anti gun obama
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
kitts hill

Grafton, OH

#1 Oct 17, 2012
Guess after watching the debate last nite you gun owners realize what we all feared
Obama's change on gun rights in his second term.when asked about an assault weapons ban he is now all for it but even worse was what he said next.we have alot of crime in my old home town of Chicago and its not with AK-47's its with handguns. So if he admitted more crime was with handguns as opposed to AK-47's
and he is willing to ban them you really think any of your guns are safe with him? He!! No Obama's gotta go.
josey wales

Grafton, OH

#2 Oct 17, 2012
You gun owners just going to stand there or are you going to pull them curtains on November 6 and ditch Obama.
dalejrfan

Ashland, KY

#3 Oct 17, 2012
Umm, Obama's stance on guns is no different then any President before him. he said he doesnt believe that assault rifles made for war should be on the street and is a firm believer in the second amendment. you really think he is going to try to come into our homes and take our guns away. come on man. quit the fear mongering.

Proud gun owner and hunter voting for Obama/Biden 2012.
josey wales

United States

#4 Oct 17, 2012
Principles Obama supports on gun issues as a Senator.
1.ban the sale or transfer of all semi automatic guns
2.increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Source- 1998 Illinois state legislative national political awareness test

Back in 1996 when Obama was running for Illinois Senate a Chicago nonprofit organization independent voters of Illinois sent out a questionnaire and question #35 was do you support state legislation to.
A.ban the manufacture, sale, and possession of hand guns? Answer YES
B.ban assault weapons? answer YES
county employee

United States

#5 Oct 18, 2012
His comments in the debate are just a glimpse of things to come in his second term.remember he sent Hillary Clinton to the U.N. GUN BAN TREATY
kitts hill

United States

#6 Oct 18, 2012
As a Senator he even proposed a ban on rifle caliber ammunition that would penetrate cops bullet resistant vest well any rifle caliber ammo minus 22 caliber will do that.
mike

United States

#7 Oct 18, 2012
So no more deer hunting people of the tristate because most new shotgun slugs will defeat the level of body armor cops wear.
Hmmmmm

Ashland, KY

#8 Oct 18, 2012
This is pathetic. here in the latest stream of comments josey wales location changes to Barberton, OH and what do u know all of the other supposed romney supporters that are backing each other up with the same ridiculous hate filled slander is from the exact same place (Barberton, OH). Kinda funny how yesterday all of the supposed pro romney "people" where from the same place (Dayton, oh) then when one of the said romney supporters location changes so do the rest. Its obvious to anyone that can see that its the same person just posting under different names. Just shows how pathetic this person is and the lengths they will go to try and influence your vote. Come here to state facts and back them up with research? Nope just post under a bunch of different names and spew the same fox news rhetoric like hes a socialist and a Muslim, how could any christian vote for mr blacky, come on man, get a better hobby. your really pathetic.
Wanda

Ashland, KY

#9 Oct 18, 2012
Hmmmmm wrote:
This is pathetic. here in the latest stream of comments josey wales location changes to Barberton, OH and what do u know all of the other supposed romney supporters that are backing each other up with the same ridiculous hate filled slander is from the exact same place (Barberton, OH). Kinda funny how yesterday all of the supposed pro romney "people" where from the same place (Dayton, oh) then when one of the said romney supporters location changes so do the rest. Its obvious to anyone that can see that its the same person just posting under different names. Just shows how pathetic this person is and the lengths they will go to try and influence your vote. Come here to state facts and back them up with research? Nope just post under a bunch of different names and spew the same fox news rhetoric like hes a socialist and a Muslim, how could any christian vote for mr blacky, come on man, get a better hobby. your really pathetic.
Now, he is looking at your Gun Rights. Direct attack on the second Amendment.

President Obama’s exact words:

“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

Only a closed minded individual who does not care for all of their rights, only the rights that are convenient to them would ignore this issue. So because criminals use guns that means the law abiding citizens have to pay the price? Even after admitting that Assault Weapons are not the problem. Or does he plan to Ban more than just assault rifles? They are your rights, your vote.
Protect your rights!
Mark

Ashland, KY

#10 Oct 18, 2012
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".......
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#11 Oct 18, 2012
i got an idea. i'll just make thread after thread after thread of bullshit. login three times under a different name each time and try to make it look like this has some real support even though it's clearly bullshit.
oh wait, someone else already had that idea......
randy

