd

United States

#15 Sep 23, 2012
Wasn't one of the guns the A.T.F. lost track of used to murder Brian Terry a border patrol agent? Great work Obama administration.
mike

United States

#16 Sep 23, 2012
Democrats -antigun
Republicans -pro guns
This republic was created using firepower.
citizen

Piketon, OH

#17 Sep 23, 2012
Anyone whom can own a gun legally should. But if you purchase one and it falls into the wrong hands other than by the way of theft, you should be held accountable. thats the only way to keep them from criminals. People would be more responsible with firearms.
Wakeup

United States

#18 Sep 23, 2012
Guns should only be in the hands of police and military PERIOD!
They take peoples rights away to smoke in public places for the health of others!
WTF don't they take the guns for the health of innocent people?
Automobiles? WTF are try registered for 110 -210 when the speed limit at the most is 85-90!
Our government is a JOkE!
DEVIL

Russell, KY

#19 Sep 23, 2012
WAKE UP IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Wakeup wrote:
Guns should only be in the hands of police and military PERIOD!
They take peoples rights away to smoke in public places for the health of others!
WTF don't they take the guns for the health of innocent people?
Automobiles? WTF are try registered for 110 -210 when the speed limit at the most is 85-90!
Our government is a JOkE!
O S U

United States

#20 Sep 23, 2012
scary to see wake-up wants to do away with the constitution If you don't like it leave it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
info on hot blonde 1 hr chevy truck 00 1
Cr Thomas's restaurant 1 hr Old customer 5
Knights of Columbus Bar biotch 1 hr Lost 13
What do you think of Sara Tackett that went to ... (Jun '10) 1 hr Lost 7
peddlers (Sep '13) 1 hr Ewww 45
Anyone know Sam Riedel (Oct '12) 2 hr Southern irish 18
Ivy (Mar '13) 3 hr We know the truth 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ironton Mortgages