Next Last
December 15 1967

Ashland, KY

#41 Dec 31, 2012
oh yes, they have opened it.
bad location

Grove City, OH

#42 Dec 31, 2012
I have always thought that if this area wants to grow economically the bridge should have connected 52 to the Industrial Parkway. It would have been about half way between the Ashland bridge and the Greenup Dam bridge, promote commerce by allowing trucks to commute, and the way it is now Russell loses.
Anonymous

Ironton, OH

#43 Dec 31, 2012
bad location wrote:
I have always thought that if this area wants to grow economically the bridge should have connected 52 to the Industrial Parkway. It would have been about half way between the Ashland bridge and the Greenup Dam bridge, promote commerce by allowing trucks to commute, and the way it is now Russell loses.
And the bridge is open !!!
trucker

Mansfield, OH

#44 Dec 31, 2012
bad location wrote:
that's why its not your decision I am glad your crazy
the water will be cold

Culloden, GA

#45 Dec 31, 2012
bad location wrote:
it should run from where you turn to go up to bellefonte hospital all the way over the city to straight to 141 exit. that would benefit the people out in rural lawrence county alot better.
lutz

Mansfield, OH

#46 Dec 31, 2012
the water will be cold wrote:
<quoted text>it should run from where you turn to go up to bellefonte hospital all the way over the city to straight to 141 exit. that would benefit the people out in rural lawrence county alot better.
it was designed for retail in ironton so you don't know crap
the water will be cold

Culloden, GA

#47 Jan 1, 2013
lutz wrote:
<quoted text> it was designed for retail in ironton so you don't know crap
what retail? bars? only for you to come back across through a checkpoint after?
duh

Bronx, NY

#48 Jan 1, 2013
Sorry it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Don't think one comment = obsessing. By the way silly, I got it!
Feelthesameway wrote:
<quoted text>I so knew you wouldn't get it- that is the point I was trying to make exactly- why would anyone beat a dead horse just as why would anyone keep obsessing over spelling errors= DUH!!!!!Smh!!!
wonder

Ironton, OH

#49 Jan 1, 2013
It connects to a major 4 lane in kentucky, 23, why not to 52? Why run it right down in to a dead town that's going to now have semi trucks traveling it? Looks like it could have connected to 52 and had one or two off ramps into town.

“Easy does it... ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#50 Jan 1, 2013
lutz wrote:
<quoted text> it was designed for retail in ironton so you don't know crap
Unfortunately Kentucky (via Ashland) usually comes out on top at the retail end. More stores,restaurants,and businesses to choose from.
The ball was dropped in Ironton in that aspect, and is still being fumbled around to this day, by the fearless leaders.

The one thing Ashland can keep is Wallmart, JMO. One would kill many of the small businesses Ironton does still have.
Just joking

South Point, OH

#51 Jan 1, 2013
I started a thread a while back about the Mothman as a way to get people's attention about the safety of this bridge. Since I posted that thread, there have been 2 serious incidents with this structure. I'm not a Mothman believer nor do I believe anyone is going to warn us of looming disasters, but I am taken back a bit by these events. Scary stuff. I think our best protection is common sense. We know what happened in Point Pleasant and it could happen here too. So for me and my family, we'll use the Ashland bridge.
Darn

Russell, KY

#52 Jan 2, 2013
Ironton benefits a lot from the bridge being where it's at too. I live in Flatwoods at the bottom of Wheeler hill like 3 minutes from the bridge. Do you think I drive all the way to Ashland to get beer when I can just cross over right in Ironton and swing through the carry-out or hit up CVS? Nope. I know a LOT of folks on this side of the river feel the same way. And people that live even further down like in Wurtland or Greenup. Ya'll get a lot of KY's money over there too. And when I want some late night taco bell? Ironton. Not Russell.
duh

Fairfield, OH

#53 Jan 2, 2013
LIKE!
Darn wrote:
Ironton benefits a lot from the bridge being where it's at too. I live in Flatwoods at the bottom of Wheeler hill like 3 minutes from the bridge. Do you think I drive all the way to Ashland to get beer when I can just cross over right in Ironton and swing through the carry-out or hit up CVS? Nope. I know a LOT of folks on this side of the river feel the same way. And people that live even further down like in Wurtland or Greenup. Ya'll get a lot of KY's money over there too. And when I want some late night taco bell? Ironton. Not Russell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to become pregnant. (Jul '10) 27 min Kabel 18
amber gould (Jan '11) 40 min news 38
New Commissioners 3 hr Collins will not ... 3
white history month (Jan '11) 4 hr malcolm x burns i... 148
Bernie Sanders voters only please...... 6 hr Terry 8
Does anyone know where Eric Lancaster is 7 hr Mar 1
Amanda doss is insane 7 hr Mar 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ironton Mortgages