United States

#12 Oct 18, 2012
Well prove that that wasn't Obama's stance on guns.
grey

Ashland, KY

#13 Oct 18, 2012
randy wrote:
Well prove that that wasn't Obama's stance on guns.
Despite the perception that Mr. Obama is anti-gun rights (gun shop owners say fear of his policies drives strong gun sales), he has repeatedly reaffirmed the right to bear arms. Indeed, the only gun-control laws he has signed as president have been to expand gun rights – allowing guns on national park lands and Amtrak trains. He also said this year that “hunting and shooting are part of a cherished national heritage.”
randy

United States

#14 Oct 18, 2012
That was in his first term and he understands he wouldn't have a chance at reelection but if he gets back in lookout gun owners.
Look at his stance before he was elected president.
curious

Ashland, KY

#15 Oct 18, 2012
Oh shut up your crazy if you think he can take guns stop crying ur guns are safe
grey

Ashland, KY

#16 Oct 18, 2012
Wanda wrote:
<quoted text>Now, he is looking at your Gun Rights. Direct attack on the second Amendment.

President Obama’s exact words:

“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

Only a closed minded individual who does not care for all of their rights, only the rights that are convenient to them would ignore this issue. So because criminals use guns that means the law abiding citizens have to pay the price? Even after admitting that Assault Weapons are not the problem. Or does he plan to Ban more than just assault rifles? They are your rights, your vote.
Protect your rights!
At least quote the full thing if your going to quote someone. Obama went on to say.

"And so what can we do to intervene to make sure that young people have opportunity, that our schools are working, that if there’s violence on the streets, that working with faith groups and law enforcement, we can catch it before it gets out of control?

And so what I want is a — is a comprehensive strategy. Part of it is seeing if we can get automatic weapons that kill folks in amazing numbers out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. But part of it is also going deeper and seeing if we can get into these communities and making sure we catch violent impulses before they occur."

Has nothing to do with coming into the homes of regular citizans and taking our guns. If u r a criminal then yes maybe u have something to worry about not because Obama will make new gun laws but because he will enforce the laws we already have.(felons are prohibited by law from ever owning a firearm)
grey

Ashland, KY

#17 Oct 18, 2012
randy wrote:
That was in his first term and he understands he wouldn't have a chance at reelection but if he gets back in lookout gun owners.
Look at his stance before he was elected president.
You really should stop only listening to rush and Oreilly. If your going to form your own opinion and not just repeat the rhetoric of the right wing extremists then try to keep an open mind and listen to both sides of the argument before coming on a public site and voicing your opinion.
Buck Hunter

Ashland, KY

#18 Oct 18, 2012
randy wrote:
That was in his first term and he understands he wouldn't have a chance at reelection but if he gets back in lookout gun owners.
Look at his stance before he was elected president.
Obama's Anti-gun Record

Barack Obama supports handgun registration and licensing...

I know that the NRA believes people should be unimpeded and unregulated on gun ownership. I disagree. I do not object to the lawful use and ownership of firearms, but I do think it is entirely it appropriate for the state to monitor it. Too many of these guns end up in the hands of criminals even though they were originally purchased by people who did not have a felony. I'll continue to be in favor of handgun law registration requirements and licensing requirements for training.[Chicago Defender, 7/5/01]
--- http://factcheck.barackobama.com/factcheck2/2...

and more...

The package closes the Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card loopholes which resulted in the shooting out in Melrose Park. We're eliminating 17 specific assault weapons. There is no reason why anybody should need an assault weapon to protect themselves or their family,' Obama said.'We're limiting handgun sales to one a month. We're calling for handgun registration. It's very hard right now to track whether or not a felon has turned in his weapons or if he has a FOID card because we don't know how many weapons he has purchased.[Chicago Defender, 2/20/01]
--- http://factcheck.barackobama.com/factcheck2/2...

Opposes civilian concealed carry

I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
--- Mendell, David, "From Promise to Power" (2007), p. 251.

I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.
--- Pittsburg Tribune-Review (April 2, 2008).

[Obama] backed federal legislation that would ban citizens from carrying weapons, except for law enforcement. He cited Texas as an example of a place where a law allowing people to carry weapons has "malfunctioned" because hundreds of people granted licenses had prior convictions.

"National legislation will prevent other states' flawed concealed-weapons laws from threatening the safety of Illinois residents," Obama said.
--- http://www.icadp.org/page236.html (Citing David Mendel, Chicago Tribune, February 20, 2004)

Opposes possession of most semi-automatic rifles

Obama has stated the government needs to permanently reinstate an "assault weapons" ban.
(Obama Calls for Permanent Assault Weapons Ban to Combat Inner-City Violence, Associated Press [via Fox News][July 15, 2007] and http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issue... )
(McCain voted against the 1994 crime bill that contained an "assault weapons" ban [see the latter link].)
Buck Hunter

Ashland, KY

#19 Oct 18, 2012
Obama's Anti-gun Record

(continued)

Voted for a federal ban on most military surplus ammo

Voted in 2005 to classify all Full Metal Jacket ammo in the following calibers as armor-piercing (since they are capable both of being fired from a handgun and of penetrating Kevlar bullet-resistant vests):

223 Remington
308 Winchester
Soviet 7.62x39

Source: http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_ca...

Opposes protecting firearms manufacturers from lawsuits due to the misuse of their products.

In July, 2005 Obama voted against S. 397 that passed by a wide margin (65-31) and became law in October, 2005. This act prohibits "civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others."

Probably supports local handgun bans

The campaign of Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said that he "believes that we can recognize and respect the rights of law-abiding gun owners and the right of local communities to enact common sense laws to combat violence and save lives. Obama believes the D.C. handgun law is constitutional."
--- http://www.sportsmenforobama.org/content/view... (Citing James Oliphant and Michael J. Higgins, "Court To Hear Gun Case," Chicago Tribune, 11/20/07).

(See http://www.scotuswiki.com/index.php... for background on the case of District of Columbia v. Heller, before the Supreme Court, that will decide the constitutionality of a civilian handgun ban in Washington, D.C.)

Opposed the nomination of Supreme Court justices John G. Roberts Jr. and Samuel A. Alito Jr.

Recent Supreme Court justices John G. Roberts Jr. and Samuel A. Alito Jr. were instrumental to a favorable Second Amendment ruling in the Heller case mentioned above. Obama voted against the nomination of Roberts and Alito.(McCain voted for the nomination of both justices.)(Roberts' roll call vote, Alito's roll call vote)
Nathan

Ashland, KY

#20 Oct 18, 2012
Though the president has rarely mentioned gun control in public, the Washington Post has reported the following about a meeting between leading gun control advocates Jim and Sarah Brady and Obama’s press secretary:

During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control,“to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.

“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them.“We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

In keeping with an under-the-radar approach, Obama voiced support for the Supreme Court’s ruling in D.C. v Heller (which was decided by a tight 5-4 margin) while he:

* appointed a Supreme Court Justice (Sonia Sotomayor) who joined in an opinion declaring that “the use of arms for private self-defense does not warrant federal constitutional protection from state regulation,” and the Framers of the Constitution “did not write the Second Amendment in order to protect a private right of armed self-defense.”
* appointed another Supreme Court Justice (Elena Kagan) who recommend denying an appeal hearing for someone convicted of violating Washington, D.C.’s gun laws because, in her words, the man’s “sole contention is that the District of Columbia’s firearms statutes violate his constitutional right to ‘keep and bear arms.’ I’m not sympathetic.”

Furthermore, as a U.S. senator, Obama voted against the nomination of two justices who ruled in favor of an individual right to bear arms in D.C v Heller, and he also identified two other justices who ruled this way as people he would not have nominated to the Supreme Court. Obama didn’t say that gun control was as a reason he opposed any of these nominations, but nonetheless, if the president had his way, 4 of the 5 justices who ruled in favor of Heller would not have been on the Supreme Court.

Congruently, during the 2008 presidential race, Politico uncovered two candidate position questionnaires from Obama’s 1996 campaign for the Illinois state Senate. In both questionnaires, the question was posed,“Do you support state legislation to ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns?” In both cases, the answer was “Yes.”

When these questionnaires became public, Obama’s campaign asserted that a staffer filled them out and some of the replies did not and do not reflect Obama’s views. However, an investigation by Politico found that one of the questionnaires contains written notes that appear to be in Obama’s hand, and the other questionnaire has a cover sheet indicating that Obama supplied the answers in a face-to-face interview at the house of a board member of the organization that issued the questionnaire. The board member has confirmed that Obama personally sat for this interview.

Additionally, two years later on July 2, 1998, Obama or one of his aides submitted a candidate position questionnaire advocating a “ban” on the “sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.”

Obama has publicly expressed support for gun rights since he began running for president, stating in 2008 that “I won’t take your handgun away” and “I believe in people’s lawful right to bear arms.” Nevertheless, Obama’s Supreme Court appointments, Senate votes, and reported statements to Jim and Sarah Brady are consistent with his previously declared agenda to restrict gun rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
overdose 11 min Concerned citizen 60
for x slaves 3 hr hi note 16
I love my husband but.. 5 hr oh wtfever 3
Voyeurism in Ironton? 8 hr Thenextguy 6
good sex stories (Nov '10) 13 hr Lisa 143
Vote Yes for campus carry! 17 hr 18plus1 49
Take you away Sat I town observer 14

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ironton Mortgages